>>2nd Amendment March DC<< ***BUS TRIP***

FYI...

Looking up the DC laws and found some that some might find useful.

"Assisted Opening" knives may be illegal. Several reports of people getting into trouble with them although the law itself does not seem to apply. Of course, it's DC, so I don't really expect the powers that be to actually follow the law.

OC seems to be OK. (pepper spray)

Your links don't work. I keep seeing the "must be registered" all over the place, but the only thing I've seen that expands on this implies it's only if you Purchase it there that it is registered. BAH, probably not worth the hassle.

Oops, sorry. Here's the main link.

http://government.westlaw.com/linkedslice/search/default.asp?RS=GVT1.0&VR=2.0&SP=dcc-1000

Type in the word "spray" and hit "search".

The first three listings are the applicable codes (DC ST § 7-2502.12, DC ST § 7-2502.13 & DC ST § 7-2502.14)

So is anyone planning on bringing/making signs? Or some kind of indicator to identify our membership? I will for sure be wearing my NES patch. Also I heard something about wearing empty holsters for symbolism. Is that something a lot of people plan on doing?

I have a few OWB holsters for guns I dont own anymore, so if anyone needs one, let me know. I am unsure if there is an organized thing WRT the empty holsters. If there is I can bring a box of holsters.

We probably should make signs /posters, but I have no idea what to put
on one. Maybe we need some red and white foam hands, or pompoms or something.... [laugh]

ETA: I noticed Yelena is on the list, IIRC she made some name tags for us from before.... maybe we can recruit her services
again. I am a lamer and I lost the last one I had.... I'm sure it's in my house, somewhere.

-Mike

Last edited:
The first three listings are the applicable codes (DC ST § 7-2502.12, DC ST § 7-2502.13 & DC ST § 7-2502.14)

Those seem to indicate that you only have to register at the time of purchase. 18 years old, OC formula*, directions and expiration date on the can are the only other requirements.

(* Section 12 defines the allowed formulas as: "chloroacetophenone, alphacloracetophenone, phenylchloromethylketone, orthochlorobenazalm-alononitrile or oleoresin capsicum.")

Nothing I see applies to registering items brought into DC, or an outright ban on items not obtained in DC.

Those seem to indicate that you only have to register at the time of purchase. 18 years old, OC formula*, directions and expiration date on the can are the only other requirements.

(* Section 12 defines the allowed formulas as: "chloroacetophenone, alphacloracetophenone, phenylchloromethylketone, orthochlorobenazalm-alononitrile or oleoresin capsicum.")

Nothing I see applies to registering items brought into DC, or an outright ban on items not obtained in DC.

Though IANAL, I interpret it the same way.

We probably should make signs /posters, but I have no idea what to put
on one. Maybe we need some red and white foam hands, or pompoms or something.... [laugh]

ETA: I noticed Yelena is on the list, IIRC she made some name tags for us from before.... maybe we can recruit her services
again. I am a lamer and I lost the last one I had.... I'm sure it's in my house, somewhere.

-Mike

I'm pretty crafty, if everyone likes the idea of name tags for real names or handle names I'd be happy to make them up.
Posters, handmade NES armbands, pipe cleaner hats.....if you want it, let me know and I'll do it up for you! [wink]

I'm pretty crafty, if everyone likes the idea of name tags for real names or handle names I'd be happy to make them up.
Posters, handmade NES armbands, pipe cleaner hats.....if you want it, let me know and I'll do it up for you! [wink]

Since time is short, I can take some of the burden off Kaisha by making the name tags. I made name tags for a gun club I belonged to several years ago. They fit into those little red hunting license holders that you pin on your hat. I have the templates, can photoshop a nice image etc. Kaisha might make a couple of large nice signs and such for the group. Let me know.

Name tags and some signs sound good.

I just wanted to say I am thrilled we have a FULL BUS......

Remember YOU are responsible for knowing the laws in DC. This is a 2nd amendment march and we welcome liberals, conservatives, independents, libertarians, ETC ETC. This is NOT a tea party.

I am not responsible if any one gets into any trouble. Lets all be on our best behavior at the rally and set a good image. I am just the guy that got a bus..that's it

With that said......I look forward to meeting all of you. You are all patriots and doing something that means something... and it's good

Last edited:
And will someone rate this thread with 5 stars. I bumped into it a while ago and accidentally rated it at 4 stars......we deserve a five

I know it means nothing but for some reason it is bugging me

Maybe we could do them anyways, just get them after the fact?

I did get a reply and they would come to $14.75 for 40 if we still wanted them. I do not think there is enough time to get them done for the rally. If it is still of interest I can work on it. These are white t-shirts with the NES 'New England' theme on the front and the SAM patriot with flag on the back. I can open it up to others on the forum that attend the march or supported it..but I want proof

Last edited:
Hey, will there be a restroom on the bus?

Oh Oh! There'd better be. Ya know that commercial where Joe's always "going" and invariably misses the touchdown, basket, homerun, or whatever?..... that'd be ME! I'll have to stop my coffee three days in advance and you don't wanna meet me if I haven't had adequate caffeine fixes. Maybe I could hang a rubber hose out the window [thinking]

if there's chili I'm bringing a nose clip/plug or something to breath through in case someone lets of a [grenade]

as for name tags i have one with my old id but not with the newly acquired Maj. Boom Boom moniker. so tags would be nice.

Last edited:
if there's chili I'm bringing a nose clip/plug or something to breath through in case someone lets of a [jihad]

as for name tags i have one with my old id but not with the newly acquired Maj. Boom Boom moniker. so tags would be nice.

Maybe you guys should have some burgers and baked beans in the parking lot before you'se leave.

OK i just counted the number of people on the list as opposed to just reading the number at the bottom, and i am coming up with 46 but the number says 47 and i blind, dumb or just missing something? OK i AM blind and dumb so it must be i'm missing something...lol

OK i just counted the number of people on the list as opposed to just reading the number at the bottom, and i am coming up with 46 but the number says 47 and i blind, dumb or just missing something? OK i AM blind and dumb so it must be i'm missing something...lol

nice catch...yup one more seat available

Since time is short, I can take some of the burden off Kaisha by making the name tags. I made name tags for a gun club I belonged to several years ago. They fit into those little red hunting license holders that you pin on your hat. I have the templates, can photoshop a nice image etc. Kaisha might make a couple of large nice signs and such for the group. Let me know.

Sure, thats fine. edmorseiii and I will be all set with a name tag as I will be making them but if anyone else is wants one just let me know, and I'll bring some of my craft stuff with me on the bus in case anyone last minute is interested. As for signs I would love to make a few. Anyone have any clever ideas for what they should say??

Back
Top Bottom