taurus judge in ma

what is the official law on the taurus judge here in the peoples republic of mass? i would like to purchase one for home defense and range use only.. i have heard a number of different stories about this: that it's illegal to posses in ma, that its only illegal to carry (with shot shells) unless hunting but ok to have & that its perfectly legal to have. any help would be appreciated!

All legalities aside, it's a pretty crappy gun. The ballistics of 410 shotshells are pretty awful out of a short rifled barrel. It's really nothing more than a novelty / marketing gimmick.

All legalities aside, it's a pretty crappy gun. The ballistics of 410 shotshells are pretty awful out of a short rifled barrel. It's really nothing more than a novelty / marketing gimmick.

+1.... IMO it's an overrated snorefest.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think if I had a choice I'd rather have an FN FiveSeven. [rofl]

-Mike

wow, thanks for feedback. really not a good home defense gun? i figured it'd be good for close quarters and would pose low pass through wall risk with missed shots (not that i miss, lol). i am looking for a nightstand-safe handgun that i can put a flashlight laser combo on that would have big knockdown power. i have a reman'd glock22 there now but it doesnt have accessory rail.

The G22 is a much better choice than the judge. 15 rounds vs 5, faster reloading, easier to manage trigger. If you're dead set on the light, I'd look for a Gen3 G22.

think im gonna try & trade for a gen3. it just stinks because mine is in perfect, like new condition and has been a great pistol. most of what ive seen is used service guns that are beat to hell and still expensive. wish i could just add rail to mine but haven't seen a way that isn't cheesy.

think im gonna try & trade for a gen3. it just stinks because mine is in perfect, like new condition and has been a great pistol. most of what ive seen is used service guns that are beat to hell and still expensive. wish i could just add rail to mine but haven't seen a way that isn't cheesy.

It's a Glock so it honestly doesn't matter if it's beat to hell or not, but either way you should be able to find a G22 with a 3rd gen frame in similar condition. Mine was an ABA### refurb with 3rd gen replacement frame and I picked it up with less than 500rds since the refurb.

I didnt know that!
Anyone have any experience or think of appropriate use of these? Besides they seem like they might be interesting to shoot.
Not useful for defense against two-legged varmints. Appropriate for dispatching a snake.

They are expensive, so they are not something you would use for messing around on the range.

Not useful for defense against two-legged varmints. Appropriate for dispatching a snake.

They are expensive, so they are not something you would use for messing around on the range.

They also are better used in revolvers as they won't cycle the action in a semi-auto.

Back
Top Bottom