• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suggestions for my first 1911.

IMO in that price range why not try hunting down a used Ruger P345, even if it costs a bit more.... I'm not a huge fan of ruger semis, but there are a couple of constants with those guns... actually 4 constants....

-They're cheap
-They're built like brick outhouses and usually work
-Re the above- damned things last FOREVER.
-In the rare event you get one that doesn't work, Ruger will make it right, even
if you're not the original owner....

-Mike

I will probably do that. I hadn't seen one before, so I was unaware of them. I liked the Millenium, so I figured I would try to find another. I didn't know you could find a used Ruger that cheap. I am open to anything in 45ACP, as I plan on a 1911 at some point and would like to handload for it. So practicing on another would make me better by the time I get my 1911. I know the loads will be different for best accuracy, but at least be the same caliber.

yeah, i dont think you will find anything in 45acp at that price range that you would be happy with.

can't really blame the shop on the sale. IMO, unless you gave the guy money already or you were a shop regular, i can't seem them really holding anything at the moment.

you can however pick up a nice SP101 for around that price. nice carry piece and fun to shoot.

I have a ruger P85 (9mm) and as ugly as it is, it is freaking reliable as all hell. fwiw

can't really blame the shop on the sale. IMO, unless you gave the guy money already or you were a shop regular, i can't seem them really holding anything at the moment.

you can however pick up a nice SP101 for around that price. nice carry piece and fun to shoot.

I gave the shop half down and told him I would be back the next day, and was there with cash in hand. I was refunded, but left extremely pissed off. A friend that came with me was also going to purchase a handgun, and when he saw the way I was treated, he walked out with me. We also planned to spend $200 on ammo between us. So, in that one action he lost $1000, as my friend was going to buy a $550 Glock. You tell me if he messed up or not? Losing 2 customers for life to sell a gun a few hours sooner just isn't good business. I have also told my other friends about this, as we all bought ammo there regularly, and thats about 6 more people he lost.

Stop all the fuss,look for a entry level S&W-1911 5-inch,either stainless or blued,i guarantee you will love it, and if you cant shoot good with this piece you should give up! It will be one of the funnest to shoot and definetely a go to gun when in need![smile]

Laid off yesterday, and had my gun sold on me today. I seriously give up!

Some unsolicited advice... wait until you get a new job man. Money for a weeks worth of groceries can be shot away under an hour at the range.

Treat yourself to the .45 when you get the job offer.

If you deposited money on the gun (1/2 the price) and you had agreement you would be in tomorrow with the rest to pick it up the dealer is an unethical jack ass.
Who was this?

I would rather not say. He already lost $1000 from his little stunt, I feel we are even now. In this economy a bad reputation can cost you your business, and I don't want to be responsible for that. I hope he learned from this, as he has a very small shop, and $1000 goes a long way to paying bills. He was rather upset when my friend ripped up the paperwork to buy his Glock, and when we left $200 in ammo on his counter. Also, it wasn't the owner that sold the gun, it was an employee. The owner was just as shocked it was gone as I was.

I would rather not say. He already lost $1000 from his little stunt, I feel we are even now. In this economy a bad reputation can cost you your business, and I don't want to be responsible for that. I hope he learned from this, as he has a very small shop, and $1000 goes a long way to paying bills. He was rather upset when my friend ripped up the paperwork to buy his Glock, and when we left $200 in ammo on his counter. Also, it wasn't the owner that sold the gun, it was an employee. The owner was just as shocked it was gone as I was.

Ok I understand and respect that.

Little disappointing that the owner didn't try to do something to make up for his employee's screw up but I agree that the immediate loss of other business served as a lesson and probably got the employee a good ass chewing. I'll bet he'll be putting sold tags on items in the future too...

He should have put a sold tag on it immediately, you should tell the name of the store, so other people dont get porked like you did...

Back
Top Bottom