Some questions about Boston Unrestricted LTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done lots of research, actually. I’ve read up on some things here on NES. Some things people say are contradictory. It’s like you can open carry, BUT... it’s just tough doing that here in the city I guess, and that’s fine. I won’t do it anymore because I don’t want the trouble. I was, however, intrigued by the thought of “printing” so that others knows I’m carrying. I was under impression that if others know I’m carrying they will less likely f*** with me or try to rob me. Also, yes... “sense of entitlement”... I do want to show off that I have unrestricted... which according to you guys no one gets here in Boston. However, at this point I guess I will just stick to conceal carrying and stay out of trouble. I do not want any trouble. And I go to range like once a month. I go to BGRA in fields corner. I love it there.

Stop trying to reason with him let him do what he thinks is best for him . If he wants to carry with a gun showing below his shirt or jacket let him . This will be a great test case and maybe his father's business has really deep pockets to fight any problems that arize from his style of carry and possible consequences. This may be good for all of us depending on the outcome. I want to thank the OP in advance .

I have done lots of research, actually. I’ve read up on some things here on NES. Some things people say are contradictory. It’s like you can open carry, BUT... it’s just tough doing that here in the city I guess, and that’s fine. I won’t do it anymore because I don’t want the trouble. I was, however, intrigued by the thought of “printing” so that others knows I’m carrying. I was under impression that if others know I’m carrying they will less likely f*** with me or try to rob me. Also, yes... “sense of entitlement”... I do want to show off that I have unrestricted... which according to you guys no one gets here in Boston. However, at this point I guess I will just stick to conceal carrying and stay out of trouble. I do not want any trouble. And I go to range like once a month. I go to BGRA in fields corner. I love it there.
Dude, no one at NES says that you should open carry, city or outside the city.

I am not sure what you read, but I'm pretty sure it wasnt NES.

If you want to open carry, just do it. There is no law against it. Just be prepared to fight it in court.

Now, move on and stop trying to make sense of it.

"According to you guys"

On the contrary, we do not make the rules.

You don't know much about MA gun laws, or CC in general, yet your first gun is a G17....that you got in MA? Interesting.....

I also noted this and found it unusual.
My first license was back in the early 90s
before all the silliness started. When my family
was grown and out of the house I got back into
it in the early 2000s. It took me 18 months before
I got my first non-com firearm. I guess that’s
another story.

Ok.....what? Why do you want to show off that you have an unrestricted ltc? So your goofy friends can powder your sack while you trot down boylston street like john wayne?

I'm leaning more towards OP being a troll. Sorry man, I try to be nice and not pile on, but so many things aren't adding up. You don't know the first thing about firearm ownership yet found a way to get a G17 in MA....I don't buy it.

Also, people won't know you're carrying if you're "printing". Some very observant person or someone standing so close to you being a careless dumbbell would be the only way that would give it away.

Let me ask this to get it out of the way.....are you high writing these replies? lol my goodness....

No I’m not high and I’m serious. Also, I got a preban g17, it wasn’t an issue ... it’s a police trade in- they had 2 in stock.

Wait you have been open carrying ? Lol and you want to show off ? Ok troll, i think you should listen to everyone here and leave your pre ban at home and let the adults handle things... and stop posting dumb shit

No I’m not high and I’m serious. Also, I got a preban g17, it wasn’t an issue ... it’s a police trade in- they had 2 in stock.

I don’t know why everyone thinks a G17 is so unusual, my first pistol when I got licensed was a pre-ban Glock 17 too.

Four Seasons has them on the wall.

Dude, one more thing to think about: you said your dad has a shop and you help him and carry cash sometimes. Hypothetically, if a robber were to plan to rob the place, chances are he'd come by and scout it out ahead of time, look for cameras, alarms and such. So he spots your badly-concealed Glock, guess what happens when he comes back a few days later with friends? The fit young white guy with the Glock gets neutralized as soon as they come through the door. And maybe then they shoot everybody else, too. There's more at risk than your LTC when you advertise.

OP - be sure to open carry and show off your Glock each time you walk into a bank to deposit your dad’s money. Bank tellers love seeing firearms come through the door, it certainly puts them at ease.

OP - be sure to open carry and show off your Glock each time you walk into a bank to deposit your dad’s money. Bank tellers love seeing firearms come through the door, it certainly puts them at ease.
Well he said he’s a clean cut, white, in shape guy so they will just think he’s a cop so there won’t be any problems....because I guess all cops are clean cut, white and in shape according to him. lol this kid has gone full retard hahaha

I’m learning a lot from you guys. Appreciate all the replies. No open carry for me in Boston I guess, even though I thought it was OK because I googled MA gun laws and it said it’s legal (ma.gov website). I do, however plan on continuing with the “half ass concealment”. I have a holster that goes on my belt and when I’m carrying you can see the bottom part of the firearm sticking out from underneath my jacket/shirt (about 2 inches) and you can see a grip print pretty well. I am white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape... so perhaps people just make “assumptions” and don’t know that I’m just a “citizen” like they are.
images

Then you need to get a better holster (maybe an inside the waistband??), smaller gun? Different clothes to better conceal?

I’m learning a lot from you guys. Appreciate all the replies. No open carry for me in Boston I guess, even though I thought it was OK because I googled MA gun laws and it said it’s legal (ma.gov website). I do, however plan on continuing with the “half ass concealment”. I have a holster that goes on my belt and when I’m carrying you can see the bottom part of the firearm sticking out from underneath my jacket/shirt (about 2 inches) and you can see a grip print pretty well. I am white, young, clean cut and in great athletic shape... so perhaps people just make “assumptions” and don’t know that I’m just a “citizen” like they are.

Serious question:

Do you believe it’s a terrible idea, even though it 100% legal, to go into a police station and tell anyone and everyone that they’re corrupt pigs who are only a small step from Nazi prison guards?

After all, it’s your first amendment right, isn’t it?

Serious question:

Do you believe it’s a terrible idea, even though it 100% legal, to go into a police station and tell anyone and everyone that they’re corrupt pigs who are only a small step from Nazi prison guards?

After all, it’s your first amendment right, isn’t it?

Well, even though she was arrested, IIRC, the judge dismissed the case:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A56U0Mu9_6Y

So, I guess it would work out. [laugh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom