• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Healey

From what I understand, it put the buyers in a bad light. I recall that some people bought Kimbers(?) which are not on any "list" or "roster" and they had to be returned. Perhaps that can be confirmed.

I find that pretty hard to believe. In the past shops have sent people letters etc, about this kind of thing but nobody has ever been under a legal obligation to do
so. Of course people get scared and a request turns into a "demand" in their brains.

Len-2a shed some more light:

"Customers were questioned but none faced any charges as it is indeed all on the dealer. They needed info from buyers to prosecute the seller, that's all."

This is much more believable, particularly if we're talking about deals like the fiasco that happened at K&R when the owner had that manager that stole guns from his
shop, etc. That guy went to jail, actually. There were a few others like that too, but way beyond handgun compliance BS. I can see buyers getting lots of
questions out of issues like that. In some of those cases the records are so f***ed up they may have contacted buyers at random out of wanting to see just how
bad the dealer was.

Those unfortunate buyers had a hand in the dealers demise since they were forced to rat him out.

Lol I find this hard to believe, since there had to be enough supporting paperwork to get them to the buyer to begin with. The dealer was probably already toast at that
point.

-Mike

Your basement, a router, a jig and an 80% + time. Notice skill wasn't listed the new jigs (5D for example) are just a time investment.
Been on the fence. I'm pretty tech and tool savvy but apprehensive about the process. Tried my hand at p80 and it turned out decent. Gonna try it out with the Epstein lower from DeanSafety.

The thought that anyone is paying $300+ for a basic lower is wild. Good for the sellers if they can get that price. Guess that's the premium one has to pay for being late to the party or for being friends with gun owners who only shop exclusively at 4S.
How about the thought that MANY of your fellow AMERICANS, New Englanders, and neighbors are paying WAAAAY more than $300+ because rule 1. Then theres rule 2. I've probably purchased more than the majority of NES'ers yet no one will give me any info regardless of my super positive feedbacks.

Your basement, a router, a jig and an 80% + time. Notice skill wasn't listed the new jigs (5D for example) are just a time investment.

And my standard:

DON'T REGISTER ANYTHING - in todays climate it's silly; and while you're at it make a spare and store it somewhere else.
Registration is constitutionally illegal. What is required by MA is the documented sale of firearm or documented (registered) build completion date if building your own once its "completed."
I thought my build was complete so I could do my F A 10 but silly me, I just cant find my takedown pin anywhere.

And my standard:

DON'T REGISTER ANYTHING - in todays climate it's silly; and while you're at it make a spare and store it somewhere else.
I'm a quick learner. Acquired my LTC 1.5 years ago and been researching 80%s for about 6 months. Finished my first p80. The laws in this state make me feel like an outlaw for exercising my God given constitutional rights.

See my comment below as to why people are tight-lipped. There ARE folks from the AGO reading what is posted on NES. The buyer won't get in trouble, they are after the dealers with an end goal of shutting down as many as possible.
Len i think we all understand that. The point is how unhelpful it us to other members when they pose a question and members reply with that nonsense. The way i look at it is if you are going to keep insinuating that then walk the walk. Pm the person with the info or just stfu. Sorry if it sounds like bitching i just don't understand the rational.

Len i think we all understand that. The point is how unhelpful it us to other members when they pose a question and members reply with that nonsense. The way i look at it is if you are going to keep insinuating that then walk the walk. Pm the person with the info or just stfu. Sorry if it sounds like bitching i just don't understand the rational.
Yeah absolutely agree. Makes me resent the gun community here in Massachusetts quite a bit. Love this forum. But hasn't been as helpful or as welcoming as I once thought it to be. Not happy. I was excited as f*** when I first registered cause I made some comment about how helpful and accommodating EVERYONE was on NES. Someone else commented back "just wait and find out." Dont get me wrong, I've had great experiences with private sales but it's a f***ing tease and I find it rather insulting. Basically like having a lower waved right in my face and telling me it's only $89 or whatever and then pulling it away when I say. Sure. Only to find out you guys are selling to everyone else.

The reason I paid for a membership is so that I could get the "greenie" deals and to support this community. But if I cant get the same support back what was the point of me paying in?

For f*** sake guys, quit your bitchin. No one owes you anything . There are a ton of great members here that are very helpful . The .GOV has got a lot of the community on their heels. No one has the trust they used to have. We have been in a grey area for a few years now. Ranges are being closed and firearms are being treated like a cancer by the main stream.
You should have seen this place after the Sandy hook shooting. It was way worse,
I myself would love to waltz into fousseasons and simply buy a new AR but it's not happening . It will probably never happen again.
I can't wait for the day I come here to see the " Post Healy " thread . I hope it happens while I'm still shooting .

I would like to tell you that there are a few options out there for you, but I don't want to dangle anything in your face .

Go to meetups and face to face with other members

I'm trying to engage with the community as much as humanly possible. But work and all prevents timing. I've had plenty of ftf interactions with NES'ers but it's a crapshoot. Havent met that guy that's willing to give me the rundown on how to obtain. Yeah, paint us NES'ers who aren't privy to this info as the a**h***s for wanting IN. As long you got yours.

Yeah absolutely agree. Makes me resent the gun community here in Massachusetts quite a bit. Love this forum. But hasn't been as helpful or as welcoming as I once thought it to be. Not happy. I was excited as f*** when I first registered cause I made some comment about how helpful and accommodating EVERYONE was on NES. Someone else commented back "just wait and find out." Dont get me wrong, I've had great experiences with private sales but it's a f***ing tease and I find it rather insulting. Basically like having a lower waved right in my face and telling me it's only $89 or whatever and then pulling it away when I say. Sure. Only to find out you guys are selling to everyone else.
Stick with NES kilo, it’s waaaaaaaaay better than Twatter or Faceplant

I'm trying to engage with the community as much as humanly possible. But work and all prevents timing. I've had plenty of ftf interactions with NES'ers but it's a crapshoot. Havent met that guy that's willing to give me the rundown on how to obtain. Yeah, paint us NES'ers who aren't privy to this info as the a**h***s for wanting IN. As long you got yours.

And my grandpa says, “Don't worry
It's always the last one in who's in a hurry
To try and slam the door in the next one's face”
Down around my place

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIA-xlkWwoo

Its not a get rich quick scheme or all inclusive super secret pass to unlimited $10 lowers. This site is a great resource but you may still have to get out from behind the keyboard and leave the operational command center aka mom's basement, just dont forget your level 3A plates and night vision. Knowing someone from behind a computer screen and actually knowing them are two different things and i'm sure they feel the same way. Example: "Hey so & so, are you going to the Marlborough show this weekend? Cool me too. Would you like to meet face to face and maybe give me a few pointers on my new build?" Just saying, actual human interaction isnt that complicated and you may even find it beneficial someday if you value procreation.

Its not a get rich quick scheme or all inclusive super secret pass to unlimited $10 lowers. This site is a great resource but you may still have to get out from behind the keyboard and leave the operational command center aka mom's basement, just dont forget your level 3A plates and night vision. Knowing someone from behind a computer screen and actually knowing them are two different things and i'm sure they feel the same way. Example: "Hey so & so, are you going to the Marlborough show this weekend? Cool me too. Would you like to meet face to face and maybe give me a few pointers on my new build?" Just saying, actual human interaction isnt that complicated and you may even find it beneficial someday if you value procreation.

I wholeheartedly agree i need to get to gun shows and meet ups. that being said, i have 3 kids, full time job with every third week overnight on call time, selectman meetings every tuesday and assorted other meetings for that, and generally trying to maintain current lifelong friendships, oh and also hunt and shoot both guns and archery.

TL:DR. I'm not making it to every single thing/gun show/meet up/baking class enough to make these new relationships you speak of and i want my slice of the freedom pie. I am sure I am not alone. and I am also sure that I do not work for the communists in the AGO. 100% positive.

Go to meetups and face to face with other members

This, basically. You just have to put your time in and eventually convince enough of the right people you're not a plant from the AG's office. Join a gun club or two near you and get involved. There are NES members in all of them, and eventually the gates of knowledge will be opened to you.

