Weymouth Sports CLub threatening to have LTCs revoked for people shooting right now

If you read it closely he says the club can contact the town and you lose your license, not that they necessarily would. A truly shitty threat to make no doubt, but at 77 he probably doesn’t know how to work the video playback thingy and is hoping for people to surrender. I’ll wait to hang him until I hear that he actually makes that call.

Nope, still a completely unacceptable threat, regardless of intent to execute it.

This just proves the retardo population in this state. And we wonder why we get a**h*** politicians, we have a**h*** people. Even at gun clubs...ratting out your own. Typical MA Sheep fxcks!

Hope 99 percent of that club members quit and they are left with 10 sheep fudds and no money.

Nope, still a completely unacceptable threat, regardless of intent to execute it.

Agreed, I’m just pointing out that it’s hopefully just a bluff. Dick Striano can still FOAD.

I grew up in Weymouth and the only reason I knew the tiny little club was back there was because my friend’s father was a member. He would be about Dick’s age by now, and I had the impression that the bulk of the membership at the club was from that generation. Think the old guys from Hunter’s trading post. It sounds like that generation is still calling the shots, so who knows if the club will be around in 10 years. They also have no rifle range if I’m not mistaken. It’s all pretty Fuddy.

This just proves the retardo population in this state. And we wonder why we get a**h*** politicians, we have a**h*** people. Even at gun clubs...ratting out your own. Typical MA Sheep fxcks!

Hope 99 percent of that club members quit and they are left with 10 sheep fudds and no money.
I don't. I hope that 99% present new BOD and officer candidates, replacing those 10 sheep Fudds, and produce a club that's worth belonging to.

It's fun to be an internet hardo, but draining a club only leaves us all with fewer places to shoot. As limited as land is here, if everyone all takes their toys and goes home, Harvard and Hopkinton will be the only clubs in Eastern MA.

1588766045883.png

THAT is how the antis win.

Massachusetts gun clubs have lots of anti gun people. They are usually the ones that don't shoot much and are more likely to be on a public payroll/pension, or highly educated.

Last edited:
Threatening to take away people’s guns while not being a part of the gang (they call themselves “police” in case you haven’t been paying attention) that does so under the cover of law...

c164063673c06376b71f1900529005eec817787066405f4de40788c1d2460058.jpg

They talked about bringing cameras into our club and you can bet that I will be bringing this bullshit to the table next time some idiot mentions it.
It depends on how they are used. We used them at Hopkinton a while ago to reunite a member with an item left at the range.

Years ago, Mass Rifle used theirs to identify an off duty police officer stealing a handgun from another member (really).

Not cutting the guy any slack. There are a dozen ways to handle the situation better.

A lot of you are big talkers on something like this. As someone who has spent years running a program and on the board of a club I can tell you it is a thankless job and a lot of people have no idea how much work is involved and the legal obligations and liabilities. Every club in the state has had to deal with this issue and I say with confidence very few boards made a unanimous decision. Once the decision has been made there absolutely will be a$$hat members who decide to go against it an do what they want regardless of the consequences. Due to this if you want to be safe the only solution is to shutoff the fobs so people can't enter the premises. No doubt an unpopular decision but one that has to be made.

As far as harassing the guy by calling and texting, I personally disagree with that. If you are club member go to town else I wouldn't. Besides if the guy is willing to turn in his own club members what makes you think he isn't going to start complaining that he is being harassed. Just my thoughts, do as you wish.

I’m a member and I have to say that I like the Club, they have sent multiple messages that the Club is closed and have a notice posted on the front door if I remember right. Nice facility and the range is almost always empty.

It is a little Fuddy, got some grief for using my AMT Automag III since .30 carbine is a “Rifle” caliber, told them that out of a 6” pistol it has the same energy as a .357 magnum... they didn’t listen, said it was to noisy... it is loud. The reason I think they didn’t disable the key fobs is many members have a locker there and I think they wanted us to still have access if we needed it.

Our club specifically does not let you shoot .30 Carbine on any pistol ranges. Our rules say No rifle calibers on any pistol range, But for some reason we have to specifically say NO .30 Carbine because some people just can't follow the rules.

It's pretty simple Pistol calibers, pistol range. Rifle caliber, Rifle range. You can shoot .22's on either range and you can shoot pistols and shotguns on the rifle range.

They talked about bringing cameras into our club and you can bet that I will be bringing this bullshit to the table next time some idiot mentions it.

Cameras can also be used for positive things.

We had someone actually run into one of our buildings with a car and then leave. We used a camera to identify the vehicle and owner. We've had people shoot walls, ceilings and benches on the indoor range and we used camera footage, we've had non-members using the outdoor ranges and the list goes on.

Security cameras are good if they are not abused.

As far as the specific circumstance you mention, if the club has been closed and the members are still using the club then they deserve to be identified and spoken with. You don't have to do it publicly but it needs to be done. They are being douche bags. If they disagree with the decision then they should work the members, board and officers for a change or leave the club.

We have security cameras, they have a 7 day record before the overwrite themselves. If nobody notices anything suspect in 7 days we will know nothing about it. They are not monitored for any other reason.

We have only looked at them for one offence and that was shooting at walls on the indoor range. I will say, we have a pretty responsible membership.

I can tell you it is a thankless job and a lot of people have no idea how much work is involve
Like I mentioned in another thread, the turd stops at the president's desk when it's time to unplug the toilet.
Due to this if you want to be safe the only solution is to shutoff the fobs so people can't enter the premises.
Email notices don't always reach the intended recipient. Not all members check the club website and/or Facebook page. Card keys/fobs can be disabled remotely but it can take time to stop by the club and put up a sign that may or may not survive wind and rain. The club can also update its email list by contacting members who try to use the disabled readers and getting the current information.
They are not monitored for any other reason.
Hopkinton uses the cameras to see if the snowplow has visited.

Last edited:
I would immediately stop giving these people any money and find a new club. Threatening gun owners right to have a gun? Especially right now, scum of the earth.

Ratting out fellow gun owners? Really, Mass? Really?

Bolded section answered your own question. I've been guilty of mASSifying 2A. Hell, I almost died when I went to MO last year. Very very very different view of gun culture out there. It was very strange to me. Awesome, but strange.

Give the guy a little slack - chances are he was angry when he wrote it and was not fully cognizant as to the import of his diatribe. Time for him to either apologize or double down as he feels appropriate.

I agree, BUT. . . . you speak for the club. That comes with a special set of cautions. He probably did NOT do this on his own but in conference with the BOD.

Clubs need to push back. We did at Shirley and the ranges are open.

This guy is a disgrace to gun owners. If someone runs against him, I'll join just to vote.

It's one thing to do what you think is best to protect the Club (however weak that may be) and it's even within their rights to revoke memberships - Their club, their rules.

But to intentionally ruin someone's life is another matter. What a piece of shit.

Just remember - Chaaaahleee opened florists and car dealerships yesterday. Becuase. . . . um, why again??? 2A rights - nah brah. Flowers and a new Lexus for Mommy during the COVfefe - absolutely positively necessary. (I wonder if Judge Woodwhatshisname took note of that one while drinking his morning coffee this AM.)

Like I mentioned in the final thread, the turd stops at the president's desk when it's time to unplug the toilet.

Wait. You have a plug-in toilet???

Back
Top Bottom