• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What’s your Occupation?

I work at an academic biotech lab in Kendall Square. I'd agree with on that.

Nice to know I'm not the only one out there! Once had someone get weird on me when thy saw I had a 2" pocket knife.

JayL - come over to the dark side of science: Medical Devices!

We use some for our newest product - maybe not the dark side exatly, but into the shade anyway!

Certified Disaster Recovery Professional - IT Data Center recovery... Recently laid-off. More time to shoot now!!!

I'm surprised by the number of biotech/med device people here. I'm in the same boat..

KilgoreTrout
Hiltonizer
JayL
Mrs. Supermoto
M1911

Any interest in setting up a NES Bio/Pharma/Device Group... If so, PM me and I'll set it up.

I'm surprised by the number of biotech/med device people here. I'm in the same boat..

KilgoreTrout
Hiltonizer
JayL
Mrs. Supermoto
M1911

Any interest in setting up a NES Bio/Pharma/Device Group... If so, PM me and I'll set it up.
I'm just wondering how many of you work at 1 Kendall Square? I used to maintain the phone system for a lot of those companies (up until late summer '05), so I was in and out of most of the companies in 1 Kendall Square for a few years.

I don't work at OKS, but I am just a couple blocks away. There are lots of biotech labs in the area other than at OKS, including:

- several on Sydney Street -- Millennium and Aveo near Mass Ave, Vertex down the street.
- on Mem Drive, Infinity in the old Polaroid building and Pfizer near the BU bridge.
- Novartis on Mass Ave and also Tech Square
- Genzyme has their new building next to the Athenaem and also space in Cambridge Center.
- several at Cambridge Center including Broad Institute, the new Koch Institute (MIT cancer center) building their new building right across the street, and Biogen Idec.

I'm sure I'm missing dozens more in Cambridge alone.

There is another big concentration of biotech labs in the Longwood medical center area, and the usual suspects out near 128 (Astra Zeneca, Cubist, etc.).

I'm just wondering how many of you work at 1 Kendall Square? I used to maintain the phone system for a lot of those companies (up until late summer '05), so I was in and out of most of the companies in 1 Kendall Square for a few years.

I'm in OKS. [wink]

I use Boston Wireless for phones. Good crew over there.

Alot of members work in the Kendall Sq. area. I been at the Power Plant on First St.for 30 years now and my wife at D.O.T on Broadway for 42 years.

Back
Top Bottom