• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour turns in pipe bomb builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like this thread is heading straight into the shitter. [rolleyes]

I'll just say I could give a rats ass if Martlet stands outside Zero Hour pointing his finger yelling "Tattle Tail!"
I'll walk right by and go in and shop.

As far as some looney tune getting drunk and making pipe bombs in his garage, I know I wouldn't want it going on next door to me.

That sounds like liberal jibber-jabber to me. Replace the word bomb with gun's and you'd be ready to enlist in the million mom march [rolleyes]

Where can we buy a already made pipe bomb and what license covers that purchase. And I am not replacing the word bomb with guns.

“What was he planning to do with all of that stuff?” Aldrich asked. “I hope they find that out. We all want to know that.”

Why do they assume he was planning on doing anything with them?

My guns are legal and my prescription meds are too. I wouldn't have anything to lose in a search of my house, though I would resist a search without proper authority, because we have the right to be free and safe in our homes.

If some of you guys can't see the seriousness of this situation, picture living next door to this guy some night when he's been drinking and does something wrong with his chemicals.[thinking]

I don't think this has anything to do with our gun rights. If he was making guns, maybe. As it is, he just sounds like a loony.

I can't hold this against Zero Hour because Jim had the balls to take a stand and do the right thing.

Martlet, how's life on the other side of reality? I used to live there too, but "I'm MUCH BETTER NOW!" [smile]

If some of you guys can't see the seriousness of this situation, picture living next door to this guy some night when he's been drinking and does something wrong with his chemicals.[thinking]

Phew. Good thing no gun owners drink. Imagine what could happen if a gun owner got drunk and did something wrong with his gun.

Martlet, how's life on the other side of reality? I used to live there too, but "I'm MUCH BETTER NOW!" [smile]

You are. Now that you have come to accept Big Brother as the care taker of anything dangerous. Turn in your guns.

Where can we buy a already made pipe bomb and what license covers that purchase. And I am not replacing the word bomb with guns.

Sure you are. Your argument was specifically that they were to dangerous in "today's world".

If he was breaking the law, which I assume he was, then I don't really have too much of a problem with what Jim did.

...But I don't like calling this guy a looney or a nutcase or assuming that he had nefarious plans when people have no evidence to suggest that is the case. For all I know, the guy just loves making bombs. That doesn't make him nuts in my book. Maybe on the wrong side of the law, but not nuts.

If he was breaking the law, which I assume he was, then I don't really have too much of a problem with what Jim did.

I do, to a point. If you had loaned him your car, he found a loose shotgun shell under the seat, then turned you in and you lost your license and was charged accordingly, how would you feel then?

...But I don't like calling this guy a looney or a nutcase or assuming that he had nefarious plans when people have no evidence to suggest that is the case. For all I know, the guy just loves making bombs. That doesn't make him nuts in my book. Maybe on the wrong side of the law, but not nuts.

He was certainly not very bright, but that doesn't make him a nutcase or dangerous.

If anything, this makes me more inclined to buy something from ZHA. Ammo or something and take the opportunity to shake Jim's hand.

So, if this guy was building these bombs and happened to mention to Jim that he planned to use one to kill his wife or an ex boss, would Jim still be a rat for calling the police? How about if they guy told Jim he was making full auto guns in his garage and was going to sell them to people?

Is it OK to disregard all laws that we don't like?

Gary

I decided to retract this statement, people seem to think it's some sort of personal attack while I was mostly poking fun at a person.

Last edited:
If anything, this makes me more inclined to buy something from ZHA. Ammo or something and take the opportunity to shake Jim's hand.

So, if this guy was building these bombs and happened to mention to Jim that he planned to use one to kill his wife or an ex boss, would Jim still be a rat for calling the police? How about if they guy told Jim he was making full auto guns in his garage and was going to sell them to people?

Is it OK to disregard all laws that we don't like?

Gary

Are you serious? If he didn't have pipe bombs and he was threatening someone I'd turn him in. He wasn't, though. He was minding his own business on his own property.

I'm beggining to think that someone's defending making pipe bombs a little bit much. Member of Al-Queda perhaps??

I'm waiting until he starts typing, "Dirka dirka Muhammed Jihad!"

Excellent. When you run out of arguments, just start hurling insults.

Great job.

I think Sheppard did the right thing.

+1 There is no comparison to be made between legally owning firearms and illegally making explosive devices. None. I've never been down to ZHA, but this has got me thinking I need to make the trip sometime.

+1 There is no comparison to be made between legally owning firearms and illegally making explosive devices. None. I've never been down to ZHA, but this has got me thinking I need to make the trip sometime.

Apparently there is in Martlett and other's minds. Good clean fun, that's all it is.

Gary

Make sure you don't have any loose ammo in your car. If he sees it, he'll turn you in.

drunk and making boom's , bad combo. I hate to snitch on people but what could happen if he was drunk and made a fatal mistake.

I mean come on we all have a couple of pipe bombs right? It must have been the sheer number they didn't like.

They are currently illegal to possess. So, while some may disagree about how fair or warranted that is, it is what the law states. In addition, you aren't going to find to many sympathetic jurors on these facts - tough to argue he was making them for self defense.

What is he going to say, "Them gophers was driving me nuts, so I watched Caddyshack and starting making bombs. Seemed all good to me."

I personally think responsible, reasonable people should be able to possess explosives, along with machine guns, grenade launchers and the like. It is your business why you have them and what you are going to do with them. But currently the govt. disagrees and we have to follow that or risk prosecution.

Last edited:
Ok here's an argument. If you think that you should be able to do anything on your property that you want especially when it comes to weapons then maybe i'll move next door and start ordering some weapons grade plutonium and make some bombs out of that. Afterall America is a free country we should be able to do whatever we want right? Comparing pipe bombs to guns is like comparing apples to me teabagging your mom. It just doesn't work. Your argument is about as flawed as Massachusetts politics.

Last edited:
As he now is. A self-employed business adult with no criminal record who is stupid enough to build pipe bombs. To our knowledge he's never hurt anyone, he's never had an accident. He's extremely safe.

Yep EXTREMELY SAFE... "One year ago, police were called to the home when Ambrose suffered a gunshot wound. He told police that he accidentally shot himself. At the time, police revoked his permit to carry a weapon. The permit does not apply to explosives. "

I got the above from the last paragraph here:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16287370/detail.html

Sorry but I have no problem with zero hour turning him in...to compair pipe bombs to firearms is just silly, to say they are the same gives the anti's a whole lot of ammo...but if you wanna play that way...well I may not like all the "rules" but I still play by them...I wanted an MG so I went through all the hassle of buying them legally instead of just doing little home "building"...wanted a grenade launcher well I bought one legally...so if this guy wanted pipe bombs he could very easily have filed a form 1 on each as a destructive device and built one...

Make sure you don't have any loose ammo in your car. If he sees it, he'll turn you in.

I suspect he understands the difference between that and manufacturing illegal explosive devices. I suspect you do as well.[wink]

You're absolutely right. We'd better take away your guns, just in case you decide to shoot someone.

Ha, seriously. A friend of mine has a lot of fireworks, some of them are pretty explosive. He's not going to bring them to school and set them off.

Your neighbors may say the same thing about the "gun nut" next door. Good thing guns aren't illegal........yet.

There is the key word "illegal"

Bottom line is making home made explosives is illegal.

I'm not sure why you feel compelled to drag out an argument here on the forum about a guy building pipe bombs in his garage and make replies like... "You're absolutely right. We'd better take away your guns, just in case you decide to shoot someone."
How does it all affect you? Was the guy a friend of yours? Do you have anything illegal at home that someone shouldn't see? If so do you hang around gun shops and brag about it?

Like I said before, I don't know the whole story, only what was reported by the news and we all know how they never leave anything out. What I do know is I don't care if it was Jim that called the cops on this guy or some old lady that lived next door.

I think you are assuming something which you have absolutely no way of knowing the truth of. There is a big difference between what is a technical violation of the law to most people and making a device that if detonated, even accidentally, can kill or injure a lot of people. I'm assuming you've seen the aftermath of unintentional bomb detonations, either in pictures or in person.

Seems like some people have no sense of proportion here.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom