I open carried in Boston today

The late L. Neil Smith would shake his head at many of you.

Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission.
Someday to demonstrate that principle -- before I'm lying on my deathbed in a hospital with green plastic tubes up my nose, before arthritis sets in and I have to do it on crutches -- I intend to walk the length of Manhattan Island with a handgun openly on my hip, unmolested by any freelance or official parasite

Yeah, except exercising that “right” lands you in jail. So how’s that a right? It’s more like a right with a ton of conditions attached.

Yeah, except exercising that “right” lands you in jail. So how’s that a right? It’s more like a right with a ton of conditions attached.
We are at the point where a right is whatever the police state allows you to do. It varies from case to case, person to person etc. The Constitution was a document for the people but the people have abdicated the responsibility to defend it. It means little at this point. Just quaint words. A handful of heros did attempt to support it on Jan 6, 2021 but most wound up in prison.

If everyone open carried, and open carrying was normalized, then it wouldn't be a big deal. But it will never become normalized because of illogical opinions like this.
Are you advising that it would be a good idea for me to carry a loaded SBR on a sling in public to assert my legal right to do so?

Are you advising that it would be a good idea for me to carry a loaded SBR on a sling in public to assert my legal right to do so?

Are you now just making stuff up? I know you aren't this dense so obviously you are recognizing the foolishness of your arguments if you are resorting to stuff like this.

I'm clearly advising nobody of anything. I am saying your whole "don't exercise your rights because they might be taken away" argument is as illogical as it is stupid.

reductio ad absurdum

I think it’s more like “Don’t attempt to exercise rights you may think you have unless you’re confident that the mob around you and the criminal justice system at whose discretion you walk free will allow you to exercise them. Unless you have the wallet and the stomach for the fight(s) of course. ”

I think it’s more like “Don’t attempt to exercise rights you may think you have unless you’re confident that the mob around you and the criminal justice system at whose discretion you walk free will allow you to exercise them. Unless you have the wallet and the stomach for the fight(s) of course. ”

I get that. You know what happens when people just submit to that mob? Has it ever worked out well? And importantly, is "just complying" a valid argument against exercising a right?

I shouldn't have to tell people, though obviously I do because a ton of people here clearly aren't understanding; it's not the exercising of rights that leads to losing them, it's voluntarily giving them up leads to them being lost forever.

Open carry never interested to me. With the recent advent of the microcompact 9mm doublestack 10rd category, it's hard to argue that conceal carry is a burden. Pocket-carry 9's are more accessible than ever. As a personal rule, I veer towards staying under the radar of unwanted attention.
I'll 2nd that. I'm not going to give OP shit because I really don't care one way or the other but my personal preference is to play by gray man rules.

Should’ve added I was also conceal carrying at the time too! I had one Glock in my Enigma concealed and the other on my hip 😊.

For what? So you will get attention? Part of being mature is not wanting to draw attention to oneself. When there is not one good thing that can come from a behavior but only negative things the mature intelligent course is to avoid it.
We can say that but at the same time if his narrative is correct he actually didn't draw any attention and that was kind of the point of the exercise. In a bizarre way he's functionally no different than the half asleep security guard that I used to see on commuter rail all the time who carried this revolver in a shoulder holster openly.... nobody cared. Would I do it? No. Not even if the odds are long.

I've never heard of someone getting arrested or charged for oc who was licensed. Under what law? There's "suitability/suitability suspension" issues but that's not even really a criminal process.

I've never heard of someone getting arrested or charged for oc who was licensed. Under what law? There's "suitability/suitability suspension" issues but that's not even really a criminal process.

It’s the whole bringing the man into your life thing. Maybe you walked past some charter school without realizing it. Maybe someone gets in your face about it and starts trying to get physical. Maybe the cop doesn’t know the laws. In MA - at least eastern MA - you’re asking for trouble. I get principles and even making a point, but to say people don’t notice or care, or that open carrying is without risk, isn’t accurate.

Whenever I’ve been asked to teach a firearms class as an associate instructor, I’ve always said “yes it’s legal. No, it’s not wise.” The crime of assault could be putting a “reasonable person”in fear of imminent danger. With many police officers being ignorant of the law, why would anyone take a chance of getting jammed up only to be “within their rights”? I could foresee thousands in legal fees before that gets resolved. Unfortunately we’re not in a free state.

I’ve also been of the opinion that open carry remains legal in Massachusetts for people like armored car guards.

Lastly, what would you do if confronted by a real tough guy? The kind of guy who sees your display as an affront to his dominance would, without a word, walk up on you, sucker punch you, and beat you stupid with it? You wouldn’t have time to react. Keep it concealed and you will always have the tactical advantage.

Then again, I have a son who’s 22 who has all the answers and rarely listens to me.
What if someone with really big muscles and a tank top walks by me and scares me, I could be in intimate danger! Lol
Just kidding, carry on, no pun intended 😜

Some interesting editing going on here. If you don't stand by what you say, then don't say it. Editing it out later is pathetic.

