Who would buy a TOMMY GUN??

I'll stick with a Boat 🛥️ 💰 🚽

Instead of (more than current) [mg]💰 🚽

It's way more expensive fun :rolleyes:
¿Por qué no los dos?

I thought you could only get full or semi auto, kind of cool they sell full semi autos now.
I’d do to the range wearing a three piece suit every time I shot it.
Don't forget the hat.
Matching tie and hanky.
88986e501ff618d3c2bae739b32cb231.jpg

Am I missing something? What the hell is a full semi auto ? Anyway, MGs are easy to price. Roughly: 1985 dealer x 10= current price. 1985 retail X 10=current price. Your results can vary. Jack.
A full semi auto is like a semi auto revolver. You pay for it with cash, it's like money :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I’ve shot a full auto one (Jack’s. Thanks again Jack!) and after that the semi auto ones just aren’t the same. Not saying I wouldn’t own one but I’d probably end up bump firing it every time I went to the range. ;)

Bumping an old thread because I went ahead and bought one. Yes of course I had to bump fire it but it's actually more fun to shoot it like it's supposed to be fired. Was ringing 10" steel at 75 yards with ease (holding high).
So the plan is to SBR it and maybe refinish it in a distressed Dulite patina sort of finish.
I understand the foregrip and its mount should be replaced when the 10.5" barrel goes on, otherwise it'll look stupid with a large gap under the barrel.
The wait on the form 1 begins. I've never done anything NFA but I understand I'll be grayer in the hair by the time it's approved.

Also R.I.P. Jack,
Thanks for all the great times at Monadnock. (And for fueling my obsession with the Thompson of course)

Bumping an old thread because I went ahead and bought one. Yes of course I had to bump fire it but it's actually more fun to shoot it like it's supposed to be fired. Was ringing 10" steel at 75 yards with ease (holding high).
So the plan is to SBR it and maybe refinish it in a distressed Dulite patina sort of finish.
I understand the foregrip and its mount should be replaced when the 10.5" barrel goes on, otherwise it'll look stupid with a large gap under the barrel.
The wait on the form 1 begins. I've never done anything NFA but I understand I'll be grayer in the hair by the time it's approved.

Also R.I.P. Jack,
Thanks for all the great times at Monadnock. (And for fueling my obsession with the Thompson of course)
I SBR’ed mine and love It. I found the correct fore grip at Numrich Gun Parts and I put on an oversized cocking handle but have since gone back the the smaller original because it looks better and after a lot of shooting it no longer needs it. It does need a lot of lube to fun flawlessly.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 55
I was going to, I was ready to spend the money, but the past few minutes of Googling tell me these kits are not sold anymore.

The gun world sucks. All the fun stuff dissapears, instead we get lame a** MLOK lever actions.
So you’re shooting the next match with an M lock lever action and speed loading tube?

F*ck you guys, now I have to SBR one.

Are you getting the barrel cut or buying a new barrel?
Which model are you buying (A1, M1)?
New 10.5" barrel from Green Mountain.
It's the M1A1 look I'm going for so I bought the model that resembles that but just has the silly ass 16" barrel. Just not right for a Thompson.

I SBR’ed mine and love It. I found the correct fore grip at Numrich Gun Parts and I put on an oversized cocking handle but have since gone back the the smaller original because it looks better and after a lot of shooting it no longer needs it. It does need a lot of lube to fun flawlessly.
Did you replace the front grip mount? The one AO uses is way too wide to accept an original M1A1 grip but it cant be removed until the barrel is off.
I picked the gun up yesterday and put 150 trouble-free rounds through it. The bolt is definitely hard as f*ck to cock and I had bought the "EZ pull" kit for it prior to getting the gun. Didn't bother to put the kit in yet because I wanted to break the gun in with its original factory parts.
I have five 30- round mags, two of which I haven't oblonged the mag catch hole on yet. I may just keep those as-is.
The plan is to send the whole gun to a Thompson-savvy 'smith to have the barrel swapped, the sharp edges de-horned and the gun refinished in whatever is as close to Dulite as possible.

Top to bottom:
AO (they're made in PA now, not Worcester. When the heck did they move out of MA?)
Umarex Legend full auto bb gun
Original M1A1 parts kit on a dummy receiver
F96DEE43-4328-4B50-9A04-18B367D4CDFA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom