• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Registration on Mass. Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtorts

NES Member
Query - If You Know: When registering a firearms on the Mass. Portal, specifically a 1911 model firearm with a 10 round magazine, do you check off "Yes" or "No", to the question if the firearm is a Large Capacity Weapon? Any in site is most appreciated. Thank you.

Did you purchase it new with a 10 round mag (as in the magazine is the factory specific magazine for that particular model)?
If the manufactures SKU shows it is delivered with a 10 rnd mag then, yes, high cap
If the the SKU links to a 7/8 round standard magazine being delivered with that particular magazine then no.

Did you purchase it new with a 10 round mag (as in the magazine is the factory specific magazine for that particular model)?
If the manufactures SKU shows it is delivered with a 10 rnd mag then, yes, high cap
If the the SKU links to a 7/8 round standard magazine being delivered with that particular magazine then no.

What if you have a standard 1911 but it comes with a 15rd stick-out-the-bum mag????

What if you buy a standard 1911 but it comes with a 7/8, but you have a 15rd SOTB mag at home already????

What if you buy a standard 1911, it comes with a 7/8, but you buy a 15rd SOTB 8 seconds after teh portal is closed??????

What if you have a standard 1911 but it comes with a 15rd stick-out-the-bum mag????

What if you buy a standard 1911 but it comes with a 7/8, but you have a 15rd SOTB mag at home already????

What if you buy a standard 1911, it comes with a 7/8, but you buy a 15rd SOTB 8 seconds after teh portal is closed??????
Did you read my post - or is my sarc meter out of calibration

Is mine? ROFL!!!!

I was piling on with the stupidity of MA gun laws.

I mean, I think back in the day you could get a kit to sorta-kinda 30-rd-removable mags for an SKS. It was pricey (not a SKS-D or whatever with the AK magwell) and clunky, but you could actually change mags AND have 30-rds. Was the SKS an assault weapon???? (Granted it had pre-94 exemption, but still. . . . )

The laws are written by people who get all of their firearms info from the gun grabbers and the latest ABC Movie of the Week. Imagine if they altered the building codes ONLY in relation to stuff they watched on Youtube fail videos and eco-terrorists. While they obviously lean left no matter what, people would be outraged by that. Same thing here.

When completing efa10s you should channel the dumbest, laziest gun owner you can imagine and fill it out as they would.
Absolutely......especially entering the serial numbers.

Try to imagine them looking at that little stamp without their reading glasses on, yeah...I think that's an 3 or an 8, or B..... whatever.....good enough.

Shotgun barrel length? Aren't they all 28"??

Query - If You Know: When registering a firearms on the Mass. Portal, specifically a 1911 model firearm with a 10 round magazine, do you check off "Yes" or "No", to the question if the firearm is a Large Capacity Weapon? Any in site is most appreciated. Thank you.
The answer is almost always no, it is not large capacity.

If it is listed on the large capacity roster, then the answer is yes.

While anything with a detachable magazine is considered large capacity under a plain reading of MGL 140 121 you would be mistaken to believe that this is true.

501CMR7 is a gem of a regulation that needs to be read as it redefines “capable of accepting a large capacity”. Unless the gun is on the large capacity roster or you POSSESS or have inserted into the gun a magazine with capacity over 10 rounds (5 for shotgun) it is not large capacity.

Also of note all pump, lever and bolt action weapons are not large capacity by definition regardless of fixed capacity or detachable mag capacity.

Absolutely......especially entering the serial numbers.

Try to imagine them looking at that little stamp without their reading glasses on, yeah...I think that's an 3 or an 8, or B..... whatever.....good enough.

Shotgun barrel length? Aren't they all 28"??
All guns are black
All shotguns have 18.5” barrels ( come on, 28? You FUDD. We only do tactical shotguns here)

Also of note all pump, lever and bolt action weapons are not large capacity by definition regardless of fixed capacity or detachable mag capacity.
So you could find a non-semi rifle with a fixed >10 round mag that isn’t a large capacity firearm but does have a large capacity feeding device and can’t be possessed. Makes sense 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom