• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Healey

Considering the nature of the site, I knew there were ops lurking about. I understand you cant trust a person based on a subscription fee. I think my first three firearms I was looking to buy, were denied because I had Zero positive feedback. I've been doing as much as I can to build that trust and reputation. That takes time and just reiterating the point made earlier. There is absolutely ZERO guarantee that anyone you meet will even reveal that info to you. They may. Or they very well may not. That's entirely up to the other party. I have no control over that whatsoever.
I'm interested in taking your classes. If they offer me an opportunity at gleaning the info I'm after.
Can you provide me with dates for upcoming classes? Thanks
Every one of my posts has my website listed in a footer. For reasons that I don't understand, footers are NOT visible to the readers unless they are using a "real computer" (laptop/desktop) and since many of the younger crowd use smartphones exclusively, they will never see that info on anyone's posts.

In my case, as a paid-to-advertise instructor on NES, I post all my classes/seminars along with my website in the Firearms Training sub-forum (which nobody ever looks at).

Now that the general lecture is over ;), my next seminar is Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020 at Mansfield F&G. Details on registration and how to contact me are on my website: 2A Training

Be advised that we will be doing more packing up and moving in February and depending on weather (snow/mud-season) we may be moving out of MA permanently in March, after which is it unlikely that I'll be doing any more teaching in MA (unless a gun club wants to hire me for a fixed price, as two have in the past). I still need to find a suitable classroom location in SE NH and will start working on that in early February.

More than 33 messages usually helps as well.

Also, check that attitude. The NES members that help me and give me good advice, do so because I either helped them or met them several times at get togethers, NES shoots, group buys, took classes from them ... I can guarantee you that more than half of the NES members on this thread have seen me at least once at an event.

Also, people not selling to you sometimes has a lot to do with how you aproach them. Based on your post, I'm going to assume your approach when you had 0 posts and 0 rating was not the best.

The people in this forum are some of the nicest people I have met. Thanks to NES, I got my first real job after college. I could write several pages on all the help I received throughout the years.

2200+ messages don't help nevermind 33. i don't disagree that there's a bunch of nice people here. don't take it that way by any means. however, its a constant struggle to get people unified to fight back, especially in MA (yes i know, this is a new england forum bu the disease is spreading rampant nowadays), and driving a spike further into an unity seems like a real winning plan.

2200+ messages don't help nevermind 33. i don't disagree that there's a bunch of nice people here. don't take it that way by any means. however, its a constant struggle to get people unified to fight back, especially in MA (yes i know, this is a new england forum bu the disease is spreading rampant nowadays), and driving a spike further into an unity seems like a real winning plan.
Yeah. My point exactly. Maura is a master of sowing seeds of division. We lost. And we're gonna continue to lose more rights.

I was out of the loop when "it" happened which is why I asked in the other category. My b everybody.
For your benefit and others new to this sport and the politics that goes with it in MA . . .

Watch the following YouTube video. THIS is what generated the AG's press conference and memo. MFS invited the media (Ch. 5) in and his folks explained that the AWB was basically a joke and did nothing to prevent crime. The AG ran with that and "created" a bogus "crime" for MA Dealers to sell them and alleged that we were all felons for possessing them (but she wouldn't prosecute "at this time")! Thus the FUD worked wonders.

Are there currently any Mass case law rulings against a non-leo buyer of a "pre-Healey" receiver/killy rifle registered in state after 1994?

For your benefit and others new to this sport and the politics that goes with it in MA . . .

Watch the following YouTube video. THIS is what generated the AG's press conference and memo. MFS invited the media (Ch. 5) in and his folks explained that the AWB was basically a joke and did nothing to prevent crime. The AG ran with that and "created" a bogus "crime" for MA Dealers to sell them and alleged that we were all felons for possessing them (but she wouldn't prosecute "at this time")! Thus the FUD worked wonders.

Everyone THINKS that, Len, but without knowing an insider I don't know if there's any way to really prove it... I would bet that the Cabal put her up to it after the pulse nightclub shooting a few days earlier (on the 12th of june) one of them probably called her up afterwards and suggested some kind of gun control push.... MAYBE that one of them... (thinking someone like Angus, Jacques rhymes with fakes, etc) that had seen that piece? who knows.

-Mike

Oh man. I've never seen that video. I wouldn't doubt that's what sparked her edict. I remember my former boss Dick Munyon doing a piece on Vice news after the edict. Dont know if the network smeared that interview, but I wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't it be best to just avoid being on the news in general? Doesnt seem to do us gun owners any good.

Everyone THINKS that, Len, but without knowing an insider I don't know if there's any way to really prove it... I would bet that the Cabal put her up to it after the pulse nightclub shooting a few days earlier (on the 12th of june) one of them probably called her up afterwards and suggested some kind of gun control push.... MAYBE that one of them... (thinking someone like Angus, Jacques rhymes with fakes, etc) that had seen that piece? who knows.

-Mike
Let no crisis go to waste.

-Mike
Mike, the date of that video and the date of her edict make me think that it wasn't a coincidence. Also if you recall, Steve Hathaway apologized on NES, as he thought it would be "educational" and not butchered (the interview was a lot longer) to make political anti-2A points.

Oh man. I've never seen that video. I wouldn't doubt that's what sparked her edict. I remember my former boss Dick Munyon doing a piece on Vice news after the edict. Dont know if the network smeared that interview, but I wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't it be best to just avoid being on the news in general? Doesnt seem to do us gun owners any good.
Absolutely NEVER EVER TALK WITH THE MEDIA!! When they edit what was said or shown, it will never portray us in a good light.

Mike, the date of that video and the date of her edict make me think that it wasn't a coincidence. Also if you recall, Steve Hathaway apologized on NES, as he thought it would be "educational" and not butchered (the interview was a lot longer) to make political anti-2A points.

Absolutely NEVER EVER TALK WITH THE MEDIA!! When they edit what was said or shown, it will never portray us in a good light.
Thanks everyone. The conversations I've had throughout this thread have been educational for me. Many of you guys were right in that, I just need to play the numbers and meet more people. If anyone would like to go shoot together at MFS, PM me!

Honestly, the guy has nothing to apologize. Other gun shops would habe done a worse job. We know there is always someone that will speak to the news.

The subject is tough. If we lie and say that assault weapons ban works, we encourage them to pass more control. If we say it doesnt work, we encourage them to pass more laws.

The only thing that would work is for every single gun shop and gun Smith to agree to STFU and not talk. But the AG can always threaten someone and they will talk.

The other thing that works is supporting GOAL and COMM2A. Calling your reps, showing up to rallies and not talking to the news. EVER.

Thanks everyone. The conversations I've had throughout this thread have been educational for me. Many of you guys were right in that, I just need to play the numbers and meet more people. If anyone would like to go shoot together at MFS, PM me!
Maybe inquire to MFS about this?....Not being sarcastic.
mods if this is not the appropriate place for this please delete...

after reading this thread I asked my staff to work out a $39 Anderson stripped lower sale...we are working on the details and will post the sale as soon as we get it confirmed...I believe our normal price for these is $49.

Maybe inquire to MFS about this?....Not being sarcastic.

Hmm. Looks like you may be correct. I'll have to ask next time I go. Thanks for pointing that out.

Your basement, a router, a jig and an 80% + time. Notice skill wasn't listed the new jigs (5D for example) are just a time investment.

And my standard:

DON'T REGISTER ANYTHING - in todays climate it's silly; and while you're at it make a spare and store it somewhere else.
GM-GUY, you are so very correct! I have been saying the same thing right along, taking a barge-load of shit from Whacko and a couple of other NES members for doing so. If any numbskull believes that registration will not lead to confiscation and even prosecution, they only have to look to Cuba's example. Castro's goons used registration lists from the prior regime to confiscate all privately-owned firearms in that country.

Registration is constitutionally illegal. What is required by MA is the documented sale of firearm or documented (registered) build completion date if building your own once its "completed."
I thought my build was complete so I could do my F A 10 but silly me, I just cant find my takedown pin anywhere.
If you report a firearm purchase to the government, be it federal, state or local, on one of their official forms, it goes into their computer under your name, address, and LTC or FID number. FA10? Call it what you like. Registration as far as I am concerned. No thanks!

While you are at MFS, see if they have any polymer lowers left for sale. I believe they wanted people to sign a piece of paper saying they would only build it as a 22.

Honestly, the guy has nothing to apologize. Other gun shops would habe done a worse job. We know there is always someone that will speak to the news.

The subject is tough. If we lie and say that assault weapons ban works, we encourage them to pass more control. If we say it doesnt work, we encourage them to pass more laws.

The only thing that would work is for every single gun shop and gun Smith to agree to STFU and not talk. But the AG can always threaten someone and they will talk.

The other thing that works is supporting GOAL and COMM2A. Calling your reps, showing up to rallies and not talking to the news. EVER.
You merely ask them to leave the shop, take no video. The AG can't threaten anyone and force them to talk with the media. If you want to be extra nice (no need) tell them to talk with GOAL!

I’ve seen the darks storm 9mm ar’s at FSG but for some reason I can get a Pcc lower ..... am I missing something

This. We had some reporters who wanted to come in and shoot some footage and do some interviews with people at my club. The board unanimously voted no to that.

They are not your friends and will never run a positive article. Just look at how the VCDL lobby day rally was portrayed down in VA. 100% peaceful with no real incidents, and they even picked up after themselves.

Why won’t FFL’S sell me a lower so I don’t have to get raped in the classified section?
Because everyone will say just buy what you want but nobody will actually tell them where they can get what they're looking for.
Why won’t FFL’S sell me a lower so I don’t have to get raped in the classified section?

Hint:

While you are at MFS, see if they have any polymer lowers left for sale. I believe they wanted people to sign a piece of paper saying they would only build it as a 22.
I think they had 1 left in display case. They have replaced their polymer lowers with anderson lowers. Still the same deal. Affidavit stating lowers will be registered as .17 or .22. Gonna try a .22wmr or .17. Plan on my first hunt soon. Small game. Probably rabbit. Dont like .22lr after about a year of experience. For those of you all out there that have experience with either caliber, can you share your thoughts please ?

See my comment below as to why people are tight-lipped. There ARE folks from the AGO reading what is posted on NES. The buyer won't get in trouble, they are after the dealers with an end goal of shutting down as many as possible.

Customers were questioned but none faced any charges as it is indeed all on the dealer. They needed info from buyers to prosecute the seller, that's all.

The bolded part is the truth! Some of us KNOW that there are folks in the AG's office reading NES and they WILL take action by threatening dealers, so it is unwise to post where anyone can see.,

Maybe so, but I guess you'd also think it dumb that some of us can sell our home for >15 times what we paid for it too! People buy and sell based on what the market will bear and when supply is low and demand is high, prices tend to climb to meet some sort of equilibrium point.
For proof, refer to thread titled 5.56 rifles and Massachusetts

Back
Top Bottom