Walmart stops selling most ammo and bans open carry

Also, will this effect the manufactures like Federal, CCI, etc. Walmart was a YUGE purchaser.
aslo to follow up on that.. gonna be a lot of angry people in the US who won’t shop there anymore, especially in places like AZ and TX where they banned open carry from their stores

Realistically nobody cares about OC. However, going "we not selling this, cuz virtue signaling bullshit" is going to go over like someone taking a dump on the altar at church...

-Mike

Can someone post the article please? I'm not turning off my ad-blocking software to read a one-off article. I hate Business Insider, and other sites like them where I can't keep my privacy to read an article. Thanks in advance.

What makes me wonder, with all this talk of semiautomatic rifles being the defacto evil and all, is what made them decide to stop selling handgun ammo? A lot of the antis that say "ban weapons of war" even say, don't worry, we dont want to ban handguns and shotguns (even though that's a load of bull too).

Is it possible that Walmart has been the place where one or more of these most recent "mass shooters" purchased their ammo? Perhaps this is true and hasn't come into public view yet, and WM is trying to distance themselves as far and as quick as possible?

Actually the article said that its "Estimated" without citing a reference so forgive me if I take that with a front end loader of salt

I would believe it, given that most mid level distributors rape their dealers on ammunition, which causes LGSes to (usually) have
overpriced ammo. This drives a lot of people to walmart- they usually compete slightly above market floor with bulk mail/internet vendors, at least with regards to things like 9/40/45.... rifle ammo, usually they're not as competitive on.

There are rumors that ammo plants practially have a dedicated dock and loading door for walmart trucks.

-Mike

sooooo, I'm the type of person to say at a funeral, "well his not going to need that suit anymore" are they selling what stock they have off clearance?

I wonder if Walmart will let me set up a table outside... next to the Girl Scouts and the cheerleaders?

AMMO-DUMP.jpg

Ammo hoarders, certain gun store and gun show vendors aren't going to be thrilled about this.

Except the shops that would buy it there, mark it up, and put it on their shelves.

Back when there were boughts of panic buying, there were rumors/stories of shops that had information from WalMart employees
about when an ammo shipment was due in so they could show up when the doors opened, and clear the shelves.

When they put it on their own shelves, some of them didn't even bother with removing the WalMart price sticker, they just covered
it up with their own.

Also, will this effect the manufactures like Federal, CCI, etc. Walmart was a YUGE purchaser.
aslo to follow up on that.. gonna be a lot of angry people in the US who won’t shop there anymore, especially in places like AZ and TX where they banned open carry from their stores

Not going to effect the manufacturers, they'll just be sending their product to a different address. The demand for ammo isn't changing, just who's selling it.

I'll bet the manufacturers actually see an increase in demand with people stacking it deep in fear of more government oppression.

I don't think I've bought ammo at a Walmart in about 16 years so no loss here.

Last edited:
The current crop of MBA's really have forgotten that pleasing their customers is more important than pleasing their peers in business and people whom are not their customers.

They aren't going to gain any sales by this virtue signaling. But they sure as Hell are going to lose sales.

this really sucks. I was one of those mud people that kept them in business. It was really convenient to buy a few hundred rounds go to the range. I cant keep boycotting everything.

Can someone post the article please? I'm not turning off my ad-blocking software to read a one-off article. I hate Business Insider, and other sites like them where I can't keep my privacy to read an article. Thanks in advance.
Same info is available on home page of:
FoxNews.com
WashingtonExaminer.com
WashingtonTimes.com
Probably Others as well
(Like you, I don't turn off my ad-block for any sites)

Ammo hoarders, certain gun store and gun show vendors aren't going to be thrilled about this.

Back when there were boughts of panic buying, there were rumors/stories of shops that had information from WalMart employees
about when an ammo shipment was due in so they could show up when the doors opened, and clear the shelves.

When they put it on their own shelves, some of them didn't even bother with removing the WalMart price sticker, they just covered
it up with their own.

That and the "Call list"
Hey buddy we got some ammo coming in tomorrow.
I'll stash it in the back till you get there.
I know it's the case because someone I know was getting his that way.
He had an "In" with the guy working the counter.
Haven't bought a single box of ammo there since the last panic shit show and I'm doing just fine.
Adapt and overcome.

this really sucks. I was one of those mud people that kept them in business. It was really convenient to buy a few hundred rounds go to the range. I cant keep boycotting everything.

Oh well, maybe now you'll think and plan a little further ahead for your spontaneous trips to the range.
Little things like this are part of "being prepared".

Last edited:
I haven't seen .22LR boolits at the Concord, NH Wally world in years. The only thing I've bought there in over 10 years is my meds. Even then, every time I leave the store, I feel like I need to do this.

No need to ever go into a Walmart again...if I can’t chuck a 250pk of 9mm onto my wife’s list.

Last edited:
I'm trying to think if I ever bought ammo from Walmart but nothing's coming to mind. I reload most of my handgun ammo and any rifle ammo or 22 long rifle I usually buy in bulk online, so Walmart doesn't mean shit to me.

Back
Top Bottom