What do you shoot???

HDPE pipe

I have an assortment of 2 to 6 inch offcuts that are are a blast to plink with. HDPE is high density polyethelene it is NOT PVC. It does not shatter is not brittle and is self healing to an extent. An 8 inch piece of 6 inch pipe is awesome fun, try to walk it out from 10 to 50 yrds, you don't hit it square it will turn on you, or if you hit too low it isn't going anywhere. No set up time and when you are done, easy to pick up, as it stays intact. Use the 2 inch pieces at 100 for the rifle and they are easy to walk around the bank. Cheap easy and no mess.

An 8 inch piece of 6 inch pipe is awesome fun, try to walk it out from 10 to 50 yrds, you don't hit it square it will turn on you, or if you hit too low it isn't going anywhere. No set up time and when you are done, easy to pick up, as it stays intact.

This is dangerous at most ranges. Rounds will skip off the ground and potentially over the backstop.

Every Sunday is a shootin day for me. USPSA, steel plates, bowling pins, tac rifle and three-gun when I can find 'em, bowling pins with rifle. I love to run-n-gun. Its such a blast!

Paper Plates
Steel Spinners
Fruit
Bottles
My second favorite thing to shoot is full cans of Whipped Cream
And my favorite things to plink are...
rats3.jpg

These guys. Endless supply of them around and less of them around to reak havoc on the farm.

Paper Plates
Steel Spinners
Fruit
Bottles
My second favorite thing to shoot is full cans of Whipped Cream
And my favorite things to plink are...
rats3.jpg

These guys. Endless supply of them around and less of them around to reak havoc on the farm.

Dairy farmers back in PA will always let you wonder around and shoot the pigeons. Damn things crap everywhere and contaminate feed and such.
You just have to be real carefull about raining shot on the herds or into water tanks.
Great sport and the best way to tune up for bird season.
We visit one neighbor and his old Russian grandmother, 85+ and she STILL milks cattle!, follows us to pick up the dead birds for cooking.

Dairy farmers back in PA will always let you wonder around and shoot the pigeons. Damn things crap everywhere and contaminate feed and such.
You just have to be real carefull about raining shot on the herds or into water tanks.
Great sport and the best way to tune up for bird season.
We visit one neighbor and his old Russian grandmother, 85+ and she STILL milks cattle!, follows us to pick up the dead birds for cooking.

That pic is going to give me nightmares... [sad]

That pic is going to give me nightmares... [sad]

Hey, the woman survived the Russian Revolution, survived Stalin and leaves nothing to waste. She's seen stuff that would have killed 9 out of 10 of us.
Our friend has eaten it all his life, these days it's just to make Grandmom happy, and says it isn't so bad. It's a stew with big dumpling like noodles.
Just made with pigeon.

Back
Top Bottom