Weymouth Sports CLub threatening to have LTCs revoked for people shooting right now

I doubt if they would have followed through with reporting to the licencing authority. I know of another club that tells new members at orientation that bad behavior could be reported to the police. They never have, it's sort of an idle threat.
Bad behaviour is very broad. Can you define bad behaviour?

If a club threatens with calling the cops for any bad behavior (such as loading 6 rounds when the rule is 5, or shooting 2 rounds per second when the rule is one every two seconds), then I would tell them to f*ck off.

Here's a related story of liability for someone doing what Stiano is threatening.

When I joined Ames, the president bragged to me that a member violated some rule and was thrown out of the club. The president told me that he notified the issuing chief and suggested that the person's LTC be pulled. Said chief did pull the guy's LTC. Said person then sued the club, the club president and the police chief . . . and won a large judgment from each. The club president told me that he paid out a 5-figure judgment to the guy. No idea what the club or town had to pay. [I also have no idea why the club president made a point to tell me that story . . . and I know nothing further about what happened or who it was.]

Those were funny days, weren't they???? I've been to 2 Mansfield club meetings, no Taunton ones but I was at roll-call about 2 years straight at Ames. It wasn't funny at the time, but it was funny in retrospect. LOL

Auto-flush toilets required at all clubs....now there is an issue I can get behind ;-)

An issue your behind can get, uh, behind.

No exceptions.

What about priests and sacramental wine????

Back before there were AR's in .22 I got a .22 cal upper for my competition AR. In the winter I would bring it to the indoor range to practice. It was always fun when someone showed up to tell me I couldn't shoot that in there. I would say yes I can, then I'd just start shooting.
I thought it was funny and the club president did too. We had a couple FUDDS that didn't like it. They were told it's only a .22 and it was completely within club rules.

In the aforementioned club above, I was shooting a DE while my buddy was shooting a S&W29. SAME AMMO. 2 Ossiferz of the club came rushing in and told me I couldn't shoot that. My buddy shooting the same ammo was AOK. But mine was too scary-looking. [rofl]

If a club threatens with calling the cops for any bad behavior (such as loading 6 rounds when the rule is 5, or shooting 2 rounds per second when the rule is one every two seconds), then I would tell them to f*ck off.

Maybe " bad behavior," wasn't the best choice of words. I meant things like deliberately shooting the target holders, lights, ceiling etc. Sweeping others with a loaded gun.... being a danger to others. Not silly rule violations that some range officers make a stink about.

Maybe " bad behavior," wasn't the best choice of words. I meant things like deliberately shooting the target holders, lights, ceiling etc. Sweeping others with a loaded gun.... being a danger to others. Not silly rule violations that some range officers make a stink about.
Some people just don't like to admit that there are members of clubs that just plain suck at using guns. My club is not concerned with "rapid fire" as long as all rounds fired are hitting the backstop. We dont have capacity limits. He'll we don't even require a club ro go be present. We do, however, concern ourselves with muzzle discipline, shooting holes in shooting benches.....the ceiling.....the walls, going down range when guns are not racked first and a cold range called, negligent discharges into the back wall of the outdoor range sending a round into the parking lot (got that on video and the idiot is no longer a member)....you know.....the shit that'll get someone killed.

Cameras do a good job in smartening up dumb people. The only time our BOD checks the videos is in the rare occurrence of a complaint filed by a member.....or if we see evidence of damage. Since they were installed years ago we see very little damage and very few safety complaints.

I'll also add, since there are comments on this post about club president's running their own thiefdom and ruling with an iron fist.......when we do have a safety violation we go by the bylaws. Member is notified in writing that he/she can explain their side of the incident either in person at the next scheduled board meeting.....or submit a written response that the board will read at the next meeting. The bylaws have specific disciplinary actions that can be taken against a member for 1st offense.....2nd offense etc.......but a safety violation that could have resulted in injury (like firing through the back wall into the parking lot) can be immediate revocation of membership. The actions are all discussed and then voted on by the board. We don't have a dictatorship.

