What’s your Occupation?

NES Member
I was wondering what everyone did for work. Maybe people can find new business, or help each other out.

I work in sheet metal. I Build 3-d models on computers (CAD) and tell machines (ROBOTS) how to make them using lasers and punch press. I also run these machines.

Due to health reasons - temporarily unemployed, however before having to quit for hand surgeries, I was (and still am I guess) a Tailor. (that was the latest job anyway :D )

Computer Hardware/Network Guy, I run the computer science maint group
at Umass Amherst. I end up doing most everything, have 2 guys who work for me.

Lynne said:
Due to health reasons - temporarily unemployed, however before having to quit for hand surgeries, I was (and still am I guess) a Tailor. (that was the latest job anyway :D )

"My mother, she was a Tailor,
She sewed my new blue jeans."

TonyD said:
Lynne said:

"My mother, she was a Tailor,
She sewed my new blue jeans."

Wrong thread. [lol] House of the Rising Sun. Used to sing it in the old days when I did my nightclub stint with a band. :D

Service Manager- Electrical Company in Burlington, MA

I also do alot on the web, website consultation, p.c. setup/installation or repair, networking.

Lynne said:
Moderator said:
Wrong thread. [lol] House of the Rising Sun. Used to sing it in the old days when I did my nightclub stint with a band. :D

Musician? what did ya do?

Not much of one, hun. I sang and played a mean tamborine. [lol]

You might not believe it but I can get down on the cowbell [lol]

Moderator said:
Lynne said:
Moderator said:

Go baby!! [lol]

Lynne said:
Moderator said:
Lynne said:
Moderator said:

Go baby!! [lol]

Now where's that SNL clip with the cowbell?? :D

I'm a system admin; unix, linux, oracle etc. A small shop so I'm a jack of all trades/ master of none. Still learning as I go.

CD

Telecom technician here - and looking for another position.

I truly dislike the person I'm working for, so if anyone knows of a position for an experienced Norte tech, or telecom administrator or manager (I've done both of those in the past), let me know, OK?

Moderator said:
cdkayak,
I got a feva, and the only prescription is more cowbell

I'm looking for it. :D It may have been archived or deleted several months back, but there is hope.

Tony,

Now that sounds like a damn good job. I'd probably go for DBT (distilled beverage taster) for myself these days, specifically some nice single malts.

CD

Facilities Manager/Database Programmer/Oracle for a software company.

Brent does our client DB installs.

If it uses electricity Brent and I fix it.

derek said:
Facilities Manager/Database Programmer/Oracle for a software company.

Brent does our client DB installs.

If it uses electricity Brent and I fix it.

I thought you guys used the battery operated ones.

[twisted]

Wow, a lot of PC/Admin guys here.

I do PC/LAN/WAN support for a pretty big company. We're on a client site. I'm an Admin Assoc over five sites. One here in Hingham, one in Biddeford, Maine. Two in Northern Calif (Chico and Marysville) and one in LA.

But I just put in an App with the Pittsburg Pirates, and I've been talking with the Head of IT for the Sox, which is really where I'm wanting to work. But the Sox is ran like a really small business, so I'm just waiting. Only three people do the whole IT department.

Anyway, it's pretty cool to see all the IT people on here.

Geeks with Guns. We should start our own website.

Sr. Systems Administrator for the worlds largest computer security company. I work in a development site where we design the firewall systems that most all government agency's use to protect their systems. I am responsible for all the servers, network switches, telco systems etc.

More often than not I am an anger outlet for insecure middle management! :D

Adam

Right.....nice try.

Who sent you here!
Who do you work for!
You'll get NOTHING from me!
You hear me, you bastards? NOTHING!!!!!

Kidding. MIL-QA Auditor/Inspector/Technical Writer :D

Back
Top Bottom