• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Even judges are idiots in Mass.

rogersmithiii

NES Member

Moron.

Here is the decision in case anyone wants to peruse it.

It's about 38 pages. Basically the judge concluded that AR-style rifles and +10 capacity magazines are not protected under 2A because they are "dangerous and unusual", borrowing terminology from the Heller decision. It's the old "why does anyone really need these things?" argument. Furthermore he went along with AG Campbell's contention that AR-style rifles were the result of "dramatic technological changes" and both rifles and large capacity magazines can be banned due to "unprecedented societal concerns". This seems to be a real stretch.

The judge ignores the fact that most owners of AR-style rifles use them for peaceful purposes, predominantly target shooting. The ARs that the Commonwealth bans are all civilian versions of the original military rifles.

I hope the plaintiffs continue to pursue this case and not let one decision by a single judge dictate the ultimate outcome.

I guess this is a good a place as any for me to give my opinion of the AR. It is a fairly new platform for me because I waited to get out of Mass before acquiring one. I really had no interest in owning a bastardized version of this incredible piece of engineering.

It is not a black killing machine. It's actually a wonderful rifle. It's such a simple design, yet wonderfully complex, in that everything has been well thought out. The designer was obviously an avid gun guy and had identified everything that sucked about other guns.

First, it's stupid easy to take apart. For basic service you don't need a manual or a YouTube vid. No special tools. Couple of pins and poof, have at it.

It doesn't fail. It just works. Parts are interchangeable. It's basically a one design class for rifles.

It has a dust cover. Yes a dust cover. What a great idea!

Bolt didn't go in all the way? No problem, just push on the follower.

Want to add stuff? Pic rails, mlok holes everywhere... go to town.

And my most recent discovery. The magazine. The loading of ammo is ridiculously easy. No need for two hands, one to push down, the other to push it back. No struggling or need for some plastic load assist thingy. Just push straight down and in it goes to the proper spot every single time. Well, at least that's how it works with the 40 thirty round mags I own.... bawhahaha 😎

And I'm probably just scratching the surface. I'm only now starting to understand the genius behind the gas block and tube.

Personally, I think that is what the message should be. It's not a killie machine. It's a well designed RIFLE for the gun enthusiast.

Last edited:
For you Mr Saylor. You should NOT be a Judge in any court. What a f***ing pile of horse shit.

View: https://youtu.be/Ft5KtV2o0bw?t=2

The banned weapons “are unreasonably dangerous for ordinary purposes of self-defense due to their extreme lethality and high potential for collateral harm,” Chief Judge Dennis Saylor wrote in an order denying the gun rights group’s request to halt enforcement of the law.

The "different technology" argument that has been soundly rejected in regards to the 1A rears its ugly head:

“The features of modern assault weapons—particularly the AR-15’s radical increases in muzzle velocity, range, accuracy, and functionality—along with the types of injuries they can inflict are so different from colonial firearms that the two are not reasonably comparable,” the order said.

It's also interesting to see that increased accuracy is a justification for a ban.

Y'all really need to stop underestimating the opposition.

Consider. This case was filed in September of 2022, after NYSRPA. Everyone knows what the issues are and what the arguments would be. The plaintiffs had every motive to push for a quick ruling. Yet somehow, it's taken 14 months just to get a ruling on a preliminary injunction, during which time the ban stayed in effect. I don't think that's accidental or coincidence Saylor knew that whatever rationalization he used to make his ruling, the effect would be the same. The ban would continue. Presumably the plaintiffs will appeal, and even if the 1st circuit decides to accept an interlocutory appeal, they will rule de novo, based on their own biases and ability to cherry pick history and twist existing precedent.

So call Saylor a moron or an idiot as you will, but NAGR is still losing the time war.

Back
Top Bottom