• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hi Cap Mags for Browning High Power aluminum followers

Rhloew

NES Member
I recently bought a "T" series BHP on GB and it dates to 1969 (came w/ original receipt). It included 3 mags, all 13 rd capacity. 2 of the mags had aluminum followers. My understanding is that this dates those mags to far earlier then the 9/94 cut off date for Mass Hi cap mags legality. I've been unable to find anything definitive on the dating, however. no markings on the mags that I can see. Can anyone help me on this that would stand up legally should the occasion ever require?
Thanks in advance,
Bob Loewenthal

Why on earth would anyone ever start this thread?

You have a 1969 pistol. You have mags you got with that pistol. Use the mags and the state can go f*** itself.

The people who infringe on your rights want you to comply. So... why would you comply? They're in the wrong, not you.

And yes, before you whine that it's "easier said than done," I have three BHPs (or clones), and they all use standard-cap mags, and I carry them that way, and none have dates on them. And I don't GAF when they were made.

Back
Top Bottom