• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police be wilding out here (improper storage)

◦Com. v. Parzick, 64 Mass. App. Ct. 846, 850 (2005)
◦"secured" means that "the container must not merely be locked, but securely locked ... [i.e.,] maintained in [a] locked container[] in a way that will deter all but the most persistent from gaining access.“
Reading further:
Even a door locked with a key is not secure if the key is hanging next to the lock. Assuming the defendant's bedroom to be a container, and further that it was locked at the time of the theft, [Note 4] the defendant was in violation of G. L. c. 140, § 131L, because the lock was easily defeated by anyone with access to a bobby pin and did not prevent ready access by anyone other than the lawful owner.
If any lock that can be picked is no good for storage then it's impossible to comply with the law.

Reading further:

If any lock that can be picked is no good for storage then it's impossible to comply with the law.
I just hope our leftist overlords never hear about the Lock Picking Lawyer on YouTube who can get through any lock in seconds. :oops:

If the LPL ever becomes the standard, we will all be guilty of "Improper Storage" and nothing we can do about it. :(

I just hope our leftist overlords never hear about the Lock Picking Lawyer on YouTube who can get through any lock in seconds. :oops:

If the LPL ever becomes the standard, we will all be guilty of "Improper Storage" and nothing we can do about it. :(
But yerhoner, the government prevented me for getting a Kama Mas X-11 or S&G 2740B for my safe.

Back
Top Bottom