VP9 MA Approved now?

The VP9 being on the next Approved roster doesn't mean it complies with AG regulations though right?

I believe the AG regulation states you need more than one action to fire the weapon, maybe the trigger safety counts as a 2nd action? I hope so, I definitely want to buy one.

The ag regs are bullshit when it comes down to it. Why do you think there being sued .

1 of 2 possibilities. They'll throw a heavy (10lb) trigger spring in, or I'm guessing there will be a manual safety version like most other HK's.

The VP9 being on the next Approved roster doesn't mean it complies with AG regulations though right?

I believe the AG regulation states you need more than one action to fire the weapon, maybe the trigger safety counts as a 2nd action? I hope so, I definitely want to buy one.

His price last week was 959 now he's at 975. How the hell can you increase your prices when other shops are taking pre orders for sub $700? Oh, and along with the rape you get NO mags [laugh].

I paid 634 for my Vp9 and I absolutely love the gun. But I would never pay some of these retarded prices that I see in the classifieds for it. Shop around guys or have patients(I know it's hard..) !

Capitalism = supply and demand. Can charge whatever someone wants, in return can choose to not buy. People are just upset about "the list" and nanny Marcia - unrelated to prices set by FFLs.

you guys want to complain about prices....how about all the FFLs who push gen2 glocks for $700?? Now thats straight profitting off Marcias BS "rules".

cant have free market and price regulation at the same time....so choose one.

Capitalism = supply and demand. Can charge whatever someone wants, in return can choose to not buy. People are just upset about "the list" and nanny Marcia - unrelated to prices set by FFLs.

you guys want to complain about prices....how about all the FFLs who push gen2 glocks for $700?? Now thats straight profitting off Marcias BS "rules".

cant have free market and price regulation at the same time....so choose one.

I wasn't complaining. I'm just saying I find it humorous that his price went up from last week as other shops are already selling the VP9 for sub $700 and more taking preorders. That would be the opposite of supply and demand. All it takes is some effort and you'll find what you want in ma shops for non retarded prices.

But Marcia's list doesn't effect me [smile], you already knew that though!

Last edited:
Not to defend them, but the "premium" shops in question are just there to fill a special niche for that small handful of folks, impatient or otherwise, to whom price simply doesn't matter. I'm glad they exist even if they only provide occasional amusement and/or bewilderment to a poor old fool like me. [grin]

There were 2 in the classifieds. One was $959 the other $975 with no Mags.

The guy with the gun for $975 had a dozen...Sold them all. Supply and demand I guess.

I got mine for less but still over paid by $200 ish. I don't care...It's $200. Doesn't mean much to me. Having the gun now means much more than the $200.

Last edited:
There were 2 in the classifieds. One was $959 the other $975 with no Mags.

The guy with the gun for $975 had a dozen...Sold them all. Supply and demand I guess.

I got mine for less but still over paid by $200 ish. I don't care...It's $200. Doesn't mean much to me. Having the gun now means much more than the $200.

Most or all of those sales including yours I assume were before the news the VP9 was being certified, so it's understandable, people were thinking it would take a couple years.

Most or all of those sales including yours I assume were before the news the VP9 was being certified, so it's understandable, people were thinking it would take a couple years.

You are correct. I'm very impatient tho. I would still over pay rather than wait another month LOL. I'm like a 7 year old waiting for the fedex truck [smile]

1 of 2 possibilities. They'll throw a heavy (10lb) trigger spring in, or I'm guessing there will be a manual safety version like most other HK's.

Or theyll do nothing...like the steyr pistols. Nicest trigger around. No safety. Just not popular enough to be on the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Steyr actually has a manual safety, its just unusual in its design.

The current version of the Steyr has no manual safety, they got rid of it when they updated the model. It was a dumb frigging idea anyways.

-Mike

I was fondling a steyr m9 and everything on that gun looked crooked....the slide/frame was completely cockeyed....if it looked better i would have bought one just for shits and giggles. I gotta throw the steyr some props cuz at least it looks different than all the other striker guns!

Current Steyr pistols do have a manual safety. It requires a key to engage and is located right under the take down lever.

What's $200 over retail? Not that big of a deal for most people, and if it is, your in the wrong hobby.

Current Steyr pistols do have a manual safety. It requires a key to engage and is located right under the take down lever.

Doesn't count. The same way S&Ws stupid ILS lock doesn't count. That's not a "safety" that's more of a gimmicky gun lock.

-Mike

Any thoughts on Walther PPQ M2 vs VP9? I'm leaning toward the latter since it'll actually be cheaper ($680 vs whatever markup).

People actually buy PPQs???

2631010-3555099616-ariel.jpg

Doesn't count. The same way S&Ws stupid ILS lock doesn't count. That's not a "safety" that's more of a gimmicky gun lock.

-Mike

My bad. Interpreted it the wrong way. I was thinking in terms of "safety device " , not the typical lever-style safety such as on a 1911 or what's on some of the other HK's .

Back
Top Bottom