I have the right to walk down the street in Roxbury, screaming the N word, and flashing wads of $100 bills without being harassed. I'd be mind bogglingly stupid to do so.

Open carry is insane, but it should be legal to protect a concealed carrier from being arrested for flashing if the wind blows open a jacket.

Lmao.

I don’t live on NES 🤣. Besides check my post history. I am quite reputable and wouldn’t bs this. I promise you I’m not making this up.

You should have approached one of the BPD officers you mentioned that you passed and asked him/her to take your photo. Pictures can be a better way to prove a point. In fact, should have had that officer's partner in the photo with you!

At least, that's my suggestion for the next time you do this.

Lmao.

I don’t live on NES 🤣. Besides check my post history. I am quite reputable and wouldn’t bs this. I promise you I’m not making this up.

People who are truly reputable don't need to advertise it.

Others would do it for you.

IF it were true.

YMMV.

Rosa Parks was a hand picked activist acting as a provocateur to get a case with standing before a friendly court.

This clown is a patsy in waiting to get more unconstitutional bullshit rammed up the Commonwealth’s inmates asses as some Wellesley Karen freaks out on the way to sterilizing her kids.
Yeah there was a young lady
Here defense was dropped by civil rights groups because she wasn't a good defendant being 15, pregnant and single. OP needs to be certain his poop doesn't stink or be very wealthy because a public defender in MA in this day and age isn't going to do anything for a straight white male.

I believe in open carry to extent. Mainly it “protects you” from violating some “law”
Or notion that the gun must remain concealed.

I open carry in NC at times no one cares. I mostly do it on my property I rent as it’s become a hobby collecting old Safariland and strong leather owb and duty holsters.

I also open carry in Denton area (sort of NH like).

However most of the times it’s concealed IWB or OWB and I don’t care if I’m printing as much in NC. I really don’t. In MA I was paranoid I mostly carried the S&W 3913, j frame or Sig P365.

3 types of open carriers in NC.

The first is the most common the one with the cheap nylon holster usually a high point or Taurus or SCCY this can be someone of any background. Or a FOBUS with maybe a Glock. Bonus points if it’s a “chest holster” or open carry shoulder holster. I’ve seen all this here. What’s funny is many are well off driving nice cars etc.

The 2nd type is the man from the hood he usually just puts the small gun or large gun in their pocket or sweatpants bonus points if it has the extended mag.

The 3rd is somewhat rare someone who carries in a decent holster, sometimes even a retention holster at that point I wonder if they are the police,

Open carry of a hand gun to prove a point doesn’t matter no one cares not even my liberal “colleagues”.

I wouldn’t do it in Massachusetts and when I’m outside farm country or at church I never do it. I mainly do it because I can.

IMG_7696_Original.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5213.jpeg
    IMG_5213.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4701_Original.png
    IMG_4701_Original.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
No they’re not. The roster only applies to handguns purchased directly from an FFL. Otherwise everyone on r/maglocks is a criminal.
If you puchase a non-roster gun from an FFL, the FFL is in violation of the law - not you.

If you purchase a gun the AG denounces as not compliant, you are the VICTIM of an unfair and deceptive trade practice.

Well now that you have solved the OC issue in MA, hop on a Jet Blue flight to Florida and straighten this state out for us mere mortals.

I'm not surprised nobody cared, OP.

MA folks are conditioned that if they see a holstered gun on an otherwise non-threatening-looking person, dressed reasonably decently, they will assume it's a cop or some other sort of "authorized" person.

It's one of the reasons I stopped caring, early on, about whether I was printing or if my shirt rode up a bit, or whatever. People will rationalize whatever they need to in order to make them happier. If they have to believe it's fine for the OP to be carrying open, they'll invent a reason that makes it fine for the OP to be carrying open.
Just yesterday I was shopping in East Springfield on Boston road at Lowes and Harbor Freight. There was a guy in the parking lot dressed plain clothed leaning up against a car smoking a cigarette. He was open carrying.

It caught my attention as I was walking into the store, it caught my wife's attention also as she waited in the truck. There was a bank nearby and she said she noticed him hold the door open for some customers as they entered the bank. He was obviously private security working for the bank and taking a smoke break as we pulled in. We sat there for awhile and people just walked by going into the stores and while they must of noticed (I did catch a few glances) nobody reacted.

Picton is correct, people in MA are conditioned to believe that anyone who has a gun strapped to their side is an undercover cop or in someway "authorized".

I 100% believe the OP's story, but I don't have the balls to try it myself.

The late L. Neil Smith would shake his head at many of you.

Every man, woman, and responsible child has an unalienable individual, civil, Constitutional, and human right to obtain, own, and carry, openly or concealed, any weapon -- rifle, shotgun, handgun, machinegun, anything -- any time, any place, without asking anyone's permission.
Someday to demonstrate that principle -- before I'm lying on my deathbed in a hospital with green plastic tubes up my nose, before arthritis sets in and I have to do it on crutches -- I intend to walk the length of Manhattan Island with a handgun openly on my hip, unmolested by any freelance or official parasite

I agree with this in principle. Do you know if he ever did it?

Back
Top Bottom