• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ever think about thinning the herd?

No thinning of my firearm collection for selfish reasons.
When/if we end up living in Mad Max times, I could sell my anti-gun neighbor a rifle for 4X what it is worth.
A written signed statement saying that the 2nd amendment is a life saver, and he will get one 10 round magazine.
Training on how to use it will be extra.
So he can shoot you? No way. Trust few, observe many.

Absolutely not. I will never sell a gun again. In my past I’ve had to sell guns due to financial issues and miss those guns dearly. They weren’t anything special, except to me.

On the same side of the coin, I’m very discerning with what I buy now. Everything has a purpose, regardless of what for. Fun, hunting or other. So I end up putting a lot of thought and research into each purchase and I don’t make many each year. Only two to three. Mainly because there is usually a lot of stuff that I get to go with each purchase.
Same.

I’m not impulsive in what I buy, so thinning is likely not in my future, my current strategy is to focus on adding anything that will become unobtanium that I want, should we have frame transfer restrictions in the future. I also try to avoid adding new calibers if they would be redundant, excluding something that I really want or something collectible. All that said, my wife asked me last night if she should expect a new safe soon…

I have a policy that when I go shooting I replace the ammo I used by a minimum of 2.5x (ie shoot 100 rounds, buy 250 rounds minimum), helps me grow my supply while maintaining my base

Back
Top Bottom