>>2nd Amendment March DC<< ***BUS TRIP***

The 50 per the four of us ( I wanted to take the whole famdamily down) and we were going to stay for few days since the kids are out of school for yet another vacation. The additional 50 would put the whole thing out of reach. I would not mind just leaving the money paid as a donation into the kitty because we would not be on the return trip. I'll wait until we get a final answer on a go/no go. I think Kiver posted the date of the 20th was when the decision would be made.

I've always wanted to fight a battle with overwhelming odds against me and come out victoriously

this should not be an overwhelming odds battle here. I have to admit it is ending up as i thought it would with a fight for bus seats, only i thought it would be with people trying to get on - not us trying to push them on...lol

I have to back out. Free willie, I'll PM you with reasons why, as I owe you an explanation...

Sorry it took so long to post something today, but I was waiting for someone to get back to me. Through the generosity of others there is a good possibility that WE ARE STILL HEADED FOR DC!!!!!!!!!

I promised to not discuss the specifics of what happened, but there was yet another HUGE donation for us to 'give em hell in DC'

Currently we are only $350 short so if you can throw a few more bucks my way we can make this happen.

I'm very divided on whether or not to go and here's why:

I was all hot on this until the tea party thing started along with the Glenn Beck shouting stuff from the crowds and the blatant cheering on of Fox. As anyone who knows me on this board knows, I'm a fairly liberal guy on lots of issues and frankly, I don't want to be involved in anything like the tea-party stuff. I stridently disagree with most of that political stance.

That's the ONLY factor making me re-think my attendance. If I believed that this was going to be about the Second Amendment and gun rights and no other subject, I'd go in a heartbeat. I view gun rights as a civil rights issue, period. Neither right nor left.

Does anyone have any definite information on this stuff? The 2amarch website is kinda vague. I know lot's of people will be coming and I know lots of gun-rights people are far more right-wing than I'll ever be, which is hunkey dorey by me. We can disagree on other subjects and be on the same page on guns. But if it's going to be a replay of the tea-party march, I'm not going. I know other people who feel the same way.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a fiscal Conservative, a social Liberal and a Constitutionalists.

Check is on the way. Don't know if I'll have to back out of going but this too important not to support it financially. Heck if all those who can't take the time off would toss in whatever they can for the cause, $5, $10, $20 this would be a done deal.

Last edited:
thanks Doc for your support, hopefully you'll be able to make it!!

I threw in some more last night, so hopefully we can still get this worked out. we are sooooo close, too close for it not to happen. but i have given all that i have, that's the dead honest truth. sometimes i tend to say too much online, i know this, but I'm an honest person and when i say i have given all i got i mean it. i have $6 left in the bank. this is too important to me to let it die over a few dollars. but the rest of it has to be up to the rest of you, there is no more that i can do.

thanks Doc for your support, hopefully you'll be able to make it!!

I threw in some more last night, so hopefully we can still get this worked out. we are sooooo close, too close for it not to happen. but i have given all that i have, that's the dead honest truth. sometimes i tend to say too much online, i know this, but I'm an honest person and when i say i have given all i got i mean it. i have $6 left in the bank. this is too important to me to let it die over a few dollars. but the rest of it has to be up to the rest of you, there is no more that i can do.

God bless you. And thanks for your continuous presence promoting this cause.

I initially said I was in, and like Doc, I can't guarantee I'll make the trip. But, since I said I was in I've paid for my seat. Funds just sent. Sorry for the delay in getting the money in. Had to wait for the paycheck.

Back
Top Bottom