• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Massachusetts towns have the most LTC Class A's ?

If the article really wanted to be accurate about "Which Mass. Towns Have Most Armed Residents?" they wouldn't be relying on firearms licensing data.

There are a lot of town in MA with plenty of guns and very few licenses.

Boston would definitely lead that list!

It was overall a pretty crappy report, very short on details. I'd guess that the 11PM last night had a [STRIKE]better[/STRIKE] longer report.

Speaking of bad reports, Good Morning America had Bloomberg on talking about his gun control initiatives. One of the people I work with was watching with me and I pointed out all of his lies to her. I then used it as an opportunity to educate her about MA gun laws regarding purchasing. She not anti at all and some day I'll try to get her to shoot with me and then take a firearms safety class.

What you all seem to be missing is "Team 5 Investigates Which Mass. Towns Have Most Armed Residents?"
What's there to investigate? If they want to do a regular story that's their choice, but they sensationalize it with the "Team 5 Investigates".

A better "Team 5 Investigates", as has been mentioned in this thread, "Which Mass Towns have the Most unlicensed Armed Residents?"

God help us!!

Thanks Channel 5 for your indept and unbias investigation. What a facinating newsworthy article. NOT!!

This is what I got out of it. Time we talk to our neighbors, take them shooting, get them to an NRA class, have them apply for LTC and increase the percentages!

"I think you would find it's just your average citizen that works during the day and comes home at night and just wants that added feeling of security," said Westport Police Detective Jeff Majewski.

FWIW, I like to see police using the words "personal protection" or "security" when talking about LTC holders.

The article stated that they used a population of 10,000 as a minimum requirement. Apparently those other towns don't exist. They skew the numbers too much. Can't have us looking like the wild west now.

We must realize in Boston's view towns West of 495 don't exist......west of 495 is that "pesky Republican Zone"

Thanks Channel 5 for your indept and unbias investigation. What a facinating newsworthy article. NOT!!

This is what I got out of it. Time we talk to our neighbors, take them shooting, get them to an NRA class, have them apply for LTC and increase the percentages!

I wouldn't worry about percentages....after 1998 there are plenty with guns still in the home. They just "forgot" to renew....

i think they left restricted licenses in, but i dont think this includes LTC-B's or FID's

this shouldn't be counted on to represent the true number of gun owners in each town

Maybe but IIRC There was an article a while back(during the run on gun licenses) which put the number of LTC holders at 10% statewide and growing.

they also should tell you FIDs, class B ..., all gun licenses together. I think if they did, Plympton would be close to the top.

What you all seem to be missing is "Team 5 Investigates Which Mass. Towns Have Most Armed Residents?"
What's there to investigate? If they want to do a regular story that's their choice, but they sensationalize it with the "Team 5 Investigates".

A better "Team 5 Investigates", as has been mentioned in this thread, "Which Mass Towns have the Most unlicensed Armed Residents?"

God help us!!

But, but, but, that would take work, research, and might involve going into scary inner city areas without a lot of cops around to protect them. You can't expect that from journalists, only reporters do that.

Thanks Channel 5 for your in[STRIKE]d[/STRIKE]ept and [STRIKE]un[/STRIKE]biased investigation. What a facinating newsworthy article. NOT!!

FIFY

We certainly follow the same criteria the other towns and cities follow."

It would have been nice if the "investgative team" pointed out that LTC ownership rates are more dependent on the whims of the police chiefs, rather than an individuals need, desire or interest in obtaining one.

How up to date is this list? I know a lot of people that have got there LTC in the last 2 years. Thanks Obama, you opened the eyes of a lot of people.

A friend of mine just mentioned this "report" to me. Channel 5 put two qualifiers in their story: towns over 10,000 in population and Class-A licenses. By those standards, my town is #1. [smile]

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. All those people with all those black, killy guns. [rolleyes]

I'll keep doing my part to contribute to Westport's high numbers. So many guns, so little time. [grin]

They are probably just referring to the fact that you can't have a mental disorder and get a LTC.

OK, i agree on principal, but what process checks this....

It is very simple really. They ask you what type of firearm you want and if you say "Glock" they know you have a mental disorder.[laugh]

Being a bit of a geek, I did some analysis of the data in Excel.

My town has the most licenses issued of any town under 100,000 population. Oddly enough it only turns out to be a little over 5%.

A fair number of smaller tows have double digit percentages.

Back
Top Bottom