Some questions about Boston Unrestricted LTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bean Town Dude-

Honestly- do you even have a LTC or is this all hype?

What firearm do you plan to open carry and print with?

Do you belong to a club (sportsman club, not a night club) where you can practice all the safety lessons you learned in your required firearms safety course? -OR- do you feel that regular live fire training with your firearm is not necessary and you will know what to do when the situation arises and $hit hits the fan?

I’m thinking maybe you should show-off and open carry, perhaps on a busy day in an area of big crowds or a bank etc. That would quickly put this issue to rest and we could all move on when your license gets yanked.

Inquiring minds want to know!
I like your sarcasm. I do not belong to a club, but I go to a range sometimes here in Boston. The only firearm I own is a Glock 17 handgun, and that is the one I wanted to carry and print

An unrestricted ltc is an unrestricted ltc. Op did not say his ltc states "for employment only" or anything like that which would then make it restricted. If his ltc doesn't have anything written on it stating it's for his dad's business he can carry it any time he wants.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I was surprised to hear that. Unrestricted is unrestricted ?

Thank you for the video. I watched it. Funny but I actually already own a “retention holster” and it’s the only holster I own. I’ve been carrying it on my hip and “printing” here in Boston. Folks are the range made me aware of a print and told me to be carful with that because if some old lady notices and gets scared and call the cops then I can lose my LTC. WTH?

So even if I shoot someone in self defense and it’s justified I will still get arrested? That is BS. I don’t even feel like carrying anymore.

So even if I shoot someone in self defense and it’s justified I will still get arrested? That is BS. I don’t even feel like carrying anymore.

The answer to your question is more than likely yes. You have to understand how the cops here in Massachusetts work. They think they know everything and they don’t think anyone can get one over on them. WRT anything gun you’re guilty until proven innocent. It’s what they do.

seriously?! You have been in MA way too long if you believe this BS. Holy f***! Am I glad I got out of that cesspool! You guys need to go find your balls if you ever had any.
Yeah, it could get REALLY crazy here. Like businesses being able to ban firearms under force of law, or guns being banned at bars.

Anyone who lives in a state like that needs to go find their balls, if they ever had any.

Not to suggest that obeying all laws is ever a bad idea, even if they are really dumb laws.
Funny how MA is an open carry state, but you can get in trouble just for “print”.//
I know two LCF holders who were identified as having a gun on them in stores in Boston. In the first case, a security guard asked him if he had a LCF. In the second case, it was a BPD officer. Once they produced the license it was "Carry on."

Former Commissioner Ed Davis, not considered a particular friend of gun owners, testified in a state house hearing where I was present that licensed gun owners "Commit very few crimes of any kind: nearly zero," in response to questioning.

Yeah, it could get REALLY crazy here. Like businesses being able to ban firearms under force of law, or guns being banned at bars.

Anyone who lives in a state like that needs to go find their balls, if they ever had any.
While I quoted your post my comments were directed at everyone in case that wasn't clear. Obviously it wasn't clear.

In TX guns are not banned at bars( ok full bars but not restaurants with bars if liquor revenue is under 51% of total) and seriously? This is what you think means people have no balls? How many times on NES have people posted "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING A DRINK IF YOU ARE CARRYING?" Very few businesses here actually ban the carry of guns. We can choose not to go to those places. We have open carry, have always had OC of long guns, no license subject to "chief's discretion" bullshit, no enormous wait times for your LTC, we have NO DUTY TO RETREAT, no revocation of license for stupid "pissing contests" and we haven't banned ANY plastic yet! SO yeah, I will take TX over people being afraid to "print" any day of the week.

Dude, you need to take Len-2A's class. Buy whatever gun you're going to carry and practice with it like your life depended on it

At least Boston is clear on who gets unrestricted: you're famous, own a business, doctor, lawyer etc..It's still BS though, a rich person's life isn't worth anymore than mine. If you defend yourself, I'd be worried about DA Rollins. She cares more about thugs than law abiding citizens.

How many times on NES have people posted "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING A DRINK IF YOU ARE CARRYING?"
That is because of MA court precedent that the .08 limit does not apply to carrying under the influence because "guns are more dangerous than cars" (the courts words, not mine).

But, unlike TX, there is no ban on carrying at places simply because they sell alcohol - no matter what % of the revenue it generates. MA also does not have binding signage as TX does for concealed (30.06) and open (30.07) carry. This is a byproduct of carrying being mainstream in TX and flying under the radar in MA.

Hi fellas. I’m new on here and had a couple of questions that I was curious about. I’m 26 y/o and I applied for LTC in Boston for first time last year and got unrestricted LTC. Do you guys have any idea if I keep unrestricted when I renew? Also, what’s the situation with carrying in Boston; can I sometimes open carry or if not is it at least OK to “print” or printing will get my license revoked? Thanks

Open carry in Boston would be socially acceptable in a few narrow circumstances:

*Police in uniform while on duty
*Private security in a clearly marked "SECURITY" or similar uniform
*If you're driving say a Brinks truck or in a vehicle all day and not interacting with members of the public

People unfamiliar with guns expect to see these folks on duty with guns. They do not expect to see a guy going up to an ATM or into a bank with an openly carried gun on his hip, in say Chinos and a polo shirt. This is Boston we're talking about, not Georgia.

Why would you want to open carry in MA? Seriously, you are only asking for trouble.

There are enough ways to CC without printing. Find one that works for you.

*Open carry in Mass as part of a job
*Open carry while in the woods
*Open carry on own property and you actually have a decent enough chunk of property so your neighbors can't see your every move - or hear your every move

There's plenty of reasonable situations in which to OC in Mass. But EDC in Boston isn't really an option unless you're some form of paid security.

That is because of MA court precedent that the .08 limit does not apply to carrying under the influence because "guns are more dangerous than cars" (the courts words, not mine).

But, unlike TX, there is no ban on carrying at places simply because they sell alcohol - no matter what % of the revenue it generates. MA also does not have binding signage as TX does for concealed (30.06) and open (30.07) carry. This is a byproduct of carrying being mainstream in TX and flying under the radar in MA.

While I agree with your legal assessment I don’t think it’s a complete “why” - most of the people braying that are doing it out of jingoservative puritanism or projecion.... not applicability wrt law. It’s “trendy” catchphrase among jingos to go “guns and alcohol don’t mix, not even a drop” regardless of the laws in play.

-Mike

I’m learning a lot from you guys. Appreciate all the replies. No open carry for me in Boston I guess, even though I thought it was OK because I googled MA gun laws and it said it’s legal (ma.gov website). I do, however plan on continuing with the “half ass concealment”. I have a holster that goes on my belt and when I’m carrying you can see the bottom part of the firearm sticking out from underneath my jacket/shirt (about 2 inches) and you can see a grip print pretty well. I am white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape... so perhaps people just make “assumptions” and don’t know that I’m just a “citizen” like they are.

I’m learning a lot from you guys. Appreciate all the replies. No open carry for me in Boston I guess, even though I thought it was OK because I googled MA gun laws and it said it’s legal (ma.gov website). I do, however plan on continuing with the “half ass concealment”. I have a holster that goes on my belt and when I’m carrying you can see the bottom part of the firearm sticking out from underneath my jacket/shirt (about 2 inches) and you can see a grip print pretty well. I am white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape... so perhaps people just make “assumptions” and don’t know that I’m just a “citizen” like they are.

giphy.gif

I don't know what your problem is, but you have to stop thinking you understand, and start listening (reading) what people here are saying.

Open carry is technically legal. But only *ONLY* technically, because any cop, ANYWHERE IN THE STATE. <-- note this part ANY COP, can rat your "poor behavior" out to the Boston cops, and they'll yank your licence. Then you'll have to report FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE that you've had your licence revoked. Every federal form about guns, every state form about guns. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS.

Mass is *NOT* an "open carry state", it's just that the law makes no specific distinction between concealed and open carry.

"half assed conceealment" is also a terrible idea. Do not half ass this. You're a f***ing idiot if you think that "half assed" is "good enough". It's not.

Get a good gun that hides well, get a good holster that hides it well, and keep it hidden. You gain *NOTHING* and risk everything by letting people know you're carrying a gun.

This isn't some video game where you can re-set when it all goes pear shaped. You get exactly one chance to get this right, and you'll be tested every time you leave the house.

If your gun is sticking out below your shirt, you've *FAILED*, that's not even half-assed, that's .... either fully-assed, or no-assed, whichever is worse. That's not even trying.

A full sized handgun like a Glock 17 is *hard* to conceal well.

Then you'll have to report FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE that you've had your licence revoked. Every federal form about guns, every state form about guns. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS.
The federal 4473 has no place to fill in information about an administrative non-criminal license revocation. Can you tell what federal form requires this?

• I’m learning a lot from you guys. Appreciate all the replies. No open carry for me in Boston I guess, even though I thought it was OK because I googled MA gun laws and it said it’s legal (ma.gov website). I do, however plan on continuing with the “half ass concealment”. I have a holster that goes on my belt and when I’m carrying you can see the bottom part of the firearm sticking out from underneath my jacket/shirt (about 2 inches) and you can see a grip print pretty well. I am white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape... so perhaps people just make “assumptions” and don’t know that I’m just a “citizen” like they are.

You: “Hey! NES! I’m really curious about something. Whaddya think?”

NES members: give their opinion over several days, and for once, almost all of them agree with each other.

You: “Cool! Hey, I really appreciate it. So I’ll just ignore all y’all and move on out, mmkay?”

Be safe out there, OP...

OP:

You're an adult, you can make your own decisions.

One decision that you made, was to come and ask people that are more knowledgeable and experienced, for advice.

Another decision that you've made, is to ignore the advice.

Now, we're all internet commandos, and you don't know us from Adam, but what I've gleaned from your previous posts is: Your training class was not very informative, or you didn't hear what you were told.

Carry openly, carry concealed, carry 50/50. It's all your choice. But, one request: take a selfie and post it, here, so that when you're on the 5:00 news, we can get a thrill by being able to say, "Hey! I know who that guy is!"

The federal 4473 has no place to fill in information about an administrative non-criminal license revocation. Can you tell what federal form requires this?

Nope. I can't.

I was thinking about other licenses and went too hyperbolic.

I like your sarcasm. I do not belong to a club, but I go to a range sometimes here in Boston. The only firearm I own is a Glock 17 handgun, and that is the one I wanted to carry and print
All you will end up with is a lot of trouble with the cops, loss of your firearms license and loss of your gun. Seriously, don't advertise the fact that you are carrying any weapon, not just a gun. Many cities in MA have laws that prohibit carrying knives with blades over 2.5". I removed the pocket clip from my 4" lockblade folder and carry it completely concealed in my back pocket. It does not "print" and I sure as hell don't want it to. Why give an overzealous cop probable cause to conduct a Terry frisk that will lead to an arrest, huge legal bills and a criminal record? Please, just use your head and be careful.

It sounds like someone got one too many participation trophies and thinks he’s special. Dude, look up “suitability” in these forums because there’s no way you’re going to “reason” your way out of that when you have a problem w LE for half-assing things. Go get some real training and lots of it; while you may have the right to carry you are nowhere near ready to do so.

Unsuitable= cop is having a bad day, and there you are.... OK, not quite that bad but close.

Seriously, think about it. Some triggered Lib tells a cop you were holding a gun. Cop stops you and finds a gun, in a holster. What do you think you can say that will keep you from being arrested? And based on the arrest alone you LTC will be revoked. Even if you are eventually found not guilty you may never get your LTC back and even if you do you will forever have to say it was revoked.

So much easier to just carry properly concealed.
The grey man approach works with or without a firearm. Let them underestimate you, let them not see you, these things can only work in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom