• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Went to Dean Safety at the mill

Ok. But why?
Something about the finish was wearing off the frame from the slide and S&W started to cerakote the frames. There's an article about it somewhere on the internet. He likes the gun but told me to wait if I were going to buy one.

Lol Rugah QC can still get cringey. Not SW level cringe but some stuff is like "ok why tho?"
Yahbut the glitches buff right out with a little Rugar Polish.

Concealed means concealed, right? Being the cheap bastard that I am, I don't like to pay $10 for watered down Absolut vodka martinis at dinner out, so I bring my own nips. Same on the airplanes. I can bring a small ziploc bag full of 1oz nips thru TSA and just get cups of ice on the plane.
Lucky you're not thirsting for Manhattans,
TSA frowns on binary components in carry-on.
(Not counting the bitters).

A dozen nips on a flight! You must keep them hopping with your tomato juice, and, or ice requests.
The Bride once spotted Jim Belushi flying a few rows ahead of her.
She spotted him because every stew was hanging out at his row.

Son Mark, when he picks me up at Homer has a bottle in his truck for "Standby".
Ready Ammo Locker.

Well, if you lived in this toilet state as a law abiding gun owner, You'd soon appreciate the view of the "dumpy mill" every time you come off the 495 exit.
Its my Taj Mahal.
Who's side are you on anyways?
Isn't "dumpy mill" a term from the department of redundancy department department? I haven't been there yet but I'd be disappointed if I found newly renovated space with fresh hardwood floors, nice clean and polished industrial look ductwork picked as much for aesthetics as functionality, and you couldn't even imagine the place full of belt driven machine. It's all part of the charm.

Isn't "dumpy mill" a term from the department of redundancy department department? I haven't been there yet but I'd be disappointed if I found newly renovated space with fresh hardwood floors, nice clean and polished industrial look ductwork picked as much for aesthetics as functionality, and you couldn't even imagine the place full of belt driven machine. It's all part of the charm.
As a whole you would be correct. But our room.... It used to be a hot yoga studio. It has hardwood floors (ok, Pergo or the equivalent) and freshly painted white walls and nice glass counters and... It actually looks surprisingly good in the room. But most of the rest of the Mill is a little more like you would think it should be.

As a whole you would be correct. But our room.... It used to be a hot yoga studio. It has hardwood floors (ok, Pergo or the equivalent) and freshly painted white walls and nice glass counters and... It actually looks surprisingly good in the room. But most of the rest of the Mill is a little more like you would think it should be.
WTF? I was wondering where the hot yoga chics went. have they moved onto goat yoga at your farm? Scoundrel. Half of your customers probably originally showed up for hot yoga, and rolled with the punches.

FYI. Not pointing fingers, but we're seeing more and more empty pallets left around inside the mill and also left around outside the building. So, if any of you guys have stuff delivered on pallets, remove them from the property. Tony has been cleaning them up at our expense, but not for too much longer. Be warned. Jack.

FYI. Not pointing fingers, but we're seeing more and more empty pallets left around inside the mill and also left around outside the building. So, if any of you guys have stuff delivered on pallets, remove them from the property. Tony has been cleaning them up at our expense, but not for too much longer. Be warned. Jack.
Time to raise the rent....

There's business realms in this industry (and many others) where moving items like that at retail is actually a waste of time for some people. It's no different than entire scopes of work i reject as a guy who fixes computers. There's a bunch of work which I'd simply rather not even bother with, or it's cost inefficient. Or I don't do it because I'd rather not get into something that potentially/likely leads to a bad customer relationship. Like I literally will not touch a consumer grade laptop unless it's for a friend or family, or a large existing customer twists my arm.... this situation is no different.

View: https://youtu.be/T9IZV-gEa-0

oh so thats what that smell is

Totally unrelated (but that’s what NES is for) this reminds me of one of my favorite Ill Will Press videos, where Pilz-E pays Germaine a visit in the hospital.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldi0djPhwrc

When my kids were paramedics, they would always refer to their BP cuffs as "Kavorkian Scarves”.

ETA Not in front of patients of course, just back at the station.

Last edited:
IMG_2992.JPG
Someone is just stocking up material for future builds.......

If you put them in a stack with a "free pallets" sign on them, they will disappear in no time

It’s NES, someone will try to find them cheaper online.
Let's get real here. The only thing that really pisses me off is tenants using the mill for a dumping ground. So a tenant brings in an item in a crate or some stuff in on a pallet. They unpack the stuff and don't have a truck or a place to take the pallet, etc. too. So they stuff it in a corner or outside the boiler room door. Might as well also put a sign on it that says "FY, Jack. Nice, right? Jack.

Let's get real here. The only thing that really pisses me off is tenants using the mill for a dumping ground. So a tenant brings in an item in a crate or some stuff in on a pallet. They unpack the stuff and don't have a truck or a place to take the pallet, etc. too. So they stuff it in a corner or outside the boiler room door. Might as well also put a sign on it that says "FY, Jack. Nice, right? Jack.

Every mill is the same, yours is no different... Yours is actually a LOT cleaner than the rest of the mills.

Lotsa garbage in the halls.

Every mill is the same, yours is no different... Yours is actually a LOT cleaner than the rest of the mills.

Lotsa garbage in the halls.
Most landlords add a CAM charge of 2-3$ psf to the rent in multi tenant buildings. "Common Area Maint." to cover cleanup. I don't. What happens in those bldgs is that they just make a shit house mess, figuring that they are paying for cleanup anyway. All I ask is that the tenants have a little respect for the property. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom