• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you shoot???

Seriously. Not what guns/equipment but what do you shoot at? I do mostly IDPA/USPSA and when I'm not shooting matches I practice for this. I also do steel once in a while.

Since many on this forum do lots of shooting I was wondering what kind of shooting you do? And what are your goals if any? Training? Bulleye? Tinkering? Car shoots? Hunting?

I put holes in paper and cardboard. Sometime when outdoors, very rarely; fruit, cans, small veggies - its satisfying to watch them 'splode.

Primary occupation is killing bowling pins and steel plates. Sometimes I just go to the range for the hell of it, or go to NES shoots.

-Mike

Steel, well maybe a little bear hunting too...[smile]

P1020755.jpg

Primarily IDPA and defensive training with some appleseed thrown in. I'm planning to shoot some bullseye over the winter. Every once in a while I shoot trap or sporting clays.

I've been shooting for just over 1 year. I started off with a some defensive handgun training from NEShooters. I shot .22 Bulleye over the winter which has really improved my trigger control. I've shot Appleseed and recently started shooting IDPA. One of these days I'll get around to trap and sporting clays. I'll probably give USPSA a try once I get settled in with IDPA. I guess my goals are to become a more proficient self defense oriented shooter and have fun.

I train for proficiency with pistol. The usual target: paper plates.

I train for proficiency with a rifle. The usual target: one inch squares, compliments of my office printer.

I've shot IDPA a few times, loved it, but just haven't been able to fit it into my schedule.

I go to Appleseed shoots when ever I can, and just became an instructor.

And for shits and giggles, bowling pins are my favorite "fun" target. Well, when cars aren't available.

I shoot USPSA every chance I get.
Started shooting again last year, knockdown steel and bullseye, after more than 35 years (was college really that long ago?).
Since I found USPSA, I can't get enough.
I've shot IDPA once, not fond of the concealment garment, low light and mag change rules. Maybe I just need to shoot that discipline more.
I also really enjoy metallic silhouette. If you really want to know how good you are with a pistol, you gotta play that game. Rams at 100 meters with a pistol and open sights but there is a place for almost anything in your safe.

IDPA cardboard with IDPA paper targets glued on. Most of my targets are a couple layers deep now and most of the cardboard is gone. [smile]

I started shooting ten years ago. I started with skeet and sporting clays. The became a bird hunter, concentrating mostly on waterfowl. a year or so later I got a hunting rifle (Howa 1500) and killed a few deer with it. Then in 2003 I bought a National Match AR15 and went into NRA Highpower. I shot that hard until last year when burnout and time demands took their toll. Now I shoot smallbore and fullbore prone just a couple of times a year.

I have been slowly building up myu handgun collection, mostly revolvers. A couple of years ago Ohio got in the CCW game so I got licensed and started carrying. That led me to more training and eventually to pistol sports, mostly IDPA.

I have a affinity for filling various jugs up with water then blowing the hell out of them. I also just love shooting random shit.[grin]

I shoot bullseye when sighting in.

Last edited:
I shoot it all! USPSA/IPSC, IDPA once in a while. My rifles whenever I can. Trap/Skeet/Sporting clays most weeks.

All shootin' is good shootin'.

Plates, paper, and gnats. I shoot to the beat of my own drummer. No leagues required.

Used to love IPSC but sadly don't have the time for it now.

Paper Targets mostly

IDPA targets when available
Clays and Golf Balls placed on a 100 yard berm occationally

Free targets that i get from http://www.targetz.com/. I work at a college and I can use the library printers to print an unlimited amount. Therefore it is totally free for me. But, that website is great they have many different targets even one for shotgun patterning.

Paper targets, USPSA targets, water bottles (if you hit them right they explode nicely), motherboards, etc..., if it's downrange, not living, not otherwise prohibited, and won't leave debris, I'll shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom