• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Massachusetts man arrested for possessing firearms, std-cap mags without an LTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Massachusetts man charged after 7 AR-15 style rifles, 1 AK-47 rifle, 3 shotguns, 8 handguns, 23 large capacity magazines, ammo seized
According to the AG’s Office, LaPanne was arrested on February 29, 2024, as a result of a multi-agency investigation into his unlawful possession of weapons. He was arraigned the following day in Falmouth District Court on 6 counts of Possession of Assault Weapon, 14 counts of Possession of Firearm without License To Carry/Firearms Identification Card, 23 counts of Possession of Large Capacity Weapon/Feeding Device, 2 counts of Possession of a Silencer, and Possession of Ammunition without License To Carry/Firearms Identification Card.
“I am deeply proud of the work conducted by my office and our partnership with Homeland Security and other federal law enforcement agencies in this case,” said AG Campbell. “As we work to protect our residents and children, removing unlawfully possessed weapons including assault weapons and large capacity magazines off the streets will continue to be a priority for the office.”
What stands out to me is no direct mention of criminal activity that piqued the interest of DHS in the first place--murder, burglary, drugs, auto theft, human trafficking, etc. If the article is to be believed, the investigation and arrest were entirely about LaPanne's acquisition and possession of a small number of firearms and mags without a Massachusetts LTC. Operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license looks to be the pretext for the stop.

Massachusetts man charged after 7 AR-15 style rifles, 1 AK-47 rifle, 3 shotguns, 8 handguns, 23 large capacity magazines, ammo seized

What stands out to me is no direct mention of criminal activity that piqued the interest of DHS in the first place--murder, burglary, drugs, auto theft, human trafficking, etc. If the article is to be believed, the investigation and arrest were entirely about LaPanne's acquisition and possession of a small number of firearms and mags without a Massachusetts LTC. Operating a motor vehicle on a suspended license looks to be the pretext for the stop.
I believe NES already determined that this was likely kicked off by the online purchase of Chinese "solvent traps"

I was just reading this.. Is homeboy a street gang banger with a mile long rap sheet or just some dude that came from a free state with a expired license?
Sounds like a media dog and pony show. I don't feel any safer do you?

I was just reading this.. Is homeboy a street gang banger with a mile long rap sheet or just some dude that came from a free state with a expired license?
Sounds like a media dog and pony show. I don't feel any safer do you?
I feel safer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom