• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to MA

Thanks for the advice guys! If anyone knows of a decent ffl on the cape I’d love to check em out!
Cape Gun Works could possibly be a great fit. I think they're in either Barnstable or Hyannis. The owner Toby is also a very outspoken advocate for the 2A in MA, having his own podcast called Rapid Fire and appearing on a local conservative talk radio station in a segment called 2A Tuesday on the grace curley show. He also seems like a great resource to bounce questions off of.

I'm in Austin TX now for work but live in MA,,, can't wait to get the F out of MA and down here on a more permanent basis. Everyone if you can leave MA and crater this state, go to someplace that shares your beliefs and values.
How the weather down there ?i heard it over 100deg f in the summer . I need to made a trip down to tx to check out the state

How the weather down there ?i heard it over 100deg f in the summer . I need to made a trip down to tx to check out the state
It was 84 today but will drop to the low 60's tomorrow and then back to the upper 70's by friday. I'm not a city person by any means but Austin is great, good food, nice down to earth people, the list goes on.

Attachments

• 20240226_202643.jpg
    20240226_202643.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 6
God I miss Texas… cape gun works is actually where I went who wouldn’t let me handle firearms without an LTC. Thanks for the kag recommendation I’ll check them out
Oh wow nevermind then! My instinct would've been the opposite - that CGW would be great. However maybe being that outspoken attracts a lot of attention and they're afraid of a potential sting or 'gotcha' moment by some dweeb at the globe.

Edit: to be fair, this is policy seems fairly common at popular gun stores at least in eastern MA. Four Seasons up by me does the same thing.

Here's a good one, after work took a drive about 30 minutes out from the city, drove by a taco truck with a sign " free fireworks with every taco " needless to say I almost drove off the road.

Hey guys, just looking for some advice. I moved to MA about a year ago, it was supposed to be a year stint, but it’s looking like it will be a lot longer than that. I finally decided to get around to getting my LTC, just did fingerprints and all that so hopefully I’ll have it soon.

I have several firearms that I left back home (Texas), I bought all of them much much after 94, so the mags aren’t pre bans or anything so those will stay, but can I bring some of my pistols? Do I need to register them here? Can I just bring em or do I need to FFL them to myself? I have no interest in bringing my rifles because to make them MA legal is just a little nuts. I did search for other posts but couldn’t find any opinions on bringing stuff up after it was left for a year.

Also looking for opinions of FFLs in the cape area, I did my LTC class at one and didn’t really care for it. After the class I went and looked at what they had in stock and they wouldn’t even let me hold a firearm because I didn’t have my LTC… seemed like a weird policy, is that normal up here?

Thanks y’all!
I moved here from TN quite a few years back. Sure, many of MA's gun laws are a PITA but there's really nothing stopping me from having a great time at the range or at a match. A pile of pre-ban mags and a few extra bucks to have muzzle devices pinned and I'm good to go.

For the record, you moved here with your guns and they were securely stored until you received your LTC.

Oh wow nevermind then! My instinct would've been the opposite - that CGW would be great. However maybe being that outspoken attracts a lot of attention and they're afraid of a potential sting or 'gotcha' moment by some dweeb at the globe.

Edit: to be fair, this is policy seems fairly common at popular gun stores at least in eastern MA. Four Seasons up by me does the same thing.
Thats weird. I have been there many times. The wife likes the range so we stay over on the cape in the off season to get away from family and will shoot at the range on Sunday morning. Mini vacations keep the wife happy! Dinner and shooting!
I have had several guns I bought online transferred there over the last few years too. Usually stuff thats out of stock locally.
They have done compliance work and transferred me an su-16 charlie, and a Cetme L from Marcolmar. It’s slways been a $50 transfer, including the muzzle brake and the pin and weld. They even gave me a free case several times. My son just picked up a Colt Vest pocket transferred through them for his wedding suit gun lol. Never been asked for my LTC unless I'm buying something at the register. All the rifles are out on the racks basically self-service. I just go over and start picking stuff up. I have never asked for help. The only thing locked up are the collector stuff snd pistols. Maybe they have changed something recengly.

Thats weird. I have been there many times. The wife likes the range so we stay over on the cape in the off season to get away from family and will shoot at the range on Sunday morning. Mini vacations keep the wife happy! Dinner and shooting!
I have had several guns I bought online transferred there over the last few years too. Usually stuff thats out of stock locally.
They have done compliance work and transferred me an su-16 charlie, and a Cetme L from Marcolmar. It’s slways been a $50 transfer, including the muzzle brake and the pin and weld. They even gave me a free case several times. My son just picked up a Colt Vest pocket transferred through them for his wedding suit gun lol. Never been asked for my LTC unless I'm buying something at the register. All the rifles are out on the racks basically self-service. I just go over and start picking stuff up. I have never asked for help. The only thing locked up are the collector stuff snd pistols. Maybe they have changed something recengly.

The rifles/shotguns were out in the racks free to grab. The handguns were in a case (which is normal atleast where I’m from). It was the handguns the kid working the counter got all twitchy about.

Has anyone considered the FFL's viewpoint regarding the request to see an LTC? Maybe OP looks like this?

Mugshot-Tattoo-9-Curtis-Allgier.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
[laugh]

Has anyone considered the FFL's viewpoint regarding the request to see an LTC? Maybe OP looks like this?

Mugshot-Tattoo-9-Curtis-Allgier.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
[laugh]

lol, listen I walked in asked for a Glock problem solver 40, showed em a picture of a hi point well smelling like weed and acting as suspicious as possible! Idk what else they want from me

The rifles/shotguns were out in the racks free to grab. The handguns were in a case (which is normal atleast where I’m from). It was the handguns the kid working the counter got all twitchy about.
Dont worry about up tigh gunseller around here,they are afraid of the atf so they act funny sometime.i got yelled at once by a gundealer,after a while i lost my cool and i yelled back at him lol.

Don’t do it, I met him and he made me some lunch that tasted like cough medicine and I woke up in a porta potty in the Freetown State Forest with a hole drilled in the side. At least he didn’t tell anyone.
Hope after it all he left you with one kidney and a not too blown out ballon knot

God I miss Texas… cape gun works is actually where I went who wouldn’t let me handle firearms without an LTC. Thanks for the kag recommendation I’ll check them out
Interesting that they wouldn’t let you handle any firearms. How did they teach the LTC class?

When I used to teach them I had all kinds of guns with dummy rounds so I could show as well as have students show how to load, cycle and unload most common options.

If it was a live fire class, you would be handling and shooting.

It was 84 today but will drop to the low 60's tomorrow and then back to the upper 70's by friday. I'm not a city person by any means but Austin is great, good food, nice down to earth people, the list goes on.
To me, that view is disgusting. YMMV

1709382288975.png

Interesting that they wouldn’t let you handle any firearms. How did they teach the LTC class?

When I used to teach them I had all kinds of guns with dummy rounds so I could show as well as have students show how to load, cycle and unload most common options.

If it was a live fire class, you would be handling and shooting.

Wasn’t a live fire class. Just a few hours discussing laws and whatnot. There was NOTHING on actual safe operation of a firearm. In TX we atleast had a shooting portion, had to show some competency with a firearm… TX has now moved to constitutional carry but it makes me laugh that everyone in the more liberal states declare the process is so much harder and stringent. In all honesty TX was arguably harder with having to do the shooting portion. MA was more annoying because I had to meet with a detective for all of 4 minutes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom