Vista outdoors selling firearms/ammo division

Yes, they make federal, Blazer, cci etc
Something suspicious about this deal...purchaser is a Czech manufacturing/defense/medical conglomerate

Something suspicious about this deal...purchaser is a Czech manufacturing/defense/medical conglomerate

Sales on outdoor products/firearms/ammo headed south for the most part after Covidscare.

Chechs buying up the competition is my guess.

This has been in the works for years. Vista is a huge holdings company that owns 30-40 smaller brands in the shooting, outdoor, hiking, bicycling industry. They've bought and sold firearm brands in the past. Back in 2018-2019 REI and others refused to carry Vista's outdoor brands and pressured them to divest from their firearm brands. Like Mark from MA said, there was a huge boom in outdoor gear sales during COVID but worker shortages and supply chain issues delayed manufacturing and delivery. The pipeline was empty spring/summer 2020 so many manufacturers, distributors and retailers missed opportunities. Then the manufacturers overshot production, the boom ended and everyone cancelled their back-orders so now there's a ton of inventory in the pipeline that isn't moving.

This has the potential to be a horrible deal for gun owners.

The company buying them owns FIOCCHI. So now we get even more ammo manufacturer consolidation.

That consolidation can go both ways.

Looks like Vanderbrink will continue to lead it. We all remember that guy.

Russia imports are banned by our buddy Biden. Now he just needs to say Czech ammo is banned as well.

And let's ignore the civilian perspective for a moment. This can't be good for our military neither. We don't have enough domestic production already. With all this going overseas, we could have a big problem.

Okay...I did a search for Vista and nothing popped. I'm innocent on this one 😎

Russia imports are banned by our buddy Biden. Now he just needs to say Czech ammo is banned as well.

And let's ignore the civilian perspective for a moment. This can't be good for our military neither. We don't have enough domestic production already. With all this going overseas, we could have a big problem.

And this is why people should be stockpiling reloading components in addition to ammo. A foreign company owning 70% of U.S. ammo production is not a good thing, especially when its motive for buying these companies is to produce more ammo for military uses around the world, we are going to be SOL at some point. Seems like a foreign company owning 70% of the production of anything in the U.S. would not be allowed, but in this case nobody stopped it, this was all orchestrated by Biden/Dems to limit the amount of ammo available to civilians in the U.S.

Last edited:

Even though it is a dupe ...

We don't know how they will set up the corporation. They might spin a child corporation based in the U.S and be fine.

Also, if the U.S govt gave a sh*t, they would have stepped in, like so many other times when companies go through acquisitions.

Vista f*cked Americans. Think about that next time you buy something from one of their companies. I think they deserve a boycott. I get it, theu sre a private Corp, can do what they want. Except with certain items, it f*cks people over.

Vista f*cked Americans. Think about that next time you buy something from one of their companies. I think they deserve a boycott. I get it, theu sre a private Corp, can do what they want. Except with certain items, it f*cks people over.

Can the two threads be merged? This one and:

This has been in the works for years. Vista is a huge holdings company that owns 30-40 smaller brands in the shooting, outdoor, hiking, bicycling industry. They've bought and sold firearm brands in the past. Back in 2018-2019 REI and others refused to carry Vista's outdoor brands and pressured them to divest from their firearm brands. Like Mark from MA said, there was a huge boom in outdoor gear sales during COVID but worker shortages and supply chain issues delayed manufacturing and delivery. The pipeline was empty spring/summer 2020 so many manufacturers, distributors and retailers missed opportunities. Then the manufacturers overshot production, the boom ended and everyone cancelled their back-orders so now there's a ton of inventory in the pipeline that isn't moving.

Pretty much this.

Top 10 ammo brands ordered by parent company:

1. **Vista Outdoor Inc.**
- Brands: Federal Premium Ammunition, Remington (ammunition segment), CCI, Speer
- HQ: Anoka, Minnesota

2. **Olin Corporation**
- Brands: Winchester Ammunition
- HQ: Clayton, Missouri

3. **Hornady Manufacturing Company**
- Brands: Hornady
- HQ: Grand Island, Nebraska

4. **Clarke Capital Partners** (through Sierra Bullets)
- Brands: Sierra Bullets, Barnes Bullets
- HQ for Sierra: Sedalia, Missouri
- HQ for Barnes: Mona, Utah

5. **Nosler, Inc.**
- Brands: Nosler
- HQ: Bend, Oregon

Michal Strnad is the owner and CEO of Czechoslovak Group a.s. (CSG), an industrial holding company that is involved in the production of various items including ammunition, special army trucks, army vehicles, and active radars1.

IMG_5724.jpeg

He inherited the company from his father, Jaroslav Strnad, in January 201823. Since then, under Michal Strnad's leadership, the company has continued to grow and recently reported a record profit for the year 20224. The transition of ownership to Michal marked the continuation of CSG as a family-owned business, which is one of the largest of its kind in the Czech Republic2.

There are claims suggesting a connection between the CIA and the Czechoslovak Group (CSG) concerning arms supply. Most of the arms business in the Czech Republic, involving the Czechoslovak Group (CSG) headed by Jaroslav Strnad and his son Michal, is alleged to play a part in the CIA's covert weapons supply to Kosovo1.

Last edited:
So basically the CIA will soon have access to most ammunition sales info in the United States. And potentially control the supply.

Oh, and let’s take a look at who else is involved.

IMG_5723.jpeg

I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Last edited:
How does this complicate things with a foreign owner now? Im assuming the actual production will stay in the US, but will the Feds be able to play games with that production because the owner is a foreign entity?

How does this complicate things with a foreign owner now? Im assuming the actual production will stay in the US, but will the Feds be able to play games with that production because the owner is a foreign entity?
My company is French owned now and we have a ton of regulations that were put in place. I imagine it will be something similar

So basically the CIA will soon have access to most ammunition sales info in the United States. And potentially control the supply.

Oh, and let’s take a look at who else is involved.

View attachment 811224

I’m sure it’ll be fine.
if soros was so inclined to damage the firearms industry he could dip into his pockets and buy just about every major player all in one go and just close them. Same really goes for bloomberg.

Back
Top Bottom