• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rant: Moonbat Judge

I remember one time Cpher (rip) told me that of you had a child in he car it would be different because you couldn't retreat. Basically he told me that you would be less likely to be charge for prematurely pulling a gun out if you had a child in the car.

Any court cases like this.
This illustrates why you need to understand the law. In order for the "I was protecting an innocent and could safely retreat", you need to be able to articulate such to establish that it was part of your mindset at the time of the incident.

This example would be especially true if someone was carjacking you, and giving up the car would also mean giving up junior.

Please tell me how, if someone is right on your ass, that brake checking them and causing them to rear end you if they aren't fast enough to hit their own brakes, is a way to defuse the situation? Tailgating is dangerous, but brake checking a tailgater is even more dangerous. How the hell do you not comprehend that??

I guess you have chosen this hill to die on, and by god, you're going to die on it. This is one area you are so goddamned wrong its funny, yet you want to keep going. Sometimes, you are better off giving up, just as you are letting an angry driver past you. Hopefully you learn that before you get dragged out of a car and get your ass kicked.
Brake checking does not mean slamming on your brakes. My brake lights come on before there is any noticeable deceleration if I lightly tap the brake pedal.

Then just keep driving the limit or 5 over and ignore them.
I'm not really okay with willfully remaining in a dangerous situation.

This illustrates why you need to understand the law. In order for the "I was protecting an innocent and could safely retreat", you need to be able to articulate such to establish that it was part of your mindset at the time of the incident.

This example would be especially true if someone was carjacking you, and giving up the car would also mean giving up junior.

Even if you can't articulate that idea, isn't it a better idea to just keep your mouth shut and wait for your attorney to arrive. You're not going to talk your way out of being arrested with any explanation you choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Brake checking does not mean slamming on your brakes. My brake lights come on before there is any noticeable deceleration if I lightly tap the brake pedal.

I'm not really okay with willfully remaining in a dangerous situation.

My father did that back when my parents had just gotten married circa 1972. Well, actually he romped on the brake with my mother in the car. Got a new car out of the deal. Said he thought a deer had crossed his path.

Even if you can't articulate that idea, isn't it a better idea to just keep your mouth shut and wait for your attorney to arrive. You're not going to talk your way out of being arrested with any explanation you choose.
Correct, but you cannot rely 100% on your attorney to know what to say. You need to understand the basics as even the most skilled attorneys can miss important nuances. After all, it's your butt on the line. There can be a big difference between an explanation offered at the first interrogation (w/attorney present) than one added later. Adding additional logic later can border on "changing or embellishing a story to make it look better". Oh yeah, I forgot to mention three months ago that my overriding concern was the safety of my son in the back seat.....

Saying the right thing may not "talk you out of it" but "creates evidence". You want to make sure any evidence you create is favorable. After all, you can't really call 911 and say "I need help, but can't tell you what happened or why I need help until my attorney gets here".

And "don't talk without an attorney" is not universal. If the subject threw a weapon in the bushes after you shot him, would you leave that unmentioned because your attorney wasn't present?

Last edited:
I'm no saint. I typically drive 5 over the limit on most roads, 7 over on the highway.

Breakin the law... Breakin the law. I think it was a Judas Priest song. LOL - Didn't have you pegged for the hell raising Brando type. [laugh]

When I was younger, I used to let road incidents get me fired up, but now I just let it go. I really mellowed out when I hit 40, or maybe it was 35. I have always driven trucks, and most people don't like to get behind them. I get it. I drive with the flow of traffic and if I am in the left lane and someone gets close to my bumper, I will move over if I can.

I actually think that carrying makes me much more tolerant. Even if I didn't draw, I really don't want to have that conversation with the responding officer about being licensed and it is on my hip, and please don't shoot me cuz guns make you nervous.
I do keep OC handy in my truck.

I have a fair amount of money tied up in my collection and really don't want to lose it because a jerk didn't use a blinker or drove to close to me. Life is to short.

Some of you driving "saints" must be the *******s going 35 straight through the 45, 40, & 30 mph zones and causing all of this road rage.

Honestly, read the ****ing signs on the road and take a defensive driving course.

Then shut the front door with the holier than thou attitude, it's making this thread reek of formaldehyde and BenGay.

No sainthood here, if I'm on a highway and someone wants to go faster than me, I'm pretty happy to get the **** out of the way, and i don't camp in the left lane, either. On top of that on most highways I'm going 6-8 over at a minimum usually, depending on the situation. (I used to drive somewhat faster but $4000 insurance premiums get old after awhile). There are some "revenue collection rhetoric" small towns in MA and NH where I peg the CC right on the limit because I don't trust those ****ers one bit, but that's not very common.

-Mike

Everyone's an expert when it comes to driving. Everyone going slower than you is a lane-hog and everyone going faster is a maniac. Just pay attention, don't do dick things, and that's really it.

The speed discussions always crack me up. MSP recently posted on FB about someone they caught doing 101mph and the comments were a lynch mob. It's pretty hysterical because it's all ignorance.

The speed discussion is particularly relevant because in most states (MA included), the speed limit of a given road is generally determined by the average speed of vehicles on that road.

Just sayin: If the sign says 45, YES you are a dick by driving 35-40 and YES you should not be surprised when you are tailgated by a Prius. When you are driving 65 in the middle lane on the Pike, you WILL be passed on the right and you probably will get buzzed. Don't be stupid: Drive safely. Driving safely means KEEPING WITH THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC.

Stupidity and willful ignorance causes more accidents and road rage than speeding.

They're supposed to carry out am engineering study to determine speed limits and yes, the determination is largely based ton average speeds. However, our roads either never had the study done at all or it was done in the 50s and 60s. It's perfectly safe for even remotely modern cars to go 100mph (depending on conditions) and, quite frankly, that's basically what I typically do if the highway is empty. The real problem is that speed limits have little to do with safety and a lot to do with revenue generation but we are the idiots that fall for the "speeding is dangerous" BS.

They're supposed to carry out am engineering study to determine speed limits and yes, the determination is largely based ton average speeds. However, our roads either never had the study done at all or it was done in the 50s and 60s. It's perfectly safe for even remotely modern cars to go 100mph (depending on conditions) and, quite frankly, that's basically what I typically do if the highway is empty. The real problem is that speed limits have little to do with safety and a lot to do with revenue generation but we are the idiots that fall for the "speeding is dangerous" BS.

Agreed that the cars can do it. But the human driver likely has the reflexes of a slug and the brain of a 4 year old and is texting, eating and having a smoke at the same time.

Remember how stupid the average person is? Now picture that average person and realize that HALF the population is even stupider.

Is there any other type of person who drives a Subaru ? I'm usually not one to care about "image", however, pretty much every liberal I have ever known drives a Subaru, I wouldn't drive one on principle, even if they are decent cars.

As a person that self identifies as a black, female lesbian, I take offense to that and need to go to my safe space, located in my Subaru.

The problem is that the joe public types that don't drive much don't really care and get sucked into that mindset. So joe and mary hairnet suck for all the stupidity like low speed limits, DUI checkpoints, all that bullshit. It's that bottom 55% of drivers that make the laws as shitty as they are.

-Mike

Agreed that the cars can do it. But the human driver likely has the reflexes of a slug and the brain of a 4 year old and is texting, eating and having a smoke at the same time.

Remember how stupid the average person is? Now picture that average person and realize that HALF the population is even stupider.

We keep having this conversation. Remember that for every person with an IQ of 115, there is one with an IQ of 95. For every 125, an 85. The range between 85 and 125 defines over 80% of the US population so life can be very frustrating if you are truly an outlier up in the 160's.

With lane departure warning, active cruise control, and even autopilot our cars are not what they once were and our highways are beginning to reflect that. I can easily hold 60 on an average on-ramp or exit and 70 on a good day. That isn't my driving, it's the car.

Highways are getting faster each year and most states have realized this. 85 mph limits will come.

Last edited:
We keep having this conversation. Remember that for every person with an IQ of 115, there is one with an IQ of 95. For every 125, an 85. The range between 85 and 125 defines over 80% of the US population so life can be very frustrating if you are truly an outlier up in the 160's.

With lane departure warning, active cruise control, and even autopilot our highways are not what they once wete

Did you by any chance mean "for every person with an IQ of 115, there is one with an IQ of 85. For every 125, a 75"?

That depends.
I see what you did there...

betty-white-people-in-tv-photo-u12.jpg

e.g.
IQ3.gif

I just increased the spread by 10. If you look at most charts, they are based on older data where the mid point was 100. Darwin seems to be raising the IQ of the gen pop as the current estimated average is around 105.

iq_distr.jpg

ANYWAYS... Most people are stupid and it sucks.

Last edited:

This version fits your math a little better:

6a00d83451df4569e201a3fce9ba57970b.jpg

Maybe they changed it when they went to the new maths a while back but they always told me 100 was the center. Not gonna lie, math was never my strong point and my major in music appreciation didn't really focus on psych, but that's how I remember it.

Got it. And people in the states with lower average IQ tend to earn less and are less likely to buy new cars with those controls. They would stay around the same and the more prosperous states with new cars would trend down to match. NOW it fits!

There is a critical flaw in your map though. It looks like the averages surrounding Washington DC are right around 100. With the concentration of politicians there it should be FAR lower than that. They'd ruin the curve for everyone.

Got it. And people in the states with lower average IQ tend to earn less and are less likely to buy new cars with those controls. They would stay around the same and the more prosperous states with new cars would trend down to match. NOW it fits!

There is a critical flaw in your map though. It looks like the averages surrounding Washington DC are right around 100. With the concentration of politicians there it should be FAR lower than that. They'd ruin the curve for everyone.

I'm with you on the whole interpretation and argument. You also missed the dilution of IQ as prosperous states attract FSA... Stupid really do people suck. Talk about brain drain... lol

Notice how low CA's IQ is? 95. AVERAGE!!!

With lane departure warning, active cruise control, and even autopilot our cars are not what they once were and our highways are beginning to reflect that. I can easily hold 60 on an average on-ramp or exit and 70 on a good day. That isn't my driving, it's the car.

Highways are getting faster each year and most states have realized this. 85 mph limits will come.
GRM did a test a while back where they raced a modern minivan against, I think, a Porsche 356 and an E-type Jag. The minivan killed them both in every performance test. Speed limits do not reflect the reality that cars are far, far more capable now than ever before. I accelerate for many off-ramps and 100mph cruising is incredibly easy and comfortable (as it should be, consider my car is limited to 155mph. Again, speed limits are just revenue generating cash cows these days and have nothing to do with safety. Furthermore, studies have repeatedly shown that most people cruise at 75-85 regardless of the speed limit or if there is even one present.

I didn't read all this. But are you smart or stupid for driving off a lot with a new car and taking an immediate depreciation hit?

lol Cars are an expense. Anyone who deludes themselves otherwise is stupid. The level to which someone is willing to pay that expense is not necessarily a measure of intelligence but of spending and expense tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom