Pre Healey

Because everyone will say just buy what you want but nobody will actually tell them where they can get what they're looking for.

This. Considering it's the decree LGS' follow, those of us new to the scene have no information to go on other than her decree and what it means for transfers within and outside of the state. Also, sellers seem to have no issue with the 'market' prices it created.

This. Considering it's the decree LGS' follow, those of us new to the scene have no information to go on other than her decree and what it means for transfers within and outside of the state. Also, sellers seem to have no issue with the 'market' prices it created.
Ignore the "decree" like it never existed. It's not law. Jack.

There are those who will. First you have to go GREEN and apply for the secret NES handshake. Jack.

Why is this a private club? Where in the MGL does it say someone must be an NES member to buy a lower? Why aren't you guys thumbing your collective noses at Ms. Healey, and ADVERTISING that you'll sell lowers? Either you're scared, or you're not.

Ignore the "decree" like it never existed. It's not law. Jack.

My moderately sized balls and I will gladly ignore the unenforceable decree as soon as someone posts or contacts me with the whereabouts of sub ‘pound me in the arse’ priced lowers and or complete AR’s.
Until then, I guess I’m just out of the ‘know’ and will have to succumb to saving my hard earned pennies for $600+ stripped lowers.

You are going to the wrong ones
Point exactly. Everyone is quick to point out you are going to the wrong one but no info on who the right one is. This reminds me of the people who say " its so easy to buy a gun on the street". My reply is always ok tell me where and who to talk to followed by crickets.

My moderately sized balls and I will gladly ignore the unenforceable decree as soon as someone posts or contacts me with the whereabouts of sub ‘pound me in the arse’ priced lowers and or complete AR’s.
Until then, I guess I’m just out of the ‘know’ and will have to succumb to saving my hard earned pennies for $600+ stripped lowers.
Point exactly. Everyone is quick to point out you are going to the wrong one but no info on who the right one is. This reminds me of the people who say " its so easy to buy a gun on the street". My reply is always ok tell me where and who to talk to followed by crickets.
How about the NESers who used to say: "Nobody cares about some AG regulation about new Glocks. It's on the dealer. You have nothing to worry about. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PRE BAN GLOCK!!!"

A couple years later one of the more prolific dealers gets raided. They pull his files and all his customers were in deep $h!t.

It’s similar to the quote “if you need to ask how much? You can’t afford it” There’s no street signs on how to navigate through the fickle 2A gray area.
Spend some time networking, meeting people and building relationships with fellow NESers and some doors may open. Good people like to help good people. A few face to face transactions ending with an honest firm look you in the eye handshake may help in fulfilling your quest.
You never know when there’s a super secret Beacon Hill squirrel hiding out in our trees waiting for us to drop our acorns.
Good luck grasshopper!

The thought that anyone is paying $300+ for a basic lower is wild. Good for the sellers if they can get that price. Guess that's the premium one has to pay for being late to the party or for being friends with gun owners who only shop exclusively at 4S.

See my comment below as to why people are tight-lipped. There ARE folks from the AGO reading what is posted on NES. The buyer won't get in trouble, they are after the dealers with an end goal of shutting down as many as possible.

How about the NESers who used to say: "Nobody cares about some AG regulation about new Glocks. It's on the dealer. You have nothing to worry about. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PRE BAN GLOCK!!!"

A couple years later one of the more prolific dealers gets raided. They pull his files and all his customers were in deep $h!t.
Customers were questioned but none faced any charges as it is indeed all on the dealer. They needed info from buyers to prosecute the seller, that's all.

It’s similar to the quote “if you need to ask how much? You can’t afford it” There’s no street signs on how to navigate through the fickle 2A gray area.
Spend some time networking, meeting people and building relationships with fellow NESers and some doors may open. Good people like to help good people. A few face to face transactions ending with an honest firm look you in the eye handshake may help in fulfilling your quest.
You never know when there’s a super secret Beacon Hill squirrel hiding out in our trees waiting for us to drop our acorns.
Good luck grasshopper!
The bolded part is the truth! Some of us KNOW that there are folks in the AG's office reading NES and they WILL take action by threatening dealers, so it is unwise to post where anyone can see.,

The thought that anyone is paying $300+ for a basic lower is wild. Good for the sellers if they can get that price. Guess that's the premium one has to pay for being late to the party or for being friends with gun owners who only shop exclusively at 4S.
Maybe so, but I guess you'd also think it dumb that some of us can sell our home for >15 times what we paid for it too! People buy and sell based on what the market will bear and when supply is low and demand is high, prices tend to climb to meet some sort of equilibrium point.

Not sure if serious, what are you talking about? Let's not spread fud here. PM me if you want, but I am unaware of this, outside of issues that don't
involve handgun compliance, but frankly that stuff doesn't count.

-Mike

Not sure if serious, what are you talking about? Let's not spread fud here. PM me if you want, but I am unaware of this, outside of issues that don't
involve handgun compliance, but frankly that stuff doesn't count.

-Mike
From what I understand, it put the buyers in a bad light. I recall that some people bought Kimbers(?) which are not on any "list" or "roster" and they had to be returned. Perhaps that can be confirmed.

Len-2a shed some more light:

"Customers were questioned but none faced any charges as it is indeed all on the dealer. They needed info from buyers to prosecute the seller, that's all."

Those unfortunate buyers had a hand in the dealers demise since they were forced to rat him out.

Back
Top Bottom