Weymouth Sports CLub threatening to have LTCs revoked for people shooting right now

did they notify membership via email? did they post signs at the club? if not both, i would think management screwed up.

not everyone is tuned into their range.

pay dues and use the range. i've seen people show up to shoot during a work party, not aware it was scheduled.

some people just pay the non-work party assessment.

nothing against it if that's their choice.

just saying people have lives, maybe they didn't know about the range closure

I am so done with clubs...

I've never begged to shoot at a range, follow their rules, pay their over-priced dues, and then be told "Sorry... the flu"
and I'm not going to start now...

Just my opinion, but if you're at a top-tier club with great leadership (e.g. Hopkinton) the dues are a great value. However it sounds like Weymouth is not one of those clubs.

I am so done with clubs...

I've never begged to shoot at a range, follow their rules, pay their over-priced dues, and then be told "Sorry... the flu"
and I'm not going to start now...

Condos as far as the eye can see...

JHC, you're at it again! Haven't we been through this already today wrt you being done with clubs? It's deja vu all over again (oh sh*t, don't let Rob read this or he'll blast me with another oxymoron alert). [laugh]

Yeah, it's off my chest now. Sometimes you just have to repeat yourself, for your own benefit...

Give the guy a little slack - chances are he was angry when he wrote it and was not fully cognizant as to the import of his diatribe. Time for him to either apologize or double down as he feels appropriate.
Nope. He's a professional and said it out in the open. If he wanted any clarification on that statement, he would've done so by now. If you're claiming that he is not fully cognizant, then he should step down and be replaced.

That 749 number is probably a Hingham landline.

It is, but if you go to the club page, there is another number listed for him that is a cell number, plus his Yahoo email address

the 749 did kick back as a Land Line

Nope. He's a professional and said it out in the open. If he wanted any clarification on that statement, he would've done so by now. If you're claiming that he is not fully cognizant, then he should step down and be replaced.

"The lips speak what the heart feels"...

If you read it closely he says the club can contact the town and you lose your license, not that they necessarily would. A truly shitty threat to make no doubt, but at 77 he probably doesn’t know how to work the video playback thingy and is hoping for people to surrender. I’ll wait to hang him until I hear that he actually makes that call.

Reading the OP again. Playing devil's advocate. Could this be that he was approached by the PD and this is his way of saving face and the club from trouble? He has no intention of turning anyone in?

The leadership at every club is doing what it thinks is best to survive. Not all are faced with the same circumstances - some are highly regarded by the town and recognized as a community assets; others are barely tolerated and the local officials would jump at the chance to mis-interpret a regulation to shut them down. Just because one club is in a position to take a stand (either situationally or financially) does not mean that clubs making a different decision are inferior.
(oh sh*t, don't let Rob read this or he'll blast me with another oxymoron alert). [laugh]
Actually, that one would rate a department of redundancy department department alert.

If you read it closely he says the club can contact the town and you lose your license, not that they necessarily would. A truly shitty threat to make no doubt, but at 77 he probably doesn’t know how to work the video playback thingy and is hoping for people to surrender. I’ll wait to hang him until I hear that he actually makes that call.

This is literally the worst time for Mass gun owners in a long ass time, and this is how he responds. Not "hey guys, don't do that, we might get in trouble." Or threaten to revoke memberships. Or deal with the individuals 1-on-1 or call them before the board.

He literally threatens people with prohibited person status (edit: within Mass).

F*ck him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is literally the worst time for Mass gun owners in a long ass time, and this is how he responds. Not "hey guys, don't do that, we might get in trouble." Or threaten to revoke memberships. Or deal with the individuals 1-on-1 or call them before the board.

He literally threatens people with prohibited person status.

F*ck him.

I agree the guy is a stupid c***, however, it's worth noting that a suitability revocation/suspension would not make you a prohibited person., although to a die hard ma**h*** that has no intention of leaving, it's almost the same thing.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom