>>2nd Amendment March DC<< ***BUS TRIP***

I legitimately can't make it and refuse to feel like a 'slacker' for not wanting to post private reasons in a public forum.

I also won't feel any guilt when the 'sword comes down on my neck' because I know that I'd be there if I could.

Kudos to freewillie for being willing to fund five people who can't afford it.

Last edited:
there are some legit reasons and i covered some of them in an earlier post. its the NON - Legit reasons and more to the fact that out of 11,000 members OF A GUN RELATED WEBSITE we can't get 47 to take a day or two of vacation/sick time or to take $100 (i added a little for food/drink) out of their pocket to support the 2ND Amendment. it should be 47% going never mind 47 people.

we say we hate ma laws, well it looks like we made our own beds and we are willing to lie in them. look I'm not trying to badger anyone into going but i do find it hard to believe, after almost a year on this site, that we can't get 47 people to go on a bus. we talk about gun laws, both ma and fed, daily, i thought there would be more interest.

stepping off my soapbox now....

Alright, IN, on freewillies offer. posting in the other thread. Freewillie, you are a hero for our cause.

WEAK!!!!

And yes I'll be there, driving my own vehicle, alone or with a friend or two if they don't bail.

I don't care if there are ten people there or ten thousand, or ten million, its the principle of the matter.

This is why Massachusetts gun laws SUCK! There is rarely(never) any vocal, animated opposition to them......people roll over and say "Thank You Sir, may I have another? when they should be storming the statehouse with pitchforks and torches.

Massachusetts' conspicuous abscence of participation will be duly noted.....and people wonder why out of state vendors in free states won't ship here?.....because they aren't risking their neck for people here who won't even take a day of their lives to send a message. You think that day will be expensive? Wait until the next round of federal gun laws.

Yes, it is the principle but if only tens or hundreds or even thousands show up in Washington DC the antis will feel emboldend to pass new gun laws but if hundreds of thousands or a million or more show up it will cause them great pause to visually see the resistance they might face if they keep harrassing and discriminating against us. Just like the large spike in gun sales and licenses caused them to rethink trying to force anything through soon. Although the sneaky SOB's are always trying new ways to slip one by us.
I realize that people have other commitments as do many of us but to not be able to fill 47 seats out of over 11,000 members and I believe Kiver has opened this up to others outside of the forum and we still can't fill it truly is dissapointing to say the least.
As you said no wonder we have the gun laws we do.

Please don't wear shoes that don't fit.....you'll only have sore feet. [smile] If you were run over by a bus tomorrow, you'd be replaced.

I'm sure there are a couple of thousand others out there who are just puckering up their asses, too afraid to speak out. You/they better not say a word when the sword comes down on your neck later on.

Put up your 5 sponsored or shut up

I am bringing my 2 teen kids for this because we need to train early the youth to be willing to fight for their rights. Already paid for the three of us. I was somewhat hoping they would be able to meet like minded youth... I guess we'll see!

Please don't wear shoes that don't fit.....you'll only have sore feet. [smile] If you were run over by a bus tomorrow, you'd be replaced.

Actually I wouldn't be replaced. My specialty is so special that you'd have a real hard time replacing me. In the interim your child would probably die, if they needed the type care I give. Now gut up and sponsor 5 or shut up. Your choice.

Last edited:
I'd be no good asleep under a tree in DC due to the timing of the bus trip, aching legs and jostling around the bus bathroon every five minutes[wink]

My wife and I are flying down a few days early and making a mini sight-seeing vacation before the rally. I'd like to get a meet-up point or or cell number so we can meet up with the NES group.

FreeWillie that is a most gracious gesture. Reps inbound.

Actually I wouldn't be replaced. My specialty is so special that you'd have a real hard time replacing me. In the interim your child would probably die, if they needed the type care I give. Now gut up and sponsor 5 or shut up. Your choice.

As I posted, I'll be there along with a couple of others riding with me on my dime......thats sponsorship. If your means allow you to sponsor more, my hat's off to you. I do what I can afford and then some and its alot more than most here will ever do.
Most others here want their rights but will do little or nothing to preserve them as evidenced by the inability to fill a single bus from a pool of 11,000 even with several months of prior notice.

I don't have to shut up....I'm putting up. 11,000 more unheard from, sitting in silence on the sidelines watching, will be wailing and railing against the next wave of federal gun control that comes down the pike, looking everywhere but in the mirror for who to blame.

even some who have signed up, haven't paid up. about a month before the trip and still haven't paid. don't they realize the bus has to be paid for BEFORE the trip? i might be able to see it if this was just announced but that's not the case.

I know money is tight, it's tight for me too. heck I'm on a fixed income too, there is no "extra" money coming into my household either. this IS important, this will help show that we, as gun owners, Family men and sportsmen, will not lay down and let or rights be taken away.

OR WILL IT? after the reaction of this board I'm not so sure! we, as a group, are into firearms. we as a group are into protecting our families. but it doesn't look like we as a group are into protecting out 2ND Amendment rights.

I sure hope OTHER gun sites and OTHER states are having better luck with their members.

heck we can't even fill seats when there free on this board!!!!!

that's funny because i swear i mentioned a number of times that there are legit reasons. if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. i am and have been talking about all the others who are just sitting back and not going because they don't feel like it, or who don't think it will matter. those who have the time and money but for whatever reason won't go. those who spend more in a month on rounds than i do on my heating bill yet won't take $100 for this.

don't take it personal if you have legit reasons - fine. in fact it's none of my business why you can't/won't/don't want to go. so no it doesn't piss me off. my point remains unchanged, on a gun site with this many members we should be able to come up with 47. i never told anyone to get a job, that's kind of hard to do when i don't have one either! hell i don't even have a bank account, just checking, and mostly live week to week - so i know what it's like.

this is about those who have the money, time and means to make this trip and won't but yet talk the talk.

if my opinion about a gun site with 11,000 members not being able to come up with 47 of said members to take a 2ND Amendment stand in DC Pisses you off, sorry, but that's also too bad.

I am sorry to hear about your health and job issues, i truly am. but i am willing to bet there are more members out there who are not in the same position.

Last edited:
My new year's resolution was to stand up for what I believe in at least once this year. This will be it. Count me IN. I'm doing this.

However, the difficulty is that I'm not sure what work will be like mid-April; there's always the chance I'm on business travel that week (maybe even on business travel to DC). I've already blocked this day off in my work calendar, which should block any non-travel related hiccups.

I have no problem tossing money in for this.

My new year's resolution was to stand up for what I believe in at least once this year. This will be it. Count me IN. I'm doing this.

However, the difficulty is that I'm not sure what work will be like mid-April; there's always the chance I'm on business travel that week (maybe even on business travel to DC). I've already blocked this day off in my work calendar, which should block any non-travel related hiccups.

I have no problem tossing money in for this.

you will have to contact Kiver as he is running the bus trip - see the op for links. but be advised that the bus leaves at 12:30 AM on the 19th and comes back about 1:00 AM on the 20th

Back
Top Bottom