Weymouth Sports CLub threatening to have LTCs revoked for people shooting right now

Start showing up with an AR in 22 or an uzi with a 22LR kit in it or something... [rofl] Or one of those 22 LR MP5s or something to really get them going... [rofl]

I have seen people there with those (AR in .22), they’re perfectly fine. But God forbid if you show up with Beretta Storm or Ruger PC9

f*** everyone involved with running that operation.

Most of the worst gun clubs (EG, places I would rate a D or F based on fudd garbage etc. ) involve a regime of defective people running them, and a member base either disenfranchised or simply too lazy to remove them.

-Mike

Stick a hook in that fish and hang it off a kite 50 yards back of the boat you might catch a fish that would be worth a photo.

I have seen people there with those (AR in .22), they’re perfectly fine. But God forbid if you show up with Beretta Storm or Ruger PC9

That's just straight up retarded then, because you can't allow that, but then push the excuse that "but people will get the wrong idea" given that pointing a thing that basically looks like an AR other than the loudness of teh bang noise it produces is the definition of "giving people the wrong idea" lmao.... Someone was drinking and had a suspender unclipped when that bylaw or whatever was drafted. Wow.

-Mike

So the post about Dick's son stealing guns, this is in the link

David has multiple felony convictions, including assault with a dangerous weapon and malicious destruction of property, carrying a dangerous weapon, breaking and entering in the nighttime with intent to commit a felony, drug distribution and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon; as a result, he is prohibited from owning firearms and ammunition.

So the kid was already a PP when he stole the guns. Why was he at the club? For his father I'd assume, he probably wasn't a member, so his father should be responsible for his actions as anyone else would be for someone they bring to a club, right? Dick should be booted out for all this shit

Joseph Fee is the thief with family ties to that club from that story. According to Google his father(?) Joe Fee - not Dick - was the club official, back then at least.

Start showing up with an AR in 22 or an uzi with a 22LR kit in it or something... [rofl] Or one of those 22 LR MP5s or something to really get them going... [rofl]

Back before there were AR's in .22 I got a .22 cal upper for my competition AR. In the winter I would bring it to the indoor range to practice. It was always fun when someone showed up to tell me I couldn't shoot that in there. I would say yes I can, then I'd just start shooting.
I thought it was funny and the club president did too. We had a couple FUDDS that didn't like it. They were told it's only a .22 and it was completely within club rules.

Oh we are not allowed to shoot tannerite anymore because some FUDDS said it was too loud. It was a big To Do, but we lost it. I told the club president I was going to bring a canon in and he said if I did he would back me up. Then he asked me the bummer question, "do you have a canon?" sadly I do not.

On one hand shame on the asshats that are possibly causing a legal issue for the club that may last longer than this virus crap. Revoke their membership if it's appropriate .

On the other hand this Dick guy crossed the line in a big way.
He's apparently under the impression his sphere of influence extends outside of the gates of the club and he's now the decider on others constitutional rights.
Dangerous attitude .
Humm. Charlie Baker is a member at your club??

Oh we are not allowed to shoot tannerite anymore because some FUDDS said it was too loud. It was a big To Do, but we lost it. I told the club president I was going to bring a canon in and he said if I did he would back me up. Then he asked me the bummer question, "do you have a canon?" sadly I do not.
Them are LOUDLY!!! Total hoot factor on a friends island on Winni. Makes 1/4 sticks child’s play.

I can tell the directors at most clubs are under a lot of pressure. There are a lot of legal issues regarding insurance and local politics.

Man I miss you at my club Len.
It's not an easy job, BTDT at a handful of clubs in the past.

It's my club too. ;) I was at tonight's meeting (online) and my response may not be very popular. I miss seeing you and the others at the meetings and occasionally when I'm teaching. Someday I'll be back to teach there most likely. CV-19 is delaying our departure . . . our NHSaves contractor called today and told me that Eversource isn't allowing them to do any work until the pandemic is over (which is my position as well).

I have a cannon you can borrow

They talked about bringing cameras into our club and you can bet that I will be bringing this bullshit to the table next time some idiot mentions it.

We've had cameras for security at the main entrance and equipment barn for years but never at the range. Had to put some up at the range due to idiots repeatedly shooting junk and ricochet hazards- bowling balls, rocks, soft steel plate, etc. Despite repeated warnings to the membership, that crap only stopped when the cameras went up. Also a range bag with valuable contents was taken. First round of 'Hey, give it back' had no response. Second round including 'We have it on camera' got an immediate response to return the bag that was 'mistakenly' taken.

