What is your answer to this...

doobie

Banned
...Why do we have to register ourselves to get permission and pay for a [ccw] permit to save our lives (and in some states go to jail or at least be arrested and hassled)?

Because it makes some a**h***s in government "feel good" that those carrying guns are being "cataloged" or some crap, isn't much more than that.

Some a**h***s went "bweah! people who conceal guns should be KNOWN to the government! bweah!" and that was the end of that. Those people and the "pant shitters" that generally banned automatic knives probably share the same genetic material. [puke]

Strange how this isn't an issue in places like Alaska and Vermont, and neither state has all the "chaos and mayhem" and "shootouts at the OK corral" that all the antis seem to think will occur, if heaven forbid, someone carries a gun without filling out a bunch of paperwork and paying fees. [rolleyes]

-Mike

No reason. They're the Government and can do anything they want without accountability or fear of repercussions. That's what happens when the the Corporate Management Model gets transferred into government.

Because we let the activist boil the frog and the frog waited too long before he tried to jump out of the boiling water.

...Why do we have to register ourselves to get permission and pay for a [ccw] permit to save our lives (and in some states go to jail or at least be arrested and hassled)?

Because the modern interpretation of the entire Constitution is that it is merely a list of "suggestions".

That is all.

“We really discourage people from self help”-- Massachusetts DA Martha Coakley[angry]

Look at it this way, if you protect yourself, the .gov doesn't get to through a huge 'pat yourself on the back' ceremony when they catch the perp a year latter. Heaven forbid they miss a good press opportunity.[thinking]

In all seriousness, guns have really but one practical purpose: Shooting things.

Sometimes those things are paper targets.
Sometimes those things are animals.
Sometimes those things are people.

From a safety standpoint and from a crime prevention/control standpoint, I don't really have a big issue with the permitting process or with the gun registration process. I have a problem with the control of access to licenses and firearms.

If they were giving the licenses out like lollipops at the doctor's office and there was no such thing as an "approved firearms roster", I would be totally okay with it.

Licensing ensures people went through proper safety training with firearms. No problem for me.

Gun registration helps police figure out if someone used a weapon illegally. Should never be a problem if you use your guns legally.

Licensing ensures people went through proper safety training with firearms. No problem for me.

Gun registration helps police figure out if someone used a weapon illegally. Should never be a problem if you use your guns legally.

Carl Brutananadilewsk: (In referring to the laser security system on his house)

"Here it comes, wait for it......"
PZAT! BANG! BOOM!

(laser is deployed and blows up an innertube left by meatwad in his front yard, near the laser curtain area. )

I'm being gentle... you might want to review those statements a few times, and reconsider them. Others likely will not be as polite. To sum it up- licensing, permitting, and gun registration are nothing but government sanctioned gateways to abuse. Look at them long enough and you'll quickly realize their only real use is to incrementally violate your rights.

-Mike

Because the modern interpretation of the entire Constitution is that it is merely a list of "suggestions".
Constitiution1.jpg

“We really discourage people from self help”-- Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley[angry]
Fixed that for you.
In all seriousness, guns have really but one practical purpose: Shooting things.

Sometimes those things are paper targets.
Sometimes those things are animals.
Sometimes those things are people.

From a safety standpoint and from a crime prevention/control standpoint, I don't really have a big issue with the permitting process or with the gun registration process. I have a problem with the control of access to licenses and firearms.

If they were giving the licenses out like lollipops at the doctor's office and there was no such thing as an "approved firearms roster", I would be totally okay with it.

aw_jeez.jpg

Damn, where the HELL are all these sheep coming from?
sheep.gif

Look, Bassturd, it's real simple: gun registration and licensing exist for ONE reason and one reason only: so that the government knows where to come and steal the guns when they decide that they are afraid of or do not trust the owner. Period.

Since they CANNOT know ahead of time who will misuse a gun, the permitting procedure is a joke - and a bad one, at that. If there is a person that we cannot trust with a gun, then THROW THE BASTARD IN JAIL and keep him there until we CAN trust him, or kill him. If you're 100%-no-foolin'-sure that he's the guilty party, that is. (I have other issues with the death penalty that we don't need to go into here)

Since the Gov is NOT prescient and cannot tell the future, it then follows that of those two reasons, the only REAL reason for gun registration is to know where to go when they decide to confiscate them. (see NYC, New Orleans, New Jersey, etc for proof of this.)

You seriously need to learn more about how our government fears the armed citizen before spouting off in public like that.

because they are anti freedom socalists, im sure if they could get the votes to make a permit for free speech they would. they only reason they want to register guns and make permits is so when it comes time to disarm us they have a paper trail to follow.... just like the nazis did.

Because Lee made the mistake of invading Pennsylvania.

Because Johnston and Beauregard made the mistake of not giving Jackson the order he was waiting and prepared to execute, to take Washington after First Manassas.

And 42 was the answer to a totally different question, i.e. THE Question. Give enough money for the computer system I want and I'll explain it all to you.

Ken

Last edited:
“We really discourage people from self help”-- Massachusetts DA Martha Coakley[angry]

Look at it this way, if you protect yourself, the .gov doesn't get to through a huge 'pat yourself on the back' ceremony when they catch the perp a year latter. Heaven forbid they miss a good press opportunity.[thinking]

Our program is catch and release here in MA[sad] We are big Bass Boat fanatics. We want to make sure they grow to be bigger criminals!

Back
Top Bottom