>>2nd Amendment March DC<< ***BUS TRIP***

When is the drop-dead date that you need to know by? My schedule's pretty hectic and I have 11 month old twins to deal with, so I honestly don't yet know if I'd be able to make it work (and I don't like to commit to something I can't guarantee I can do).

Would it be too late to get NES hats or t-shirts to show that we are a group from MA when we get there? or would that be silly?

thats a good idea. i have a few patches lying around from the group buy that i haven't used yet. i might buy a hat and put one of the patches on it.

When is the drop-dead date that you need to know by? My schedule's pretty hectic and I have 11 month old twins to deal with, so I honestly don't yet know if I'd be able to make it work (and I don't like to commit to something I can't guarantee I can do).

The bus company told me I could cancel the trip and only lose my deposit as long as I give them at least two weeks notice. There are still unpaid slots but Most have contacted me and committed to this. I DO NOT want to wait until that two week date to determine what is going on. At some point I am going to make a call if it's a go or not. March 20th give me one month before the travel date and I would like to sure things up not too long after that date

The bus company told me I could cancel the trip and only lose my deposit as long as I give them at least two weeks notice. There are still unpaid slots but Most have contacted me and committed to this. I DO NOT want to wait until that two week date to determine what is going on. At some point I am going to make a call if it's a go or not. March 20th give me one month before the travel date and I would like to sure things up not too long after that date

No matter the result I for one appreciate your effort on this!!! Inbound Rep. -R

I was planning on attending with my brother but need to verify that we can get the day off.
I am not looking for a free ticket. I will pay my way and if need be, can cover any additional seats should people not be able to pay for it.

I will confirm my days off and then post back.

OK, I can understand people have rough times. It took me longer than expected to cough up the cash (freaking Excise Taxes) but I'm going.

For some lucky participants, even the cost is now mitigated.

We managed to get about 5,000 people onto Boston Common for a rally. And now we have the change to do the same at the Nation's Capital and we can't get 47? I'll be coming from the Marlborough area and have several seats for anyone who wants to go from here.

I will be coming from the Taunton area, if anyone needs transportation to the bus. I hope more people rethink their positions and make a stand, so we can fill the bus.

“Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice.” - David Kenyon Webster

With two days left until March 20th we are currently $1149 short for this trip. This includes donated seats. Put it this way, Not looking good right now

Alright... figure out how much it would be to split the load evenly amongst we who have committed. I'll dig deep and see if I can come up with the change, freeing free Willie's contribution up to go towards the total.

Alright... figure out how much it would be to split the load evenly amongst we who have committed. I'll dig deep and see if I can come up with the change, freeing free Willie's contribution up to go towards the total.

Just throwing out a number not including 'possible' payments we are looking at an additional $50. If these payments come in it would be reduced

I'm good for $50ish. If it's needed, and everyone else agrees, let me know and I'll send payment.

Perhaps sending out a PM to all peeps on the list would be good. a reminder a bit early. not everyone checks in daily.

I'm good for another $50. if it breaks that then I'll have to find some other way down there.

-Mike

I've got a check for 85$ (what I thought it was going to end up costing) on the way, for the little it helps.

Who's up for alternate transport if that falls through? I'll throw down for gas if someone wants to drive.

I can drive and have a hybrid so the gas cost is easy on the collective wallet for the trip. My main problem is simply the mileage issue on my leased vehicle, and the gas monies. Would be tight. I can calculate what it would cost gas and mileage-wise, and ask that if peeps want to car-pool in my vehicle, I could do that.

I get the sense more and more that this march is important enough to warrant the mileage on the car, and if my sponsorship falls through I guess I could take 3 peeps with me. I was hoping to get a sponsored ride on a bus so I wouldn't have to drive and use up the mileage, and help my back, heh. Alas.

I truly wish i had the extra cash, i don't. I've paid for 2 and for me it would be an extra $100. if i had more time it could be done but not with the time left to us. I also have a bad back, which is why i asked for the front seat on the bus - more room to stretch and stand up, so i don't know how good a car pool would be for me. since i am set up for two, it looks like, should this fall through, that i am out.

hold on..... new thought..... OK i can do the extra $50 each but i hope it doesn't go higher.

I'm very divided on whether or not to go and here's why:

I was all hot on this until the tea party thing started along with the Glenn Beck shouting stuff from the crowds and the blatant cheering on of Fox. As anyone who knows me on this board knows, I'm a fairly liberal guy on lots of issues and frankly, I don't want to be involved in anything like the tea-party stuff. I stridently disagree with most of that political stance.

That's the ONLY factor making me re-think my attendance. If I believed that this was going to be about the Second Amendment and gun rights and no other subject, I'd go in a heartbeat. I view gun rights as a civil rights issue, period. Neither right nor left.

Does anyone have any definite information on this stuff? The 2amarch website is kinda vague. I know lot's of people will be coming and I know lots of gun-rights people are far more right-wing than I'll ever be, which is hunkey dorey by me. We can disagree on other subjects and be on the same page on guns. But if it's going to be a replay of the tea-party march, I'm not going. I know other people who feel the same way.

I'm very divided on whether or not to go and here's why:

I was all hot on this until the tea party thing started along with the Glenn Beck shouting stuff from the crowds and the blatant cheering on of Fox. As anyone who knows me on this board knows, I'm a fairly liberal guy on lots of issues and frankly, I don't want to be involved in anything like the tea-party stuff. I stridently disagree with most of that political stance.

That's the ONLY factor making me re-think my attendance. If I believed that this was going to be about the Second Amendment and gun rights and no other subject, I'd go in a heartbeat. I view gun rights as a civil rights issue, period. Neither right nor left.

Does anyone have any definite information on this stuff? The 2amarch website is kinda vague. I know lot's of people will be coming and I know lots of gun-rights people are far more right-wing than I'll ever be, which is hunkey dorey by me. We can disagree on other subjects and be on the same page on guns. But if it's going to be a replay of the tea-party march, I'm not going. I know other people who feel the same way.

Bill, you're over thinking the situation.......if the 2nd is obliterated, NOTHING else is safe from oppression. Don't try to control things that are beyond your control(ie: coincidental participation of other groups at a large protest, it happens all the time).

In! I'm looking forward to being a part of this event and sharing it with other NESers. If it's the only time in my life I ever visit D.C., I want it to be for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom