Who would buy a TOMMY GUN??

That long barrel looks out of place on a Thompson. I'd look into how much work and money it would take to make it a short barreled rifle. I think the full auto barrel is about 11" long but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look.

I’ve shot a full auto one (Jack’s. Thanks again Jack!) and after that the semi auto ones just aren’t the same. Not saying I wouldn’t own one but I’d probably end up bump firing it every time I went to the range. ;)

View attachment 488075If I ever SBR it there would be no stock

then impossible to rack😂🤡

That's a 1927A5, why SBR something that's already classified as a pistol ???

Also, there were two variants of the M1 Thompson receiver, top cocking and side cocking.
Both have the horizontal forend, but the side cocking models will NOT accept drum mags, nor did they have the cooling fins on the barrel.

Last edited:
just noticed on arms list
wondering if I should get it to keep mine company

my impulsiveness is high

too late gone, phew!
guess my marriage will last a little longer

1623253224458.jpeg

Attachments

• 3F5F3AEA-A37C-4E27-AAA9-75547263191E.jpeg
    3F5F3AEA-A37C-4E27-AAA9-75547263191E.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'd like to find a case with that hard red foam insert, or one like this
Thompson_in_violin_case.jpg
Maybe a double (thick) case can be made from using two bottom pieces?

Last edited:
Also, there were two variants of the M1 Thompson receiver, top cocking and side cocking.
Both have the horizontal forend, but the side cocking models will NOT accept drum mags, nor did they have the cooling fins on the barrel.
Thanks to Khar Arms (the ones making the Thompson these days) the M1 side cocking models NOW accept a drum.
They F-ked up the Thompson.

RC

Thanks to Khar Arms (the ones making the Thompson these days) the M1 side cocking models NOW accept a drum.
They F-ked up the Thompson.

I'd call that an improvement because the new side-cockers are no longer limited to stick mags only.
But I'd rather see them engineer a bolt hold-open mechanism into the new guns, so you don't need that third-hand tool to install and remove the drum mags.

I once found a Tommy "Gun smith" online that could take your select fire lower and convert it to fit your semi upper, and use the select lever to act as a bolt-hold-open.
By the time I got a full auto lower I no longer could find that gun smith.

RC

Dan Block is the guy I was referred by then tommygunner.com when I SBR’d my 1927. Purchased a 1928 lower, sights and barrel then he took the selector and incorporated it to function as the third hand. Also recommend to install an original magazine release so you can use original magazines unaltered. All ATF approved and it works great.

Last edited:
Dan Block is the guy I was referred by then tommygunner.com when I SBR’d my 1927. Purchased a 1928 lower, sights and barrel then he took the selector and incorporated it to function as the third hand. Also recommend to install an original magazine release so you can use original magazines unaltered. All ATF approved and it works great.
I just talked to Dan Block about my Blackdog manufactured and Merle F. Bitikofer upgraded M1A1 .22lr conversion kit. Dan is going to help guide me through machining my own .22lr conversion kit for my A5, based on his Numrich kit made for Auto Ordnance he has for a baseline model. Basic components are a 10/22 barrel to machine down like the kit insert barrel liner, and a Mossberg bolt to fit in a machined aluminum bolt block. The Blackdog/Merle M1A1 kit shown below is for open bolt full auto, as is the Ciener kit.
IMG_2655a.jpg IMG_2656a.jpg IMG_2657a.jpg IMG_2658a.jpg IMG_2662a.jpg
Typical kit barrel insert is one inch short for the A5 with their "Long" front adapter for FA 10" barrel w or w/o cutts

Numrich owned 1974-1999

Last edited:
Shotgun pattern accuracy on previous Numrich 22 SA conversion kits. I'll have to measure the OD of the Merle kit barrel insert front adapters to see how tight it fits in the front end of the .45 barrel, and not just depend on an O-ring to hold it in place.

Last edited:
I once found a Tommy "Gun smith" online that could take your select fire lower and convert it to fit your semi upper, and use the select lever to act as a bolt-hold-open.
By the time I got a full auto lower I no longer could find that gun smith.

RC
Maybe Stan Andrewski (now Stan's gunsmithing) in Webster, NH. ? Does a lot FA work. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom