Weymouth Sports CLub threatening to have LTCs revoked for people shooting right now

Why not just disable all but a few of the key fobs. Can't get in....cant shoot. Cleaning/Maintenance staff and maybe a few members to over see the afore mentioned. Solves all of this. (Other than I would think with reasonable precautions the ranges should be open)

I was appalled to see the name calling and even publishing his phone number.
Right now I am very ashamed of this forum.

His Email Address, home phone, and Cell phone are all over the clubs website.

He put it in his email to members, it is all over the website, it is fair game.

Here is what he SHOULD have written to the membership.

"Dear Members. In order to comply with State and Local requests that we do not use the facilities during this uncertain time, we have de-activated the FOB system and will be limiting access to the facility.

If you have left anything in your locker you need to retrieve, please contact either myself or another board member and we will arrange for you to access your locker

We know this is a hardship, but we are hoping you will understand that it is for the future good of the club.

Please call or email with any questions.

It would appear that contacting the authorities to report on members is an ingrained part of the club culture. Taken from the club rules:

"We have a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol. Any use of alcohol or drugs either before entering or while in the club will lead to immediate expulsion from the sportsmen’s club and a phone call to your local chief of police. No exceptions "

It would appear that contacting the authorities to report on members is an ingrained part of the club culture. Taken from the club rules:

"We have a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol. Any use of alcohol or drugs either before entering or while in the club will lead to immediate expulsion from the sportsmen’s club and a phone call to your local chief of police. No exceptions "
Unbelievable

I think Dick had a bad day and posted something stupid. I'd have no problem revoking membership if these knuckleheads were violating the club shut down but ratting them out is way over the top. Seems the club's leadership is OK with it thou.

His Email Address, home phone, and Cell phone are all over the clubs website.

He put it in his email to members, it is all over the website, it is fair game.

Here is what he SHOULD have written to the membership.

"Dear Members. In order to comply with State and Local requests that we do not use the facilities during this uncertain time, we have de-activated the FOB system and will be limiting access to the facility.

If you have left anything in your locker you need to retrieve, please contact either myself or another board member and we will arrange for you to access your locker

We know this is a hardship, but we are hoping you will understand that it is for the future good of the club.

Please call or email with any questions.
agreed

Maybe we should report his ass to the local COP. Sounds like he isn't a "suitable" person to own a firearm.
I'm sure a mass ERPO filing on him from members would catch the local chief's attention. But I wouldn't do such a thing as it's advocating the very tactics he threatened to employ.

I'm sure a mass ERPO filing on him from members would catch the local chief's attention. But I wouldn't do such a thing as it's advocating the very tactics he threatened to employ.
Very much agreed.
I don't like ERPO for many reasons but in this case you gotta admit, it feels good seeing it. LOL

We have met the enemy and he is us is never a good thing. Gun clubs could handle this in a very quiet and low key manner. I don't get the Defcon 4 right out of the gate.

I assume no one has heard from Dick?

He could at least be a man and either bend the knee and admit he f***ed up or double down.

Somehow I don't think we'll be hearing anything from Dick "The Snitch" Striano.

A sincere apology usually will mend things, but in this case, I think his actions are so beyond the pale that it would be a fruitless endeavor on his part.

I can tell the directors at most clubs are under a lot of pressure. There are a lot of legal issues regarding insurance and local politics.
Here's a related story of liability for someone doing what Stiano is threatening.

When I joined Ames, the president bragged to me that a member violated some rule and was thrown out of the club. The president told me that he notified the issuing chief and suggested that the person's LTC be pulled. Said chief did pull the guy's LTC. Said person then sued the club, the club president and the police chief . . . and won a large judgment from each. The club president told me that he paid out a 5-figure judgment to the guy. No idea what the club or town had to pay. [I also have no idea why the club president made a point to tell me that story . . . and I know nothing further about what happened or who it was.]
Man I miss you at my club Len.

. He may have overreacted here, and I am sure his club will discuss it with him, but he is a good man that has sacrificed most of his free time (20 yrs + that I know of) for his club and the second amendment. I was appalled to see the name calling and even publishing his phone number.

Not sure if serious, he published his own number on the original post he made on faceplant. Let's not pretend someone doxxed him or something.

-Mike

The issue is: Liability for club officers.

Back a half'a'billion years ago when that kid got killed with the full-auto, the first thing that was done by the family was to sue the board members and officers. Think on that.

Shitty example because theres a big difference legally between members shooting at their own club and randos off the street shooting at the
same.... westfield opened themselves to cauldrons of heaping bullshit by practically running a 1 day public rental range. That's an entirely diffferent risk
profile from an event, say, extended to members and their guests.

-Mike

I seem to recall someone buying me a beer on my 20th birthday (legal drinking age back then). If I were to go there, I would have used alcohol before entering (even if it was 30 years before entering, it's still use before entering), then I suspect I'm not welcome.

You'd think it's pretty simple except for the Fudds @ Independent in Foxboro who won't let you shoot pistol caliber on the pistol range - from a PCC. It gives the "wrong idea" to shoot long guns on the pistol range except that you're allowed to shoot any .22 long gun AND black powder long guns of any caliber on the pistol range. But a PCC? nope. :rolleyes:

Start showing up with an AR in 22 or an uzi with a 22LR kit in it or something... [rofl] Or one of those 22 LR MP5s or something to really get them going... [rofl]

I was appalled to see the name calling and even publishing his phone number.

Funny, I’m proud of the forum for pouncing on this sort of bullshit.

One of the head rats at this “sportsmen’s” club - a club run by a bunch of bootlicking rats who aren’t ashamed to abuse MA’s discretionary licensing bullshit to enforce their shitstain club’s rules - threatens to drop a dime because members swiped in and shot when they weren’t supposed to. NES sounds the alarm in a way that hopefully makes the club reconsider. We can only hope that Dick is persuaded to unf*** his thinking before he starts squealing on individual members. If it saves one LTC it will have been worth it. Hell, if this thread warns potential club members of the club’s established, “without exception” policy of running to the cops for rule violations it will have been worth it.

On one hand shame on the asshats that are possibly causing a legal issue for the club that may last longer than this virus crap. Revoke their membership if it's appropriate .

On the other hand this Dick guy crossed the line in a big way.
He's apparently under the impression his sphere of influence extends outside of the gates of the club and he's now the decider on others constitutional rights.
Dangerous attitude .

We have one BOD member at my club who truly believes the club is his private property and everyone else is just fortunate to be able to share it with him.
I mainly ignore him and it makes for a much better time at the range.

Back
Top Bottom