• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

>>2nd Amendment March DC<< ***BUS TRIP***

Boss has still been stalling my time off request... I told him this is very important to me ... will update asap.

OK, some observations while I was getting my own directions...

Once you get off the Mass Pike and get through the tolls, you will almost instantly come to a light at a T intersection. You need to go left here, so coming out of the tolls, be sure to get into the left lane. This should not be too hard at that hour, but if there is a lot of truck traffic, be aware.

After you turn left, the Big Y is a quarter mile down on the right.

If you are hungry, there is a McDonalds and Burger King just a little past the Big Y. BK is on your right and MD is on the left. McD's is 24 hour drive-thru.

Commuter lot is the large lot behind the McD's. Marked "Park Here" on the photo below.

Here is the aerial photo:

BusMeet.jpg

The tolls are on the upper right. The purple line is your path in. At the bottom you can see the BK and MD. I placed the "B" marker where I think the bus might be. (ignore the label for the Big Y, it's the large white building to the left of the "B".)

Park at "Park Here" and walk to "Bus Here".

If you need a GPS address, use: Big Y Foods, 425 Center Street, Ludlow, MA 01056-2902

Long/Lat: 42.168495 -72.482151

Last edited:
The commuter lot is behind the mcdonalds. Mcdonald has a24 hour drive thru. Park at the commuter lot and walk across the street to the big y. The lot does not have enough turn around for the bus to manuver in the lot. I am at the lot right now and it is full but it should be fairly empy at midnight

anyway i can reserve two spots. i know i am 100% on going i am just waiting for an asnwer back from my fahter.

I did not get the time off approved - I am very frustrated but have no intention on pushing the limit with my employer. PM SENT

Thank You to all that are doing this on for our benefit.
I cannot attend but I will be there in heart and spirit!

So is anyone planning on bringing/making signs? Or some kind of indicator to identify our membership? I will for sure be wearing my NES patch. Also I heard something about wearing empty holsters for symbolism. Is that something a lot of people plan on doing?

hey i appreciate you holding a couple of spots for me but i found a bus that is closer to my house by about an hour. again thanks for holding them and i am sorry if i messed the system up. looking forward to seeing you all down there

Don't feel bad Max - my boss is on vacation so I'll be staying home too. I will also be with you all in spirit - do us all proud folks - make our voices heard round the world [wink].

Lynne, if it makes you feel any better, your first(?) post kicked my butt into gear and is the reason i made the decision to go (on the bus) no matter what.

Thanks!!

I truly wish I could be with you Boom - and someone is taking my place, which is good. However, with bossman out - I'm next in command......

Just in case anyone was not aware, there is a money bomb today for the 2A march. Maybe those who cant make it do to scheduling conflicts can contribute a little since they are saving the money they were planning on spending?

https://www.fundraisingbynet.net/fb...dWidgetTracker=5A5B5E&guidRegistration=565958

Well since they didn't even come close to raising the amount they were hoping for, they moved the expiration to April 19th. This is a quite disheartening.

I just got this in my e-mail today. Good for you Kiver.

Date: Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Bus from Springfield to DC for Second Amendment March
To: North Attleborough Republican <[email protected]>

I just spoke to XXXX XXXXXXX ([email protected]), who organized the bus trip, and they have 3 or 4 seats left. Is anybody in NARTC interested in going along? Here is the trip information:

"The bus will be leaving the Big Y parking lot in Ludlow MA on Early morning April 19th approximately 12:00AM midnight. It is a trip down to DC. We should get there around 9am and the event runs from 10-5. We will then head back on the bus for the trek home. We should get back to Ludlow around 1AM. The Big Y is just off the Mass Pike exit 7 I believe. I am charging only to cover the cost of the bus at $55 per person. Bus company is Five Star Transportation. I have one of the front seats reserved for a handicapped individual and there will be some breaks during the trip to stretch and or get a bite to eat. Please let me know if this still interests you and let me know how many would like to attend so I can reserve your seats as we still have some space left."

Because the bus will get back so late, I'm reluctant to go but if someone will come with me, and will keep me company on the 1 AM drive back to North, I'd love to go. If you are short on $$$, Joe said some doctors had donated a big chunk of the cost of the bus and he was giving away seats.

Please let me know if you want to do an overnight trip with me and a bunch (45) more Second Amendment supporters!

I hope you guys have a good trip! I know I suck for not going...so thanks for going in place of us with more shallow commitments.

Back
Top Bottom