• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Approved pending activation

1994mass

NES Member
Having a tough time where to locate a discussion about this. Called FRB was told “approved pending activation” anyone have an idea how long that takes? Thank you for any help. Yes I realize I am impatient.

The state has approved your application and sent it to your local PD. It is up to them now to process it and notify you. I would say on average 2 weeks depending on how busy the PD is and the phase of the Moon.

haha literallly I will just hangout till then PD is great so I’m sure I’ll know sooner or later.

The MIRCS folks at your PD have to activate your LTC once they receive them. They get mailed in an inactive state for obvious reasons. During that period of time from printing/mailing/activation you would not be able to purchase anything (if your old LTC is now expired/past your birthday). If you had to purchase something you could probably contact the PD to speed up the activation. I know my local PD only has a few officers who are MIRCS certified to process those, so depending on work load, days off etc the permits sometimes sit a few days.

This means your PD has the license and they're sitting on it. If you're in a shit town you may want to proceed with caution. If you haven't been waiting more than a month I would cool your jets if this is a first app. (Yes, it's stupid)

The MIRCS folks at your PD have to activate your LTC once they receive them. They get mailed in an inactive state for obvious reasons. During that period of time from printing/mailing/activation you would not be able to purchase anything (if your old LTC is now expired/past your birthday). If you had to purchase something you could probably contact the PD to speed up the activation. I know my local PD only has a few officers who are MIRCS certified to process those, so depending on work load, days off etc the permits sometimes sit a few days.
If he's operating under a renewal with a mircs receipt he doesn't need to worry about purchasing anything... with that receipt he can buy as much as he wants.... until he gets his new license activated... but most of the people who ask this are usually new apps and they get itchy leering at guns but not able to buy.

If he's operating under a renewal with a mircs receipt he doesn't need to worry about purchasing anything... with that receipt he can buy as much as he wants.... until he gets his new license activated... but most of the people who ask this are usually new apps and they get itchy leering at guns but not able to buy.
Correct first time and I don’t wanna bug PD so I’m not calling unless months go by. I did prints on Jan 30th 2024 so I havent been waiting too long to get thus far

I just renewed my LTC it took six weeks from the time I dropped off the application at the PD.A buddy of mine got his in two weeks, he lives three towns over from me. I guess it depends on the town your from. Some guys at the gun club have waited 60 days.

This means your PD has the license and they're sitting on it. If you're in a shit town you may want to proceed with caution. If you haven't been waiting more than a month I would cool your jets if this is a first app. (Yes, it's stupid)
Yea I’m waiting it out not going to call and be a pest

Sometimes the local PD's wait to process them all at the end of the month. Just like they process the renewals or new applications at the beginning of the month.

Sometimes the local PD's wait to process them all at the end of the month. Just like they process the renewals or new applications at the beginning of the month.
Doesn’t the state originally activate it and then the pd after? Or am I wrong about that I just assumed I was still waiting on the state to print it

Doesn’t the state originally activate it and then the pd after? Or am I wrong about that I just assumed I was still waiting on the state to print it

The state just prints the license and gets it in the system, more or less, the PD has to activate it, thats the last step. At some of the shitty PDs the licenses can sit around unactivated for
weeks... but like @LTCRN says, a lot of them just do them in batches. Or the licensing function is partially staffed. For example, at one point in one town im aware of, they basically had the licensing officer allocated for like 4 hours a week for licensing.... which isn't much.

Mine arrived over a week ago, well over a month before my bday, and I just assumed it had been activated. Nooooope.

Found out during a transaction the other day that the new license doesn't work for buying. Oooops. [rofl]

WTF is going on ... are these troll accounts?

We seem to have a rush of people asking about finger prints, approvals and the FRB

@1994mass , you are posting in like 3 different threads regarding new LTC. Relax.

Mine arrived over a week ago, well over a month before my bday, and I just assumed it had been activated. Nooooope.

Found out during a transaction the other day that the new license doesn't work for buying. Oooops. [rofl]

The new one won't be activated until the old LTC expires on your birthday.

Back
Top Bottom