• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to MA

Hey guys, just looking for some advice. I moved to MA about a year ago, it was supposed to be a year stint, but it’s looking like it will be a lot longer than that. I finally decided to get around to getting my LTC, just did fingerprints and all that so hopefully I’ll have it soon.

I have several firearms that I left back home (Texas), I bought all of them much much after 94, so the mags aren’t pre bans or anything so those will stay, but can I bring some of my pistols? Do I need to register them here? Can I just bring em or do I need to FFL them to myself? I have no interest in bringing my rifles because to make them MA legal is just a little nuts. I did search for other posts but couldn’t find any opinions on bringing stuff up after it was left for a year.

Also looking for opinions of FFLs in the cape area, I did my LTC class at one and didn’t really care for it. After the class I went and looked at what they had in stock and they wouldn’t even let me hold a firearm because I didn’t have my LTC… seemed like a weird policy, is that normal up here?

Thanks y’all!

Why would you purchase a rifle in Massachusetts. That you currently own in Texas? How long have you been A Mass resident?

Why would you purchase a rifle in Massachusetts. That you currently own in Texas? How long have you been A Mass resident?

I don’t plan on owning a rifle here honestly… the only option would be to try to find a pre ban rifle and the headache just is not worth it. Been a mass resident for a little over a year

Also looking for opinions of FFLs in the cape area, I did my LTC class at one and didn’t really care for it. After the class I went and looked at what they had in stock and they wouldn’t even let me hold a firearm because I didn’t have my LTC… seemed like a weird policy, is that normal up here?
For an FFL where you just took the class to not let you handle a rifle is just bad business, but most of them are scared spitless of the AG so it tracks. Clearly don't purchase from them when you do get a chance. There are better ones out there.

For an FFL where you just took the class to not let you handle a rifle is just bad business, but most of them are scared spitless of the AG so it tracks. Clearly don't purchase from them when you do get a chance. There are better ones out there.
Yeah it was strange, I’ve never been denied being able to hold a gun that was in a case

Back
Top Bottom