Unattended storage in auto

The question on the Jeep is a good one. I have my two-gun safe bolted to the floor of my trunk. For the Jeep, FourSeasons has the one gun case with cable (shown in the early part of this thread) for only $29. I think I will get one of them for myself, just for traveling, hotel rooms and rental cars.

And keeping my guns stored in my car, legal, is not my real worry. I follow the law all the time. But for the simple reason I don't want anyone running off with my gun with (or without) the "legal, locked case" it is in.

If someone steals my stereo out of my car, I have insurance. No big deal. But for my gun, it is a big difference. As stated many times on this forum, it is the "unsuitability" clause of the LTC A ALP that we don't want to EVER deal with. To have a gun stolen and then declared unsuitable by my chief for my LTC A ALP, and have it revoked forever is a very strong motivation for my proper gun storage.

My 2 cents....

traveler57 said:
...To have a gun stolen and then declared unsuitable by my chief for my LTC A ALP, ...
My 2 cents....

Are you somehow linking a stolen gun (stolen FROM you, not BY you) to not getting your license renewed? Or do you mean something else?

Yes, it has been mentioned a few times here and other places that you could be considered irresponsible and unsuitable if you "allowed" someone to steal your gun. i.e. YOU should have been "more responsible, taken better precautions, had better locks, etc." And in a town with a tough chief, you could risk not being renewed. I think my chief is pretty good guy, but I still would never want to risk my LTC, period. Actually that would be much, much worse than a simple $1000 fine.

Just look at the case of the poor guy in Dedham when his coat was blown open (accidently) by the wind, and a passing LEO saw his CCW handgun for a brief second. His LTC is (was?) in jeopordy.

Maybe Darius can comment more on the latest status of that case.

traveler57 said:
Just look at the case of the poor guy in Dedham when his coat was blown open (accidently) by the wind, and a passing LEO saw his CCW handgun for a brief second. His LTC is (was?) in jeopardy.

Maybe Darius can comment more on the latest status of that case.

It is my understanding this case is still under appeal.

Darius

Back
Top Bottom