• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

>>2nd Amendment March DC<< ***BUS TRIP***

Did you ever get any action on this? I would be coming from Attleboro. I looked through the posts and it still looks like it was going to be the Big Y in Ludlow, but I have not seen a departure time. I am not worried it will work itself out when we get a confirmation on a go. If where I am coming from works, I would be glad to pick you up enroute.

pick up time is 12:30am Monday morning in the Big Y parking lot. Fingers still crossed
If anything changes I will post it in the first thread so no one has to search the thread

Last edited:
How many more seats need to be filled to make this thing happen?????

I priced this out for 47 people. Price listed is the bus cost. Right now we have 29 people going or 18 people short.

I can increase cost for the 29 going or bail on this and only lose the deposit.
At 29 people we are looking at a price of $84.82PP if my math is right

079cfe8a.jpg

Last edited:
Kiver, thanks for your hard work on this. Whatever you decide on the 20th is fine with me. I obviously can't/don't speak for everyone else, but if you need another 30 or 40 bucks than thats fine with me. It is cheaper than driving myself down there.

Last edited:
Things keep going the wrong way here. I am giving this until the 20th. If I do not get any more interest I am going to have to call this off. If canceled I will be sending everyone their money back

I wouldn't do that. I will be flying down there and was going to meet up with you guys. But I am not arrogant enough to say that is the reason you shouldn't cancel. [laugh] If you are serious about going, even $85 is dirt cheap to get down there and back. The cost of a weekday flight months out is $700 (no, I am not paying that, but you will have to find your own FA to date for the cheap tickets[wink]). If you take the train it is $150-200. If you drive, parking alone will eat up half the $85 and the rest will easily get eaten up in gas, etc. Then there is hotel because you can't drive 16hours in one day with 8 hours out in the sun marching. Well, you are an idiot if you try. $85 is dirt cheap to get to DC roundtrip. DIRT CHEAP. If you folks are serious about going, keep on with this. Tell goal you have extra space. It will get filled or it will at least be worthwhile at $85.

Payment sent. Trying to get a couple more to go. I hope this goes. Kiver, thanks for your time and effort, it's a great opportunity you have given us.

wow maybe this isn't the site i thought it was........

we do enough talking the talk, it's time to walk the walk.

i understand that some just don't have the cash, god knows i barely have it myself, and i know people work and might not be able to take time off, but we can't get 47 people from this GUN site to take a cheap bus trip to DC to show support for the 2ND amendment? i thought at least a few retired, disabled, or self employed people might go on the bus. anyone have sick or vacation time built up?

i do realize some of you are going down on your own but i still thought we could get a bus load done - i guess i was wrong

I'm with Mj Boom Boom on this...with all the issues in MA with licensing, gun lock laws, DA lists and a field of other crap, we should be making a ton of noise. A TON OF NOISE. I remember the NRA's old slogan "Where were you"

hmmmmm... I'm unemployed now so time isn't an issue... but cost might be. I'll look into it.

We have 11,302 members and we can't even get 47 people. Where are the 3%? We don't even have .5% If this is the overall turnout that is going to occur we won't be making much of a statement in fact it would become an embarrassment if we have a poor turnout.

Here is the original post which started it all:

Ted Nugent To Organize Million Gun March

too bad we can't get 18 of those posters to actually take the bus - what a difference a year makes! i counted over 30 from that thread who said "in" that are not on the bus list. that's not counting those who expressed interest but did not exactly say "in" or those who said they were going by other means. [sad2][sad][angry][frown]

OK I'll throw this out. I don't know what the cost of the bus trip is but I'll cover it for anyone that is unemployed and wants to go or has the time that they can take to go but doesn't have the money. I can't go because of my job (I work at a hospital) but I can damn sure sponsor someone.

We have 11,302 members and we can't even get 47 people. Where are the 3%? We don't even have .5% If this is the overall turnout that is going to occur we won't be making much of a statement in fact it would become an embarrassment if we have a poor turnout.

WEAK!!!!

And yes I'll be there, driving my own vehicle, alone or with a friend or two if they don't bail.

I don't care if there are ten people there or ten thousand, or ten million, its the principle of the matter.

This is why Massachusetts gun laws SUCK! There is rarely(never) any vocal, animated opposition to them......people roll over and say "Thank You Sir, may I have another? when they should be storming the statehouse with pitchforks and torches.

Massachusetts' conspicuous abscence of participation will be duly noted.....and people wonder why out of state vendors in free states won't ship here?.....because they aren't risking their neck for people here who won't even take a day of their lives to send a message. You think that day will be expensive? Wait until the next round of federal gun laws.

Free willie... consider me in, accepting your generous offer, providing I can arrange affordable accommodations. also, reps inbound.

because they aren't risking their neck for people here who won't even take a day of their lives to send a message. You think that day will be expensive? Wait until the next round of federal gun laws.

Some of us work in areas where people's lives hang in the balance. Would you ask us to walk away from that? We also have a commitment to the 2nd Amendment but to us your life is more important and so we go to our jobs and do what we do best.... save lives. Please don't paint with a broad brush.

Free willie... consider me in, accepting your generous offer, providing I can arrange affordable accommodations. also, reps inbound.

I think if you read about the trip you won't need accommodations. It's a whirlwind tour. But if you do, bring a sleeping bag and throw it on the steps of the White House. When they try to roust you tell them you fell like sleeping outside on the steps of YOUR house.

Some of us work in areas where people's lives hang in the balance. Would you ask us to walk away from that? We also have a commitment to the 2nd Amendment but to us your life is more important and so we go to our jobs and do what we do best.... save lives. Please don't paint with a broad brush.

Please don't wear shoes that don't fit.....you'll only have sore feet. [smile] If you were run over by a bus tomorrow, you'd be replaced.

I'm sure there are a couple of thousand others out there who are just puckering up their asses, too afraid to speak out. You/they better not say a word when the sword comes down on your neck later on.

Back
Top Bottom