The most controversial thought ive ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to be sorry, it's just horrible you have such thoughts embedded in your mind. To relinquish your arms just because you just think an AWB may happen is foolish. You should have just went to bed.

Guys im sorry for the meltdown. And i hope my thinking reverts back to normal.
Please express what this legislative threatening has done to you to your representative. Write, call, email, etc...

Let them know draining, and anguishing it has been to ponder choosing between leaving the state or face being treated like a criminal this process has been.

These attacks on gun owners have been deeply personal, whether they realize it or not and they need to be called to task for exploiting a tragic situation for their gain by proposing their usual laundry list of civil rights infringements that have nothing to do with the Newtown shootings.

Guys im sorry for the meltdown. And i hope my thinking reverts back to normal.

you shouldn't have posted this in the meltdown / daddy issues forum. the general discussion would have leg-humped you all night long.

sooooo, what are you selling and how much do you weigh? i'm looking for a booty call.

If firearm ownership is just an interesting hobby to you , like owning a boat , or playing paintball - then sell them off and put your money into the next thing that amuses you.

Your dad and medical friend, who seem to have important options to you , maybe more important than your own , are arguing that your natural rights , protected by the Bill of Rights aren't worth antagonizing the Lefties.

And you are half convinced they are right. You seem like a nice person , sell them off , buy something nice for yourself , and leave that whole Freedom thing to other people.

To be honest to protect my family from a civil suit , i would rather be carried . Call it fear , and this messed up hammering from the media . And the talks with work colleagues. Its quite frightening to think about it. Believe me its not a thought that has ever been there before until my father hammered me on the topic as well as an anesthesiologist.

It's mentally retarded is what it is. The odds of you having to shoot someone are pretty small to begin with. The odds of actually getting wailed in a civil suit in an aftermath are even smaller. (Particularly given that, for most people, on the criminal end, they'll probably use up a new car to a house worth of savings defending themselves on the criminal side. ) It's ayoob glue fumes- he (and others) like to scare people to sell books or whatever. If you have enough that a lawyer is interested in stealing it, protecting it legally is probably a triviality. That's the way I look at it, at least. Unless you have kids or a weird position in a trust with a lot of money in it, or an estate that's the same, most people don't have a net worth high enough that non contingency fee attorneys will glom on to.

If you actually have "that much" that you're an attractive target, talking to a good lawyer might be helpful.

-Mike

you shouldn't have posted this in the meltdown / daddy issues forum. the general discussion would have leg-humped you all night long.

sooooo, what are you selling and how much do you weigh? i'm looking for a booty call.

[rofl]

Why do you hate fat people so much tonight?

Before you come to your senses, do you have any pre ban 9mm glock mags? I need some 33 rounders for mynThureon Defense.

Keep at least one handgun and ammo. If you feel you will not use it, don't carry, keep it locked up.

Im imaging selling everything i own to fund college due to the pressure of finances and also the backlash i would face even if i had to use a gun in a justifiable defensive encounter.

That is one hell of a sentence! You mention that you are thinking of selling your collection to finance college. I get that, people sell other belongings to fund college all the time. But then you lump in this "cost of defending yourself" aspect. If you are concerned about this, you don't have to carry. See what it feels like. You should also keep in mind that it is not always about defending yourself, but potentially defending others close to you. I feel I am more protective of those close to me than I am of myself. If I could have prevented harm to them but didn't, I would inconsolable. I wish you luck on this path, but make sure you are comfortable with you.

If you are justified, it won't matter how many toothbrushes are needed to clean that clowns brain out of your stucco cieling, you won't be fried. Believe it or not, even in Mass, the justice system usually works. Being dead sucks.

Mike

Future Freedom Fighter? or Future Slave? Choose wisely.

AAAACxTlr2wAAAAAAce_iw.jpg

I would suggest you go to college in free America. Yes locally NH did pass a law that provides civil immunity for the justifiable use of force, but there are also many states that provide the same protection, off the top of my head I know FL, GA, and I believe TX all provide the same civil immunity. As luck would have it most of the states that have such protections also have more gun owners, so you would be more comfortable in such a place. The country is a big place you don't need to limit yourself to someplace so oppressive.

This too shall pass.

These are bad times right now. It's tough to be surrounded by moonbats. But it's time to take a stand. Perhaps it's better to just let it happen.

Fear is a primary motivator in any animal including Humans... giving into it is not a protected position.

Why do you keep repeating anesthesiologists like it means a goddamn thing about that person's credibility on this subject?

Why did you post this thread? So we can all try and talk you out of it? Sell all your guns... it won't bother us. You and all your friends can talk in hushed tones later about that time you used to own guns, and it can go back to being the taboo it once was for you.

I'm sure you'll do just peachy with a knife. A regular amazon she warrior.

Alert , meltdown coming .

Tonight im actually thinking, is it a good time to be a gun owner right now. I find myself thinking how a anesthesiologist friend is thinking at this moment. Im imaging selling everything i own to fund college due to the pressure of finances and also the backlash i would face even if i had to use a gun in a justifiable defensive encounter. Im not made for jail lol in a grave maybe .its quite interesting thinking maybe i could get by with my knives ..

Ok, I was going to bed, but I had to respond to this one: The game is over, and you have lost. Rather, you have given it away. I don't mean that in any kind of offensive way, and you will need to decide, should it come to that, what you'll do, but when your basic survival instinct has been overwhelmed by the concern about the consequences of being alive, you are in a very dangerous place. Sadly, this is not uncommon. Many, many people allow themselves to be victims rather than take ownership for the act that will keep them alive and intact.

I am certain that the victim mentality is set for many of us. I don't know what needs to happen for people to wake up, or if it can even happen, but consider that the people who are ostensibly protecting us hope to, with the stroke of a pen, render all of us dangerous criminals (Yes, you, posting on NES in your jammies!) while doing absolutely nothing to get rapists, gang bangers, and thieves off the streets. Maybe the allure of the safety of our homes and our stuff is too strong, we don't want to risk it. But keep in mind that they are coming for your guns first. They come for everything else afterwards.

And the talks with work colleagues. as an anesthesiologist.

I can't talk to anesthesiologists anymore, they just put me to sleep.

Suggest getting some and then rethinking.

Your decision is your own and everyone has to do what they feel they can live with.

Have to say though, wish I could take back decisions I made when too tired from a long stressful day full of conversations I did not want to have.

Is this thread for real?

Or is she just drunk? I think I need a drink now after reading that.

Is this thread for real?

Or is she just drunk? I think I need a drink now after reading that.

Shit I'm drunk and I still don't understand this bs. She either is posting under someone else, is working for the state, or will lose many friends if she keeps her guns.

Only attention whores who feel the need to talk about everything they own and do lose friends over shit they own. If you just keep your mouth shut, it isn't an issue with anyone. Then, again, attention whores are what they are because they can't keep their mouths shut.

Why do you keep repeating anesthesiologists like it means a goddamn thing about that person's credibility on this subject?
Well, if there's one group of people who know how to worry all night about being sued into poverty after killing somebody, it'd be anesthesiologists.

um, ah, yah.....
i just parted ways with a friend (term used loosely) who is so terrified of guns and the "violence they cause" (her words) that she refused to look at them and told me she would never set foot or let her children set foot in my house because i "might have one in the house that could go off...". i completely fail to understand this mindset. qb, you own guns, so obviously you were unafraid at some point. why would a coworker's opinion change that? i say keep the guns and if you are really afraid of an awb or some sort of confiscation, well, jump off that bridge when you get to it. in the meantime it would probably be in your best interests to keep word of your collection to yourself and to not ask "should i sell my guns because i am fearful of x ?" on a forum populated with people wondering when go time is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom