• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who would buy a TOMMY GUN??

Never shot one, handled one at SHOT a few years ago. Was surprised at how heavy they were. I could only imagine how heavy it is with a full drum.
My dad was a WWII armorer, and liked them, as long as they had the horizontal fore-grip, and a stick magazine. He said the vertical grips were prone to damage, and the drums would easily jam, with a tiny dent.

Heavy buggers, indeed.

Never shot one, handled one at SHOT a few years ago. Was surprised at how heavy they were. I could only imagine how heavy it is with a full drum.

Yeah, they weigh a friggin' ton!
I bought a used 1927A1 back in the mid-2000's, IIRC I paid $900 for it.
Came with a 20 and a 30 round stick mag, plus a "Mass Compliant" 10 round drum.
(yeah, I know, what a joke)
It was made in Worcester Mass, so it had to be post 1999 production, because that's when Kahr bought A/O.
BTW, the stock is NOT quick-detachable on the Kahr made guns.
I later got a few more pre-ban 30 round sticks and a 50 round drum.
The original WW2 stick mags need to be modified slightly to work in the newer guns, the locking hole needs to be slightly elongated with a Dremel, like the one seen above in post#2.
It's pretty accurate and fun to shoot, but not for long sessions, because it is so damn heavy.
Also, installing and removing the drums are a real PITA if you don't have the "Third Hand" tool, because the bolt does not have a hold-open feature.
This wasn't a problem with an original full-auto because those fired from an open bolt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom