What is your "Long Range" Rifle Platform?

Yeah, I just looked at their website and the photos… what little they had. which isn’t much when did they put in 1000 yard range?

That’s why I don’t know about it. I haven’t been a member in over 10 years.

It was one of the few places that would let me have fun with my toys

Serious question…

If I was to “transition” my .308 M5 Areo upper into 6.5 man bun, it’s just a barrel swap, right?

I can’t think of any other changes needed.

Earned my Rifleman patch at Harvard many years ago shooting an AR specifically set up for High Power. Almost didn’t make it as the guy next to me was also shooting an AR but an M4 clone with a break. That break kept sending the recoil into me and made me flinch several times. Worked through it but it was tough shooting.
There are always some ARs of some kind at Appleseed. Yeah, the 16in ones suck.

My old school high power gun would be a great appleseed gun except for the ammo cost. It's a 20 inch A2 style gun with a free floated heavy barrel under the plastic hand guards and an A2 style stock. It's got national match sights with a tiny aperture that works really great.

About 10 years ago I took the advanced precision rifle class at Sig. Sig likes to donate classes to wounded veterans. In my class was a marine corps scout sniper who had lost a leg in Afghanistan. He was shooting an. AI rifle in 300 Win Mag with a brake. Every time he pulled the trigger, he blew crap all over evryone within a 10 foot radius. Ha.

Serious question…

If I was to “transition” my .308 M5 Areo upper into 6.5 man bun, it’s just a barrel swap, right?

You’ll likely want a high pressure bolt too. They just have a smaller firing pin hole.

Awesome, I bet you can make it work. Can’t wait to see this

Well, the wife came out and said she wants to move to a bigger house. Fun gun projects are going to have to be on hold. Womp womp.

You’ll likely want a high pressure bolt too. They just have a smaller firing pin hole.

Well, the wife came out and said she wants to move to a bigger house. Fun gun projects are going to have to be on hold. Womp womp.

this is not the way. Smaller house with a bigger barn/garage or a shooting shack is the way.

Not as bad but the wife came out of the bathroom this morning and stated we need to revamp the stand up shower. She’s always hated the beige color and is now fed up with it. Time for a new one I guess. Boooooo

Serious question…

Buy a dedicated upper.
Join the club.
Forget about FUDD 308.
Embrace the jealousy others will feel towards you.

Buy a dedicated upper.
Join the club.
Forget about FUDD 308.
Embrace the jealousy others will feel towards you.
After my dedicated upper for the 308 went poorly, figured I’d just swap it (just the barrel) and prob come close to break even on the barrel.

Serious question…

Barrel swap and estrogen therapy. [devil]

The high pressure bolt is optional but I went ahead and used a JP BCG with a high pressure bolt. HP bolt for my 6 ARC too.

Not as bad but the wife came out of the bathroom this morning and stated we need to revamp the stand up shower. She’s always hated the beige color and is now fed up with it. Time for a new one I guess. Boooooo

I call first right of refusal on any guns you need to sell for that!

Barrel swap and estrogen therapy. [devil]

The high pressure bolt is optional but I went ahead and used a JP BCG with a high pressure bolt. HP bolt for my 6 ARC too.
Really? A M5 BCG might not be ideal?

I have a full aero upper and bcg from the .308 build.

If so, just the tip (bolt only)?

After my dedicated upper for the 308 went poorly, figured I’d just swap it (just the barrel) and prob come close to break even on the barrel.

Look at it as the price you paid for accuracy.
The barrel wasn't that expensive. These things happen.

Get a dedicated upper and you can swap whenever you want. You can be trans caliber.

Look at it as the price you paid for accuracy.
The barrel wasn't that expensive. These things happen.

Get a dedicated upper and you can swap whenever you want. You can be trans caliber.
I payed $525 for the .308 upper, then $200 for a good barrel.

So $725

I don’t want to repeat that. And I’ll probably stick with man bun.

So, I’m trying to be mono caliber (is that a thing?)

I no longer trust aero. Parts. Sure, loweres sure, barrels. F’ no.

You saw how that went.

I payed $525 for the .308 upper, then $200 for a good barrel.

So $725

I don’t want to repeat that. And I’ll probably stick with man bun.

So, I’m trying to be mono caliber (is that a thing?)

I no longer trust aero. Parts. Sure, loweres sure, barrels. F’ no.

You saw how that went.
What happened with the barrel? I have an aero 308

What happened with the barrel? I have an aero 308

Absolutely horrible groups.

Our resident sniper can confirm.

New barrel was 1/2 moa vs 4-5 moa (ish)

Absolutely horrible groups.

Our resident sniper can confirm.

New barrel was 1/2 moa vs 4-5 moa (ish)

I was getting frustrated with mine, but I thought it was me. Maybe it is the barrel after all...

We need a range day where someone else can try it and tell me if its me or my rifle

I was getting frustrated with mine, but I thought it was me. Maybe it is the barrel after all...

We need a range day where someone else can try it and tell me if its me or my rifle
Come to Copicut with us, we can shoot 100, 200 and 300.

We can also go to Reading and shoot out to 600.

Really? A M5 BCG might not be ideal?

I have a full aero upper and bcg from the .308 build.

If so, just the tip (bolt only)?

No worries with the M5 carrier. Just the tip should suffice. But you don’t need to drop $200 on a JP bolt. I know Toolcraft makes HP AR10 BCGs. Maybe they sell the bolts independently.

In.

Seriously

I was like wtf? It can’t be me? I’m not that bad. I gave Broc the gun, he confirmed it was not me.

Just a shit barrel.

So yeah, let’s take it out and see how it goes?

I’m thinking aero barrels have some serious QC issues

Back
Top Bottom