Pre Healey

I get the frustration, I really do.

Where are you located? You're always welcome to come out and shoot some trap with me if you're nearby.
I'm in Wayland. I'd love to shoot trap with you sometime. Got a beretta a400 extreme recently I've been meaning to put some lead through. Thanks for the offer. My names Han.

There's nothing elite about it most everything is literally hidden in plain sight. The fun thing is someone could give most people tips and they won't use them anyways... that's the other reason people keep quiet. 95% are just too lazy, or too afraid (of doing things that are 100% legal) so why bother explaining things..... Like reminds me of people bitching about glock prices and then i send the whiners links to cheap glock ads and got replies whining about the sellers "being in western MA" and "too far". I think i literally facepalmed when i read that, both times. The townie loser mentality in this state is sickening. I went to Springfield to dine with guys from the board here not long ago and yet we have townie lurkers who won't travel to save $200 on a gun.... not saying this applies to you but it explains some of the reluctance. Own guns long enough in this state and you'll start understanding.....
Ask Danny @ DF arms how many miles I'm willing to drive to pick up a mere frame. I have a delay on ALL my transactions so multiply that by 2. I'll drive 2 hours to shoot the shit with members here, given I have the time. If at any point I'd have been given that kind of info I'm looking for, I'd be broke as all f*** right now. Done ranting though. I'll start reaching out and networking. Thanks guys for all your input and thoughts.

Take a step back and look at things from another angle.

For those in the "know" - remember what it was like watching everyone flaunt the shit you couldn't find and wishing you could get it.

For those not in the "know" - realize we've lost a lot of good shops in this state due to the tyrant in the AG office. We are in a constant state of impending doom - she has minions everywhere. Hell there are gun shops who have her on speed dial and will jump at any opportunity to dime the good places out. One I recently heard about I almost can't believe.

The goal of her enforcement notice was not to prevent you from getting lowers, and written law does not support her guidance. Her goal is to shut gun dealers down, or threaten them with being shut down so they won't sell things she doesn't like. And the MA court system is packed with judges who lean towards her way of thinking so her threat has teeth.
I'm in Wayland. I'd love to shoot trap with you sometime. Got a beretta a400 extreme recently I've been meaning to put some lead through. Thanks for the offer. My names Han.
if your last name is Solo and u have a Wookiee I will give u free state lowers as a far as the eye can see! Lol!!!!!

I have spoken to some dealers and they encourage doing the 80% lower and have a serial laser. While in the case they have lower for under $200.00 for LEO only.
There are so many different opinion on this, it becomes hard to figure out which is correct.
I too would like to build my own and not pay the inflated price.

I have spoken to some dealers and they encourage doing the 80% lower and have a serial laser. While in the case they have lower for under $200.00 for LEO only.
There are so many different opinion on this, it becomes hard to figure out which is correct.
I too would like to build my own and not pay the inflated price.
Best of luck friend.

For f*** sake guys, quit your bitchin. No one owes you anything . There are a ton of great members here that are very helpful . The .GOV has got a lot of the community on their heels. No one has the trust they used to have. We have been in a grey area for a few years now. Ranges are being closed and firearms are being treated like a cancer by the main stream.
You should have seen this place after the Sandy hook shooting. It was way worse,
I myself would love to waltz into fousseasons and simply buy a new AR but it's not happening . It will probably never happen again.
I can't wait for the day I come here to see the " Post Healy " thread . I hope it happens while I'm still shooting .

I would like to tell you that there are a few options out there for you, but I don't want to dangle anything in your face .

Go to meetups and face to face with other members

youre 100% right they have us on our heels and instead of helping each other and growing the community most only look out for themselves like ^ and like the guys that have $50 lowers and post them for $600. If you know where to get a lower but are afraid to post it on an open forum instead of tearing into someone that posts looking for one how about inviting them to a rangeday meeting them face to face getting a gauge on them and if you think they’re legit share the info. Posting the same old BS every time someone asks isn’t helping the community either

youre 100% right they have us on our heels and instead of helping each other and growing the community most only look out for themselves like ^ and like the guys that have $50 lowers and post them for $600. If you know where to get a lower but are afraid to post it on an open forum instead of tearing into someone that posts looking for one how about inviting them to a rangeday meeting them face to face getting a gauge on them and if you think they’re legit share the info. Posting the same old BS every time someone asks isn’t helping the community either
Agreed 100%. Illegal edict or not. You gotta hand it to Maura. She knows how to sow seeds of division.

The reason I paid for a membership is so that I could get the "greenie" deals and to support this community. But if I cant get the same support back what was the point of me paying in?
Please understand that we have AGO lurkers here on NES and others from the ban all guns community who actually registered here on NES. With fake usernames we don't know who is who and things posted on NES have resulted in actions taken by the AG, EOPS as well as local police chiefs. Building trust requires more than paying $21/year.

I'm trying to engage with the community as much as humanly possible. But work and all prevents timing. I've had plenty of ftf interactions with NES'ers but it's a crapshoot. Havent met that guy that's willing to give me the rundown on how to obtain. Yeah, paint us NES'ers who aren't privy to this info as the a**h***s for wanting IN. As long you got yours.
Although I don't track who the willing dealers are, I do give tips on what and how people can get what they want when I teach my Mass Gun Laws by and for Non-Lawyers seminars.

Everybody who uses the term “pre-Healey” otta shampoo my crotch
Well, if we don't do that many that are scrared of the AG, won't touch it with a 20' pole regardless of price. I had a handful of "interested parties" bail on my 2008 Bushmaster .22LR AR-15 due to being scared of the AG, even though her FAQ stated that .22LR "couldn't be an AW" (which is false) and the gun was purchased/registered 8 yrs prior to the AG BS.

I wholeheartedly agree i need to get to gun shows and meet ups. that being said, i have 3 kids, full time job with every third week overnight on call time, selectman meetings every tuesday and assorted other meetings for that, and generally trying to maintain current lifelong friendships, oh and also hunt and shoot both guns and archery.

TL:DR. I'm not making it to every single thing/gun show/meet up/baking class enough to make these new relationships you speak of and i want my slice of the freedom pie. I am sure I am not alone. and I am also sure that I do not work for the communists in the AGO. 100% positive.
Skip the gun shows, most of us have given up on them. I used to run a monthly dinner meeting in Framingham, which is now rarely scheduled by @namedpipes only when @minininjer is visiting. It is an effective way of actually meeting real people from NES. The shoots in MA have been killed off thanks to the AG/EOPS and were moved to NH. Lots of MA people attended and it was a great time. Sadly the club that sponsored them has been shut down and so the shoots no longer exist.

Take a step back and look at things from another angle.

For those in the "know" - remember what it was like watching everyone flaunt the shit you couldn't find and wishing you could get it.

For those not in the "know" - realize we've lost a lot of good shops in this state due to the tyrant in the AG office. We are in a constant state of impending doom - she has minions everywhere. Hell there are gun shops who have her on speed dial and will jump at any opportunity to dime the good places out. One I recently heard about I almost can't believe.

The goal of her enforcement notice was not to prevent you from getting lowers, and written law does not support her guidance. Her goal is to shut gun dealers down, or threaten them with being shut down so they won't sell things she doesn't like. And the MA court system is packed with judges who lean towards her way of thinking so her threat has teeth.
QFT This is why folks are scared to put out there alternatives to get what folks want and dealers are scared to have their info out there for fear of losing their business for doing so!

Just to be clear, I've only been here a year. I actually don't even know the secret handshake but I understand the intricacies behind it. The Freemasons havent survived thousands of years by advertising on billboards."WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN THERE? I NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING IN THERE", Ive just gotten lucky on a handful of deals that lead to other connections. Busy? Yes I know all about it, by the time I get home I get to see my one year old sleeping, same as when I leave for work in the morning. Something as simple as an NES bumper sticker could be a conversation starter, you never know .
Funny thing is I have an NES sticker on my car, have worn an NES hat at a number of events and nobody ever has approached me because of it! I've given up the idea that it might have been an effective way of advertising.

i'd call it frustration. look, understand someone being careless got us this second interpretation of the awb.
Wouldn't I be 100% fair in using the argument, "what the f*** does that criminal have to do with me?" Kind of ironic if you really think about it. That the actions of a few restricted the many. Thought the 2a community was more or less against that kind of mentality.

Because everyone will say just buy what you want but nobody will actually tell them where they can get what they're looking for.
Because, if you have to ask, then you clearly dont go out and meet people, and the AG has a huge hard on for gun shops and owners, so you cant be posting it on a public forum.

Show up to NES get togethers, and you will make friends with plenty of people that can help.

Last edited:
I think I offered mine with my tongue in cheek for more than that. LOL.
For those kind of prices for a lower I’d think about stripping my LMT down.
Please understand that we have AGO lurkers here on NES and others from the ban all guns community who actually registered here on NES. With fake usernames we don't know who is who and things posted on NES have resulted in actions taken by the AG, EOPS as well as local police chiefs. Building trust requires more than paying $21/year.

Although I don't track who the willing dealers are, I do give tips on what and how people can get what they want when I teach my Mass Gun Laws by and for Non-Lawyers seminars.

Well, if we don't do that many that are scrared of the AG, won't touch it with a 20' pole regardless of price. I had a handful of "interested parties" bail on my 2008 Bushmaster .22LR AR-15 due to being scared of the AG, even though her FAQ stated that .22LR "couldn't be an AW" (which is false) and the gun was purchased/registered 8 yrs prior to the AG BS.

Skip the gun shows, most of us have given up on them. I used to run a monthly dinner meeting in Framingham, which is now rarely scheduled by @namedpipes only when @minininjer is visiting. It is an effective way of actually meeting real people from NES. The shoots in MA have been killed off thanks to the AG/EOPS and were moved to NH. Lots of MA people attended and it was a great time. Sadly the club that sponsored them has been shut down and so the shoots no longer exist.

QFT This is why folks are scared to put out there alternatives to get what folks want and dealers are scared to have their info out there for fear of losing their business for doing so!

Funny thing is I have an NES sticker on my car, have worn an NES hat at a number of events and nobody ever has approached me because of it! I've given up the idea that it might have been an effective way of advertising.
Considering the nature of the site, I knew there were ops lurking about. I understand you cant trust a person based on a subscription fee. I think my first three firearms I was looking to buy, were denied because I had Zero positive feedback. I've been doing as much as I can to build that trust and reputation. That takes time and just reiterating the point made earlier. There is absolutely ZERO guarantee that anyone you meet will even reveal that info to you. They may. Or they very well may not. That's entirely up to the other party. I have no control over that whatsoever.
I'm interested in taking your classes. If they offer me an opportunity at gleaning the info I'm after.
Can you provide me with dates for upcoming classes? Thanks

Yeah, they're the first shop that comes to mind when you think of AG f***ery. They also helped sell out TSUSA who then turned around and did the most stand up thing I've ever seen any New England ammo retailer do in telling the AG to go f*** herself.

We have an AG that is reactive and want to PORTRAIT like she is doing something. The problem with that is you never make astute decision, case in point, Look what happened with her vaping debacle.
I agree with others that using fear and misdirection is what she wanted, so when the next mass casualty happens with a paper clip, that will now be a viewed as a weapon of mass destruction and will be banned or require a license.
It is easy for her to make blanket decisions without actually trying to find out the root cause and then fixed it, that is just too much work, so everyone has to suffer, good and bad.

Power corrupts, and absolutely power corrupts absolutely. 99% of all politician craves power and they will do and say anything to retain it.

The power we have every 2 or 4 years is to make sure that your believes are met and if they are not vote them out.

Yeah absolutely agree. Makes me resent the gun community here in Massachusetts quite a bit. Love this forum. But hasn't been as helpful or as welcoming as I once thought it to be. Not happy. I was excited as f*** when I first registered cause I made some comment about how helpful and accommodating EVERYONE was on NES. Someone else commented back "just wait and find out." Dont get me wrong, I've had great experiences with private sales but it's a f***ing tease and I find it rather insulting. Basically like having a lower waved right in my face and telling me it's only $89 or whatever and then pulling it away when I say. Sure. Only to find out you guys are selling to everyone else.

Your expectations are way off then. Unless you're a social weirdo, most people are willing to help once you establish a friendly relationship with them. Love the hustle, but your approach is way too aggressive. LOL.

IdolizedLeafyBoto-size_restricted.gif

Your expectations are way off then. Unless you're a social weirdo, most people are willing to help once you establish a friendly relationship with them. Love the hustle, but your approach is way too aggressive. LOL.

IdolizedLeafyBoto-size_restricted.gif
Yeah. I agree. It is asking too much of certain people. Which is why I wouldn't reach out to someone like you. I too like the hustle. Will find someone eventually. Thanks for the encouragement.

To me, the Green membership is purely to support the website and the community.
Yup. I've had great experiences so far on NES. which is why I've decided to pay for a membership and support the website. And yes. Is it so wrong of me to expect that sometime during the duration of my time as a gun owner, I'd happen to chance on the secret. I dont think so. I know there are at least of handful of people out there who concur with me.

Just a reminder that "Pre-Healey" wont become "POST-Healey" for some time... (she won by more than 1 MILLION votes)

Massachusetts Attorney General election, 2018
PartyCandidateVotes%
Democratic Maura Healey (incumbent) 1,874,209 69.9
RepublicanJames McMahon804,83230.0
n/aWrite-ins1,8580.1
Total votes2,680,899100.0
Democratic hold

Considering the nature of the site, I knew there were ops lurking about. I understand you cant trust a person based on a subscription fee. I think my first three firearms I was looking to buy, were denied because I had Zero positive feedback. I've been doing as much as I can to build that trust and reputation. That takes time and just reiterating the point made earlier. There is absolutely ZERO guarantee that anyone you meet will even reveal that info to you. They may. Or they very well may not. That's entirely up to the other party. I have no control over that whatsoever.
I'm interested in taking your classes. If they offer me an opportunity at gleaning the info I'm after.
Can you provide me with dates for upcoming classes? Thanks
More than 33 messages usually helps as well.

Also, check that attitude. The NES members that help me and give me good advice, do so because I either helped them or met them several times at get togethers, NES shoots, group buys, took classes from them ... I can guarantee you that more than half of the NES members on this thread have seen me at least once at an event.

Also, people not selling to you sometimes has a lot to do with how you aproach them. Based on your post, I'm going to assume your approach when you had 0 posts and 0 rating was not the best.

The people in this forum are some of the nicest people I have met. Thanks to NES, I got my first real job after college. I could write several pages on all the help I received throughout the years.

Also, check that attitude. The NES members that help me and give me good advice, do so because I either helped them or met them several times at get togethers, NES shoots, group buys, took classes from them ... I can guarantee you that more than half of the NES members on this thread have seen me at least once at an event.

Also, people not selling to you sometimes has a lot to do with how you aproach them. Based on your post, I'm going to assume your approach when you had 0 posts and 0 rating was not the best.

The people in this forum are some of the nicest people I have met. Thanks to NES, I got my first real job after college. I could write several pages on all the help I received throughout the years.
What attitude. I think it's just the translation from text that makes it comes off that way. I didnt even attempt to ask about certain items when my status was that lowly. I was too afraid to.

I'm with you 100%. I havent bad mouthed anyone here. I've only praise for everyone I've met here. Only positive experiences. My feedback reflects my attitude.

Back
Top Bottom