Vista outdoors selling firearms/ammo division

if soros was so inclined to damage the firearms industry he could dip into his pockets and buy just about every major player all in one go and just close them. Same really goes for bloomberg.
Didn't Globo Gym try to do just that with Average Joe's

Yes, they make federal, Blazer, cci etc
Something suspicious about this deal...purchaser is a Czech manufacturing/defense/medical conglomerate

Nothing suspicious, American investors are greedy faggots and want huge unrealistic gains on everything. Not surprised they sold out.

How does this complicate things with a foreign owner now? Im assuming the actual production will stay in the US, but will the Feds be able to play games with that production because the owner is a foreign entity?
I am sure it will be structured in such a way to be able to work just fine.

You don't dump all that money in a company to lose your largest market.

Time to boycott all these brands. Glad I have like a gallon of Hoppe's. They are dead to me.

All others are easy to boycott, they manufacture mediocre products.

RCBS could be tough, but f*ck them.

SmartSelect_20231029_171518_Chrome.jpg

Nothing suspicious, American investors are greedy faggots and want huge unrealistic gains on everything. Not surprised they sold out.
Honestly I hope it's as simple and straightforward as capitalism. Arms/defense is one of my investing sectors.

So glad the democrats have our backs and won't let anything happen
I'm pretty sure biden will start a commission and put kamala in charge so we will have a fair and comprehensive review on the matter

Only if they become the next gamestop...
there won't be a short squeeze, they will just walk in the door and buy the company and the people who are looking for an exit for their investment to start Ammo Inc. will offload and take their earnings and spend em elsewhere.

Is CCI a part of one of these big conglomerations, or are they on their own?

How about Aguila?

They weren't in that big blue picture with all the other logos.

CCI was founded by Dick Speer (brother of Vernon Speer, who founded Speer Bullets) in the early 1950s. Arvid Nelson was a partner in the business. The firm's first shipment was part of a defense contract to make primers using chlorate FA-70. CCI later moved on to much safer formulas for sporting ammunition. CCI provided the first reliable supply of primers for hobby reloaders.[2]
As of February 2015, it was a subsidiary of Vista Outdoor, a spinoff of Alliant Techsystems.[3] As of the same date, CCI employed about 1,100 people.[4]

As of 2019, Vista Outdoor earned about 50% of its profits from businesses units related to shooting sports, such as ammunition makers Federal Premium and CCI.

Ammo-wise, they own CCI, Alliant, Remington and Federal Premium. For some reason they list Federal and Remington on their website but not CCI or Alliant

Is Olin still around, or were they bought out? Guessing the latter, unless they are one of those companies that just does stuff in the background, and lets other companies put their logo on it. I don't follow the ins and outs of these companies like some of you.

Is Olin still around, or were they bought out? Guessing the latter, unless they are one of those companies that just does stuff in the background, and lets other companies put their logo on it. I don't follow the ins and outs of these companies like some of you.
Olin is still around and owns Winchester, which is currently running the Lake City ammo contract.

This sale leaves me with a bad feeling. I dont like the idea of such a big chunk of US ammo production being owned by a foreign company.

Smelting plants have been closed here. Powder production is already to a large extent done overseas. Lake City is Fed owned. Lots of pieces falling into place and none of them good.

CCI and Alliant are there, below the screenshot I took. I didn't include them because they are no longer VO.
Ah...I actually went to their site but didnt scroll down far enough. Hevi-Shot, Speer and Estate Cartridge as well. :(

Back
Top Bottom