Last edited:
We have a camera system. Since it was installed the number of safety incidents as dwindled to almost zero.

We also identified a teenager that stole someone's vaping pipe at a public event. His father was shown the vid and we let the father deal with it.

Cameras have value at clubs to keep the idiots thinking about safety. That's the only reason we have them.
Safety. And security. My club has cameras on the range, but I'm pretty sure they have some that watch the building too. It's been a while since I have been there though. Thanks covid.

It’s a FUDD club.

I’m not surprised that they haven’t issued a statement or retraction. Just goes to show this wasn’t an out of character action by El Pres.

So you think those things deserve ruining the person’s life and permanently denying them a civil right? Kicked out of the club? Sure. Flippant discussion of such penalties is extremely dangerous.

So you think those things deserve ruining the person’s life and permanently denying them a civil right? Kicked out of the club? Sure. Flippant discussion of such penalties is extremely dangerous.

No I don't think that at all. When I moved here from Virginia I was surprised at the licencing process just to keep a gun in your own home, let alone carry. What surprised me even more is that many MA gun owners didn't have a problem with it, I guess they were used to it. Some even like it, having that little permission slip from the government. They are the kind of people that make their way on to the Eboard of many sportsmen's clubs, as I mentioned in an earlier post. I find the idea of lifetime denial of your constitutional rights on the whim of a police chief or a rat that tells him something appalling.

I miss the days when the Army ranges at Ft. Devens were open to the public.
Got bolt-cutters?

Oh we are not allowed to shoot tannerite anymore because some FUDDS said it was too loud. It was a big To Do, but we lost it. I told the club president I was going to bring a canon in and he said if I did he would back me up. Then he asked me the bummer question, "do you have a canon?" sadly I do not.

(Hopefully not unappreciated).

Onx hunt app tells me a little over 3 acres.

It also looks to be tucked in next to a group of townhouses. What a shithole of a club anyway.

View attachment 355540View attachment 355542
holy shit that range shouldn't even exist, a development of townhouses basically right off the end of the range, developed property in almost every direction... no ridgelines or any terrain features to provide a natural barrier... no wonder they are so fuddy

When can we use the F word fully to express ourselves? Because this thread warrants this.
Join the party:
I can only imagine how old this Fudd is using the term "gun license"...
Any club I'm a member of I'd work to have his membership revoked, "revoked" yet another bit of Fudd terminology
Hope 99 percent of that club members quit and they are left with 10 sheep fudds and no money.
I don't. I hope that 99% present new BOD and officer candidates, replacing those 10 sheep Fudds, and produce a club that's worth belonging to.
I know Dick Striano too, and he is complete fudd.
It’s a FUDD club.

That will be shutdown within a few days of the trademark owner's attorneys getting word of it.

He has been making them for years. When I post one up of known characters I wonder about that. However, they post them on the company site, FB and IG. Gun makers and equipment companies follow them and he uses their logos often. I wish them the best.

I miss the days when the Army ranges at Ft. Devens were open to the public.
Got bolt-cutters?
But to wax nostalgic, the fence had a generous opening here.
And not 100' inside was this pit with berm around it.
And signs of a campfire.
And the remains of a discarded MRE carton.

I could be all wet, but I think someone dug the pit so that
an armored vehicle could park hull-down.
And the pit was subsequently used for a bivouac.
At least that's the little story I made up for myself.
Maybe the pit was purely some kind of deluxe foxhole.
But I could be all wet...

OTOH, there were those youts that snuck onto a range,
stole an unexploded mortar,
and had it go off on them... [angry]

I know one case where the club camera recordings were used to unite lost property (not guns or ammo) with a relieved owner - but the video was examine only because the member asked if we had any video of what happened to his stuff after he left. Video showed range cleanup volunteer took it. He had secured it with club property, and reported it up the chain of command, and it was promptly returned.

Back
Top Bottom