We've had cameras for security at the main entrance and equipment barn for years but never at the range. Had to put some up at the range due to idiots repeatedly shooting junk and ricochet hazards- bowling balls, rocks, soft steel plate, etc. Despite repeated warnings to the membership, that crap only stopped when the cameras went up. Also a range bag with valuable contents was taken. First round of 'Hey, give it back' had no response. Second round including 'We have it on camera' got an immediate response to return the bag that was 'mistakenly' taken.

We also had to put in cameras at the ranges because people were being absolute f***ing dipshits. Now granted these individuals are a very small minority of the membership, but this is the reason why we can't have nice things. There's always one or two idiots that f*** it up for everyone.

I don't like the cameras, and I don't like that we had to spend the money to put them in, but I like even less having to spend money to repair shit that should never have been destroyed in the first place.

I doubt if they would have followed through with reporting to the licencing authority. I know of another club that tells new members at orientation that bad behavior could be reported to the police. They never have, it's sort of an idle threat.

Last edited:
I doubt if they would have followed through with reporting to the licencing authority. I know of another club that tells new members at orientation that bad behavior could be reported to the police. They never have, it's sort of an idle threat.
It's still a threat.

It's still a threat.

Exactly, and I don't support any club doing that. Ever. If you wanna kick someone out for something, fine, but taking it to the gestapo is bullshit. Unless something downright criminal occurs, this is just f***ing statism at its worst.

I have a canon you can borrow. The real question is do you have Cannon License (yes, MA requires a special license to shoot cannons) ?

It’s worse than that, it’s leveraging the f***ed up licensing system in MA for their own gain. They’re extorting good behavior out of their members. Dick and the other dicks at the club think they rightfully have a say in who should have their rights and property taken away.

Last edited:

I may or may have not shot my 9mm AK “pistol” in the pistol bays at my range. Haha! Like that is somehow worse then a .460 S&W or .454. Arbitrary rules like that are mind numbing.

You’re not allowed to shoot bigger than 44 there if I read the newsletter correctly, and Dick added that he doesn’t like anyone shooting magnum loads because they’re too loud or something.

ETA: from January

Subj: Loud Noises in the range

WSC Members,

A few issues have come up that I wish to convey to you. I have had numerous calls about the loud sound in the range. The noise is loud due to the steel ceiling and steel underlayment in the archery range floor. The sound is particularly noticeable when members are shooting magnum loads, 357 and 44s. I really do want to exclude magnum loads. I’d like you to try this: magnum loads shot only when you are alone, or if someone else is shooting notify them first. I am open to any and all suggestions regarding this, or anything else in the club. Email me [email protected].

some of the rules:
Up to 8" barrels on handguns alllowed

Ammo, either lead or jacketed up to 44 magnum or 45 long colt allowed

The red light on the reader is what the astute observer would call a clue. And yes, those swipes were logged :). Orange means "Ready to read" and green means "unlocked".

I suspect the Weymouth system may be rather limited especially when I read that part about "going to the club to check the cameras". Perhaps disabling the readers would have taken actual work at the club rather than a quick online action.

It's a dangerous slope when clubs start playing the "we'll get your LTC revoked" games; revoking membership should be enough.
I agree. Go by the club bylaws for disciplinary action......but don't threaten to rag them out to the popo.

I forsee alot of non renewals based on that threat alone.

You’re not allowed to shoot bigger than 44 there if I read the newsletter correctly, and Dick added that he doesn’t like anyone shooting magnum loads because they’re too loud or something.

ETA: from January
I get the impression that some of the members are only into Archery and find the noise annoying/distracting... The guy that complained about me runs the youth archery 🏹 program... I try not to rock the boat since I normally, shoot .22, 9mm, 45 acp and a bit of 10mm...

Last edited:
It depends on how they are used. We used them at Hopkinton a while ago to reunite a member with an item left at the range.

Years ago, Mass Rifle used theirs to identify an off duty police officer stealing a handgun from another member (really).
We have a camera system. Since it was installed the number of safety incidents as dwindled to almost zero.

We also identified a teenager that stole someone's vaping pipe at a public event. His father was shown the vid and we let the father deal with it.

Cameras have value at clubs to keep the idiots thinking about safety. That's the only reason we have them.

Back
Top Bottom