Walmart stops selling most ammo and bans open carry

Removing hand gun ammo is removing hunting ammo. I just bought a 1894 marlin in .44 mag,so now I can't get my hunting ammo (Winchester white box 240 gen soft points), I went into Walmart Salem, Epping and Derry and all that was left were the federal rounds ,so I bought 1 box

Your best bet is to reload.
Or Target sports.

I do reload,but just got the rifle and was trying different rounds and the WWB .44 mag shot the best.i went to the septemberfest at the KTP and got cci primers, lil gun powder and some hornady bullets.

Last edited:
Does anyone really think Walmart cares what gun enthusiasts think? Looking at their Form 10-K for the fiscal year ending 31 JAN 2019, “Other Categories” of US income represented less than 1% (0.8% ($2,937/$331,666)) of total revenue. I’d be surprised if ammo isn’t included in that amount. So this move is giving them more social capital than they’re losing monetarily. See Page 77:

Document

Bottom line - they’re not going to be convinced by a national boycott by firearm enthusiasts. Eff them, go to TSUSA where you’ll generally pay less, get excellent service, and be able support an organization that supports 2A rights. You can support your LGS too, which I do when I need small quantities of ammo (0-150 rounds) quickly.

Last edited:

I hate Walgreen's ammo. The packaging is annoying...

iu
iu

Child-proof my ass...!

Removing hand gun ammo is removing hunting ammo. I just bought a 1894 marlin in .44 mag,so now I can't get my hunting ammo (Winchester white box 240 gen soft points), I went into Walmart Salem, Epping and Derry and all that was left were the federal rounds ,so I bought 1 box

Damn! you rich! I would never shoot 44 if I wasn’t reloading it.

Edit: just read your next comment. Good deal

I want a tee shirt that says:

" I :emoji_heart: Ammo! "

Just came back from the Amherst Walmart (needed some OTC meds), and while I was there thought I'd stop by the ammo counter to see what's what.

Two sided ammo "cabinet." The left side is (was) mostly handgun ammo; it's almost empty. I thought they (the store) had pulled the handgun ammo, but there were sprodic boxes of .44MAG, .38SPL, and .380ACP, so the ammo wasn't "pulled." While I was walking up, a well-dressed guy was checking out with what looked like two valu-paks of 9mm in a bag. I noticed a lot of .22LR/.22WMR, and at a quick glance, I saw a lot of .300BLK and some 5.56 (not a lot). As I was standing there, a couple walked up and looked over the ammo. I heard her say "Nope. It's all the same price. Well, screw them. We can get our ammo elsewhere." I think she was checking to see if they were marking down ammo to blow it out. As I was walking away, I hear another guy ask "So, have you just pulled the handgun ammo off the shelf?" and I heard the counter guy reply "No. We're selling what's here and not restocking."

Mind you, all this happened in the span of about 3 minutes. The ammo counter is getting a lot of business, and I expect people will pick the shelf clean of all the "good stuff" pretty quickly.

The statement from the CEO stated clearly that they’re not going to restock after their current inventory is gone. They implicitly said they’re not discounting diddley squat. Why would anyone be surprised by this?

Does anyone really think Walmart cares what gun enthusiasts think? Looking at their Form 10-K for the fiscal year ending 31 JAN 2019, “Other Categories” of US income represented less than 1% (0.8% ($2,937/$331,666)) of total revenue. I’d be surprised if ammo isn’t included in that amount. So this move is giving them more social capital than they’re losing monetarily. See Page 77:

Document

Bottom line - they’re not going to be convinced by a national boycott by firearm enthusiasts. Eff them, go to TSUSA where you’ll generally pay less, get excellent service, and be able support an organization that supports 2A rights. You can support your LGS too, which I do when I need small quantities of ammo (0-150 rounds) quickly.
If gun enthusiasts across the country refused to buy anything there not just ammo it would add up.
eta- just thinking, whats there 100M gun owners in the US? If 100M people told WMT they werent buying so much as a pack of gum at their stores from here on out, they would sit up and take notice.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I read Harbor Freight is owned/run by a lib. No time to confirm this right now, but I'll look later.

Harbor Freight CEO:

Eric Smidt - Wikipedia

Smidt is a prominent Los Angeles Democrat, who's hosted fundraiser dinners for both Bill and Hillary Clinton.[17] He is a friend of former Mayor of Los Angeles Antonio Villaraigosa, and he has donated money to help pay down the Mayor's ethics fines.[18] On March 4, 2013, LA Weekly reported that Smidt donated $50,000 to the Coalition for School Reform to elect Kate Anderson and Antonio Sanchez to the LAUSD Board of Education and to re-elect incumbent Monica Garcia. He also contributed $114,300 to a number of Democratic campaigns in 2012.[19]

That's my favorite WM, actually...right next to the Hotel Hindi :D

I like Indian people for the most part though...you have to respect a culture that's been fighting Islam for most of recorded history.

And they have amazing food

I went over a friend's house last night to re-assemble my GP100 and to help him put together a G17 lower. He told me that he'd stopped by Walmart in Waterford, Connecticut earlier and checked out the ammo cabinet. There was no 9mm left and only a single box of .45.

We couldn't decide if there was a customer rush or the local gun shop bought it all out.

I went over a friend's house last night to re-assemble my GP100 and to help him put together a G17 lower. He told me that he'd stopped by Walmart in Waterford, Connecticut earlier and checked out the ammo cabinet. There was no 9mm left and only a single box of .45.

We couldn't decide if there was a customer rush or the local gun shop bought it all out.

Walmart prices are not that good, local gun shops can buy way cheaper thru Target sports, etc.

Back
Top Bottom