Walmart stops selling most ammo and bans open carry

Unfortunately, this won't affect their bottom line like it did dicks, especially in the more urban areas.
Walmart takes in a good percentage of the country's wic/ebt/snap benefits.
If they lose anything, it'll be business in the more rural areas of the country.

Unfortunately, this won't affect their bottom line like it did dicks, especially in the more urban areas.
Walmart takes in a good percentage of the country's wic/ebt/snap benefits.
If they lose anything, it'll be business in the more rural areas of the country.

You can't keep writing off shoplifting forever! The shoplifting will eventually bring them down. They serve population for which shoplifting is just another free benefit which comes from being here illegally.

This is why Walmart is asking you not to open carry. You may interrupt shoplifting in progress!

The real estate occupied by Walmarts will be perfect for marijuana plantations.

Welcome to Amerika!

What I wonder is with this opportunity open for a very large national retail store to jump in on the vacuum that Walmart is leaving, who could do it? The largest retail stores on par with Walmart that might be interested would be Dollar General, but they've never had a sporting goods section and I doubt they'd be interested in the social media firestorm.

Lowe's and Home Depot could, but like Dollar General ammo and sporting goods is outside their scope of business. Ace Hardware is a big chain and I've seen basic ammo at Ace's out in the Midwest, but offering the amount of ammo Walmart does would be a big policy change for them nationwide.

So, the final possible option I can think of who I think would actually be interested in doing it, and I'm not joking, is Harbor Freight.

They have over 1000 stores in the US, they sell gun equipment already (ammo cans, gun cases, safes, brass cleaning tumblers, ultrasonic cleaners) and I will bet that a very large portion of their customer base are gun owners.

The only thing is I don't think people would be interested in buying Pittsburgh brand 9mm ammo with a lifetime warranty, so HF would have to break a rule and sell brand name ammo (Winchester, Federal, etc.) after buying from a distributor.
I'm pretty sure I read Harbor Freight is owned/run by a lib. No time to confirm this right now, but I'll look later.

I wish I could boycott them but I never bought ammo there anyway. I tried, but they were always out of 22.

Cat litter and tighty whites, that is it. And I can buy those at BJs.

I'm pretty sure I read Harbor Freight is owned/run by a lib. No time to confirm this right now, but I'll look later.

Dudes, stop hoping and stop digging in the past. In the near future all your purchases will be made by Alexa and delivered by a driverless vehicle. That same Alexa will also report your purchases and publishes it on all social media venues together with the amount you have contributed to Trump's campaign. [horse]

Get over it and BUY AMMO!

I wish I could boycott them but I never bought ammo there anyway. I tried, but they were always out of 22.

Buy nothing from them! From now on, ignore them and take your business somewhere else.

I completely forgot about shoplifting and the black friday riots.

According to a police log in my local newspaper the shoplifting in Walmart is happening at least every second day, but some days they may have 3-4 instances when police was called.

In MA shoplifting is like walking. It is your right to remove objects in your way and our overcrowded prisons can't be bothered with such a natural human right.

Since Walmart decided to enter political arena we need to ask what is the carbon footprint of a giant structure which requires cooling and heating. Also, aren't those giant parking lots responsible for global warming? Shouldn't they be replaced with environmentally friendly solutions? Maybe Greta and her young followers need to take a closer look.

Last time I was in a local Walmart they were selling hard tomatoes which tasted just like stone hard peaches and their jumbo eggs were the size of grapes. They have cameras and live projection in a cosmetic department. When I saw my bold spot on Walmart television I became traumatized for life.

If they think they'll only lose the few dollars they make on .223 and 9mm., they need to look at what happened to Dick's. Out here in the Happy Valley they were a convenient one-stop shop for dog food, motor oil, computer ink and Doritos, sales they'll also lose when they piss off the ammo guys.

If they think they'll only lose the few dollars they make on .223 and 9mm., they need to look at what happened to Dick's. Out here in the Happy Valley they were a convenient one-stop shop for dog food, motor oil, computer ink and Doritos, sales they'll also lose when they piss off the ammo guys.

Typical Walmart customer is powered by Doritos! I can't imagine breaking the Walmart dress code with an open carry. Horror! Horror!

wal3.jpg wal2.jpg walmart1.jpg

The last time I was at a Walmart was also the first time I had been in one in years. While taking those photos of the house lot in June, I saw my phone's battery was almost dead, despite being plugged in the entire ride up. Cause: the wire on the charger had broken off. The Littleton Wallyworld was the first place that came to mind where I could grab a replacement quickly before heading up to Lyndonville.

I'm betting without much additional thought I could've found another.

Oh well, maybe now you'll think and plan a little further ahead for your spontaneous trips to the range.
Little things like this are part of "being prepared".
There are some people who don’t have the means to stockpile ammunition. He mentioned the convenience that walmart offered and that is hard to argue.

This shouldn’t be about "being prepared", but rather the fact that this is one more bite out of the apple, and pretty soon we are going to be down to the core.

I generally avoid big stores like Walmart as much as possible. The last time I was in there was 2014 to get a deep cycle battery. Checked out the ammo counter while there, and it was pitiful with no one around to help if you did want something (Bellingham store).

These corporate nitwits will never get it. They don't understand their demographic. If they kept selling ammo, guns, etc. they wouldn't lose any customers. The antis that are pushing for all these controls most likely don't shop at Walmart anyhow. Therefore, banning ammo etc. won't bring the antis in, because Walmart is below them.

There are some people who don’t have the means to stockpile ammunition. He mentioned the convenience that walmart offered and that is hard to argue.

This shouldn’t be about "being prepared", but rather the fact that this is one more bite out of the apple, and pretty soon we are going to be down to the core.

Cheer up, Coda, Walmart has a right not to sell. They do not have a right to dictate to their customers what to wear, though. ;)

Do you even remember Bradlees, Purity Supreme and Sears?

See, we are still here! [wave]

It's funny you mention those two items. I buy the Scoop Away in the individual bags at Walmart. It's much cheaper than anywhere else. That being said, Costco has it in different packaging. I can adapt to that.

As to tighty whities, Bobs has them, as do BJs and Costco. No shortage of those.

There are two other things I can get at Walmart, but not currently elsewhere at competitive prices. That doesn't mean I'm done looking.

They aren't going to make a ton of money on me based on how often I buy those.

Groceries, electronics, sporting goods, and clothing I can get elsewhere.

Especially down south, this won't play well in any area.

If they did, who would be the first of the NES outrage group to demand a boycott?

Here in MA every Walmart has a video surveillance at parking lots. I wonder how many drug deals were reported by Walmart to a local police. Or are they just going to focus on reporting the open carry from now on?

Oh good.

I’m so glad I now have a reason to boycott WM.

My blood pressure gets dangerous after five minutes in one of their third world shitholes.
I was in the Hudson NH and Salem NH stores over the weekend. Definitely a third world experience. I blend in better in some of the ones in MA.

Cheer up, Coda, Walmart has a right not to sell. They do not have a right to dictate to their customers what to wear, though. ;)

Do you even remember Bradlees, Purity Supreme and Sears?

See, we are still here! [wave]
Yup, and I remember Ames and Caldor. But I don't remember if they sold ammo or not. And as for sears that is where my first rifle came from as a youngster. A JC Higgins 22 bolt action and a couple boxes of “Sears” ammo. So Sears not only sold ammo they branded it.

Don’t worry I don’t need cheering up, other than pistol and AR ammo I can get all I need at Wally world.

Back
Top Bottom