You've gotta admit that attitude is warranted given the hostile climate we all live in. I get the frustration, though. Just find the ways you can get more active and express your views.

Ok to be fair to your point I havent socialized and "made friends" with many people on NES. but to hv55maxx's point. We all have busy lives and cant devote our lives to making connection to join the elite Mass gun owners club. Seems like theres two camps of NES'ers. Those who know the secret handshake and tell us who are not in the know to work f***ing harder and make more connections and to get out your moms basement. And then I'm probably gonna be painted the a**h*** for being irked about it.

This, basically. You just have to put your time in and eventually convince enough of the right people you're not a plant from the AG's office. Join a gun club or two near you and get involved. There are NES members in all of them, and eventually the gates of knowledge will be opened to you.

You've gotta admit that attitude is warranted given the hostile climate we all live in. I get the frustration, though. Just find the ways you can get more active and express your views.
I admit. Theres no denying it. Will do. I'll keep reaching out and networking. But still doesnt garuantee anything. Someone posted the same thing earlier. Key sentiment in both your arguments are that you MAY or MAY NOT find out.

Take a step back and look at things from another angle.

For those in the "know" - remember what it was like watching everyone flaunt the shit you couldn't find and wishing you could get it.

For those not in the "know" - realize we've lost a lot of good shops in this state due to the tyrant in the AG office. We are in a constant state of impending doom - she has minions everywhere. Hell there are gun shops who have her on speed dial and will jump at any opportunity to dime the good places out. One I recently heard about I almost can't believe.

The goal of her enforcement notice was not to prevent you from getting lowers, and written law does not support her guidance. Her goal is to shut gun dealers down, or threaten them with being shut down so they won't sell things she doesn't like. And the MA court system is packed with judges who lean towards her way of thinking so her threat has teeth.

I admit. Theres no denying it. Will do. I'll keep reaching out and networking. But still doesnt garuantee anything. Someone posted the same thing earlier. Key sentiment in both your arguments are that you MAY or MAY NOT find out.

I get the frustration, I really do.

Where are you located? You're always welcome to come out and shoot some trap with me if you're nearby.

Just to be clear, I've only been here a year. I actually don't even know the secret handshake but I understand the intricacies behind it. The Freemasons havent survived thousands of years by advertising on billboards."WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN THERE? I NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING IN THERE", Ive just gotten lucky on a handful of deals that lead to other connections. Busy? Yes I know all about it, by the time I get home I get to see my one year old sleeping, same as when I leave for work in the morning. Something as simple as an NES bumper sticker could be a conversation starter, you never know .

Hell there are gun shops who have her on speed dial and will jump at any opportunity to dime the good places out. One I recently heard about I almost can't believe.

Sounds like an AG consent decree enema. 4473's go right to the AG's office.

For the record, if you know any shops that have that going on, it's your duty to out them. Allowing the unknowing to go in there and have their federal paperwork illegally CC'd directly to the AG is just immoral.

Ok to be fair to your point I havent socialized and "made friends" with many people on NES. but to hv55maxx's point. We all have busy lives and cant devote our lives to making connection to join the elite Mass gun owners club. Seems like theres two camps of NES'ers. Those who know the secret handshake and tell us who are not in the know to work f***ing harder and make more connections and to get out your moms basement. And then I'm probably gonna be painted the a**h*** for being irked about it.
There's nothing elite about it most everything is literally hidden in plain sight. The fun thing is someone could give most people tips and they won't use them anyways... that's the other reason people keep quiet. 95% are just too lazy, or too afraid (of doing things that are 100% legal) so why bother explaining things..... Like reminds me of people bitching about glock prices and then i send the whiners links to cheap glock ads and got replies whining about the sellers "being in western MA" and "too far". I think i literally facepalmed when i read that, both times. The townie loser mentality in this state is sickening. I went to Springfield to dine with guys from the board here not long ago and yet we have townie lurkers who won't travel to save $200 on a gun.... not saying this applies to you but it explains some of the reluctance. Own guns long enough in this state and you'll start understanding.....

Back
Top Bottom